Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:to be clear, seb's right. it doesn't really matter where it came from at this point. pointing fingers isn't going to make anything better. but that goes for all sides. if it's not okay to point at china and where they fell short and how much they're to blame. then it's also not okay to point at the united states and where we fall short and how much we're to blame. it's either bad to do it to anyone, or it's fair to do it to everyone. you can't have it both ways.
Agreed
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I got a sudden severe panic last night, worrying about my parents. I stayed up until nearly 9AM and got like 2 hours of sleep. They're cautious as they should be, but not mortified like I am. It just hit me out of the blue last night. I can't take this shit for 3-6 months every moment of every day. Worrying about your parents is the worse feeling in the world. Good God...
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:I got a sudden severe panic last night, worrying about my parents. I stayed up until nearly 9AM and got like 2 hours of sleep. They're cautious as they should be, but not mortified like I am. It just hit me out of the blue last night. I can't take this shit for 3-6 months every moment of every day. Worrying about your parents is the worse feeling in the world. Good God...
My parents are 70 and heavy heavy smokers I have not stopped worrying this is scary stuff
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Our snail pace of testing is baffling to me I saw even Tucker on Fox was criticizing our incompetence. Also China right now is trying to distance themselves from this thing when it is 100% their fault and I really don't care what you call it because this whole name thing is fucking stupid and only helps China with their propaganda program
What’s with the China bashing? This is a global pandemic nota Chinese issue.
China is putting out that the U.S. started this virus and released it in Wuhan. It is a global pandemic that originated in and was covered up by China.
What difference does that make though. Branding it Chinese just adds to a strong level of racism and xenophobia already present and isn’t really an accurate point.
why is china branding it as america's fault, if not for that very reason? is their point accurate?
Literally never heard anything to that effect. At all. So maybe this is a US point?
so you're saying that the united states media is telling us falsely that china is blaming us for the outbreak?
Zhao Lijian said it. Said we dropped it in Wuhan so we can blame China. Absolute morons over there...
"It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!"

You eat rodents over there, you fucking clown. Rodents that carry diseases. You eat them alive, and your negligence and carelessness are putting loved ones from all over the world in danger of dying. MOST people are probably going to get this virus and it is entirely your doing over there. Yours, and nobody elses.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jason wrote:I got a sudden severe panic last night, worrying about my parents. I stayed up until nearly 9AM and got like 2 hours of sleep. They're cautious as they should be, but not mortified like I am. It just hit me out of the blue last night. I can't take this shit for 3-6 months every moment of every day. Worrying about your parents is the worse feeling in the world. Good God...
My parents are 70 and heavy heavy smokers I have not stopped worrying this is scary stuff
My mom is 58 and my dad is 60. They quit smoking many years ago, but my Mom is diabetic. I am especially scared for her.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Our snail pace of testing is baffling to me I saw even Tucker on Fox was criticizing our incompetence. Also China right now is trying to distance themselves from this thing when it is 100% their fault and I really don't care what you call it because this whole name thing is fucking stupid and only helps China with their propaganda program
China is putting out that the U.S. started this virus and released it in Wuhan. It is a global pandemic that originated in and was covered up by China.
What difference does that make though. Branding it Chinese just adds to a strong level of racism and xenophobia already present and isn’t really an accurate point.
why is china branding it as america's fault, if not for that very reason? is their point accurate?
Literally never heard anything to that effect. At all. So maybe this is a US point?
so you're saying that the united states media is telling us falsely that china is blaming us for the outbreak?
Zhao Lijian said it. Said we dropped it in Wuhan so we can blame China. Absolute morons over there...
"It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!"

You eat rodents over there, you fucking clown. Rodents that carry diseases. You eat them alive, and your negligence and carelessness are putting loved ones from all over the world in danger of dying. MOST people are probably going to get this virus and it is entirely your doing over there. Yours, and nobody elses.
this will only lead to more trump bashing from everyone else and to you telling them they are all wrong for using the virus for political purposes, again. yay.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:to be clear, seb's right. it doesn't really matter where it came from at this point. pointing fingers isn't going to make anything better. but that goes for all sides. if it's not okay to point at china and where they fell short and how much they're to blame. then it's also not okay to point at the united states and where we fall short and how much we're to blame. it's either bad to do it to anyone, or it's fair to do it to everyone. you can't have it both ways.
Agreed
Ditto
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Agreed
Ditto
Si. Only way is to go forward from here.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I’m saying if that’s a line it isn’t one the UK otcSweden have given any credence to or stated in news media I follow so I have no awareness of it. China blaming the US is absurd if they mean that the US is the reason for the outbreak in China.

The US is absurd if it calls this the Chinese Virus or whatever as it is a global threat likely made worse by each country’s failure to use the time bought us by China’s strong and authoritarian response to the virus outbreak which was not matched by our own.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

this will only lead to more trump bashing from everyone else and to you telling them they are all wrong for using the virus for political purposes, again. yay.
I mean, I’m happy to not blame trump for Jason going on a racist tirade. He can have that one all to himself. :D
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Sometimes you need a laugh and today that comes from discovering ISUS have banned their members from traveling yo Europe. Plague so bad it defeated terrorism.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

:lol: There's an upside to everything, I guess.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Cant imagine where we will be this time next week
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:Cant imagine where we will be this time next week
Hopefully quarantined and not like in Italy where doctors are choosing who lives or dies.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

showa58taro wrote:
Hopefully quarantined and not like in Italy where doctors are choosing who lives or dies.
It's already like that here. Whoever can afford will live.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
I wish they would drop a national quarantine
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
It's already like that here. Whoever can afford will live.
The system probably dies in fairness. But in Italy individual doctors and nurses are having to select individuals likely to survive.

The most chilling video was this one, in a way.

https://youtu.be/W_sz7XLhOUM

People are dying and lots of them. 360+ in one day.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

After 9pm tonight, all restaurants and bars in Ohio are to be closed. People are freaking the fuck out. Some even talking about people taking out Dewine, our Governor. Ugh. Things are getting crazy. Then you have the Trump whackadoos blaming the Democrats. Wow.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:After 9pm tonight, all restaurants and bars in Ohio are to be closed. People are freaking the fuck out. Some even talking about people taking out Dewine, our Governor. Ugh. Things are getting crazy. Then you have the Trump whackadoos blaming the Democrats. Wow.
Taking out the governor?! What would they say that for?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:After 9pm tonight, all restaurants and bars in Ohio are to be closed. People are freaking the fuck out. Some even talking about people taking out Dewine, our Governor. Ugh. Things are getting crazy. Then you have the Trump whackadoos blaming the Democrats. Wow.
Taking out the governor?! What would they say that for?
Conspiracy theorists. They're saying next is martial law. I'm like, dont be a dumbass. You can do prison time for saying that shit.