Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:I do believe lots of people have brains that will not allow them to grasp the severity of a situation. Like some people will just freeze in a burning building instead of running because they cant process the gravity of what's going on around them. I have to tell this one lady at work 3 times a day I don't want to look at the meme she just found on Instagram when she comes walking toward me trying to put her phone in my face. Or another friend who wanted to come over and drink beer last Friday I told her flat out no and I could tell she got pissed at me.
Kung Flu is wild stuff. It seems to be so easily contagious and survive on surfaces for long periods of time. We obviously can't stay inside forever, but it's important to take precautions. For the sake of the elderly, really. Whenever I have to go out, nearly everyone is wearing masks and the places are only 10% full of people as they normally are. We're handling this better than I expected, to be honest.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Fines for public gatherings should be crippling. But in truth that creates more problems than it solves
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Head refuses to directly quote me for some reason. Lol.
It’s called social distancing.

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The video of people flooding into churches on Palm Sunday made me lose even more faith in humanity.

I’m so sick of churches getting preferential treatment from this country. Every church should be shut down, if you’re a Christian, you have a fucking Bible. You don’t need to be in a church to worship, it’s probably the easiest adjustment a person can make in this new world.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Agree there.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I do believe lots of people have brains that will not allow them to grasp the severity of a situation. Like some people will just freeze in a burning building instead of running because they cant process the gravity of what's going on around them. I have to tell this one lady at work 3 times a day I don't want to look at the meme she just found on Instagram when she comes walking toward me trying to put her phone in my face. Or another friend who wanted to come over and drink beer last Friday I told her flat out no and I could tell she got pissed at me.
Kung Flu is wild stuff. It seems to be so easily contagious and survive on surfaces for long periods of time. We obviously can't stay inside forever, but it's important to take precautions. For the sake of the elderly, really. Whenever I have to go out, nearly everyone is wearing masks and the places are only 10% full of people as they normally are. We're handling this better than I expected, to be honest.
i hope we're handling it well. people need to be level-headed and calm about this. we don't need fear or misinformation to take hold. (and no, this is not just about the last convo)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
i hope we're handling it well. people need to be level-headed and calm about this. we don't need fear or misinformation to take hold. (and no, this is not just about the last convo)
mIsInFoRmAtIoN?!!??!?!1!?! (jk)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Agree there.
But also, they're treating all churches the same. It isn't just Christians.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:Agree there.
But also, they're treating all churches the same. It isn't just Christians.
Not making exceptions but it is a predominantly Christian country. In this case, it’s mostly the southern Baptist sects who are the biggest problem. Which isn’t surprising because they’ve long been the center of WTF-ness in Christianity in the US.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
mIsInFoRmAtIoN?!!??!?!1!?! (jk)
yeah. there is a lot of conspiracy stuff going around. i hope it's not nationwide. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:So I was kind of joking when I brought it up, but apparently he actually does own stock in the company that produces hydroxychloroquine. Lol.

So yeah. Always follow the money and always tune out the snake oil salesmen.
Colour me surprised.
Color me apathetic!
Why the a- prefix?
Mean.
Bit funny no?
Yes. I just hope there isn't sincerity there. Otherwise, good rib.
Nah, I can distinguish the political from the personal. :)
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Head refuses to directly quote me for some reason. Lol.
It’s called social distancing.
That's a solid +1 right there.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Headhunter wrote:No, favoring one political philosophy over another does not make you smarter, it makes you different. If most Americans knew they largely pay more in taxes than most European countries while deriving almost no civic benefits from it, but making sure the wealthy get wealthier and the war machine gets stronger (and more profitable for investors)...it would blow their minds. At this point, the US is a cultural and technological giant with a political infrastructure that closer resembles a third world dump than the most powerful nation.
Yep. Goddamn criminal how much we bleed out in taxes yet there's nothing to show for it.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Headhunter wrote:No, favoring one political philosophy over another does not make you smarter, it makes you different. If most Americans knew they largely pay more in taxes than most European countries while deriving almost no civic benefits from it, but making sure the wealthy get wealthier and the war machine gets stronger (and more profitable for investors)...it would blow their minds. At this point, the US is a cultural and technological giant with a political infrastructure that closer resembles a third world dump than the most powerful nation.
Yep. Goddamn criminal how much we bleed out in taxes yet there's nothing to show for it.
Amen.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Breaking news:

After a bit of reflection, I've decided I will NOT be voting for Joe "Where am I?" Biden in the upcoming election. The Democrats don't get to insult my intelligence, shove a dementia-ridden old creep in my face and tell me I'm obligated to vote for him. Fuck off.

That is all.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'd also like to announce that I will not be voting for Joe Biden.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason has formally endorsed Vermin Supreme!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I really could never justify voting for Biden he should of never been in the running to begin with. I will have to wait until November to make any further voting decisions.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

What a shit show. This feels worse than Clinton Vs. Trump somehow.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:What a shit show. This feels worse than Clinton Vs. Trump somehow.
Democrats had three years to figure out how to beat Trump and they landed on a guy who gets lost mid-sentence. It's kind of insulting that they expect voters to fall in line with this.