NBA Playoffs

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Lakers very well could have a Paul George, Brook Lopez and Lonzo Ball core by the end of the week with a chance to sign LeBron next summer.

We're coming baaaaaack. Magic Johnson = John Elway
You really think we're gonna draft Ball? I do think the whole "he didn't have a good workout" shiz was smoke and mirrors but still IDK.
I'd be shocked if Magic Johnson sees his game and ultimately passes on him. He has to see guys like himself, Jason Kidd etc. in Ball. There's no sure thing outside of Fultz in this draft, but Ball has the most transferable skills to start out with.
I know a lot who don't want him based on his father, but it's like who really gives a shit? LA is the best market to tune him out and the dad has admitted to treating his sons like he was breeding thoroughbred horses or some shit. I want to see if there's a payoff there.
I guarantee none of these teams have any worries about Lavar, it's fans and media who make him such an overblown public presence. He's just talking. Besides, once Lonzo's in the league he'll be turning his attention to the other two kids who aren't the elite prospects Lonzo is. Gonna require more effort to pimp them out.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Btw LeBron is the one who has been leaking these rumors of wanting to play in Los Angeles. Either a leverage play to get the guys he needs in Cleveland or legit but LeBron is a smart, calculated guy and he's extremely selective about what he lets get out there. His brand, public perception and legacy are on his mind with everything he does.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Btw LeBron is the one who has been leaking these rumors of wanting to play in Los Angeles. Either a leverage play to get the guys he needs in Cleveland or legit but LeBron is a smart, calculated guy and he's extremely selective about what he lets get out there. His brand, public perception and legacy are on his mind with everything he does.
Agreed, especially after the backlash of "taking my talents to south beach".
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Btw LeBron is the one who has been leaking these rumors of wanting to play in Los Angeles. Either a leverage play to get the guys he needs in Cleveland or legit but LeBron is a smart, calculated guy and he's extremely selective about what he lets get out there. His brand, public perception and legacy are on his mind with everything he does.
Agreed, especially after the backlash of "taking my talents to south beach".
He hates Dan Gilbert, came back in spite of him. He said his goal was to win a championship for the city of Cleveland. He never said anything about multiple championships. And LeBron is the kind of guy who is very honest about his plans and what he says most of the time you can take at face value, but he's selective about when he talks about them. He flat out said in his third year in Miami that he'd like to come back to Cleveland later in his career and most people blew it off. I think he's got this Jedi mind trick going where he openly and casually mentions his future plans and nobody takes them seriously until it's too late.

His wife wants to raise the kids in Los Angeles, he accomplished his "one championship" goal for Cleveland, now Gilbert refused to pay the GM who LeBron was a big fan of, and all the guys working under him who were well regarded around the league are leaving too, the front office is a mess. Tea leaves to me are indicating another LeExit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Didn't know DeAngelo Russell got traded.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yup, salary dumped Mozgov, got Brook Lopez and a first back. Now trying to trade two 1sts (27, 28), Randle and/or Clarkson to the Pacers for Paul George while keeping the #2 pick and tons of cap space for 2018. Magic Johnson has done a really nice job so far and I say that as someone who thinks Russell can still become a good player.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Not in Brooklyn. lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

No but at least he'll get to take as many shots as he wants now. Good for him. Could be horrible for his development, but he's already a pretty immature kid so his potential to flunk out was always kinda high.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Now the Lakers just need to dump Luol Deng and his contract and they'll be loaded with cap space next year, since Brook's contract also expires next summer.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

So now Cavs players have been telling Butler the situation with the team is not good so he's asked to stay with the Bulls. Still have no GM, so they'll miss out on trade opportunities until then. Likely to strike out on Paul George. Kyrie wants a trade if LeBron won!t commit to staying. Ugly month for them.

Hope Dan Gilbert enjoyed the one championship LeBron gave him, he's made him want to leave twice now. Smh
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Bron's armband to Nuggets.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Lakers very well could have a Paul George, Brook Lopez and Lonzo Ball core by the end of the week with a chance to sign LeBron next summer.

We're coming baaaaaack. Magic Johnson = John Elway
You really think we're gonna draft Ball? I do think the whole "he didn't have a good workout" shiz was smoke and mirrors but still IDK.
I'd be shocked if Magic Johnson sees his game and ultimately passes on him. He has to see guys like himself, Jason Kidd etc. in Ball. There's no sure thing outside of Fultz in this draft, but Ball has the most transferable skills to start out with.
I know a lot who don't want him based on his father, but it's like who really gives a shit? LA is the best market to tune him out and the dad has admitted to treating his sons like he was breeding thoroughbred horses or some shit. I want to see if there's a payoff there.
I guarantee none of these teams have any worries about Lavar, it's fans and media who make him such an overblown public presence. He's just talking. Besides, once Lonzo's in the league he'll be turning his attention to the other two kids who aren't the elite prospects Lonzo is. Gonna require more effort to pimp them out.
LONZO TO THE LAKE SHOW!!!!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

How many first round picks do the 76ers have now? 8? 9? :p
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Lonzo...then Paul George...then LeBron 8-)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I know so many Laker fans who despise LeBron to his very core. Would be interesting to see their reaction at the very least. Probably see them in Warios hats if LeBron goes.

But nah, he ain't going to Loss Angeles.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah a lot of the Kobe stans hate LeBron. They'll probably make a big show about how LeBron needs to "earn" their respect and then they'll be on his junk a couple months later when the team is 19-6 and he's averaging 25, 8 and 8. I don't pay much attention to them.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

They are the "Jordan is 1, Kobe is 2" crowd.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Lavar guaranteeing the squad is playoff bound in 2018

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:They are the "Jordan is 1, Kobe is 2" crowd.
LOL yes. Somehow LeBron always makes it in their top 5s even though they hate him because they can only name about 10 players :lol:
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:I know so many Laker fans who despise LeBron to his very core. Would be interesting to see their reaction at the very least. Probably see them in Warios hats if LeBron goes.

But nah, he ain't going to Loss Angeles.
It's amazing what a change in uniform will do to opinions about a player. I hate Draymond, but put him in a Thunder uniform and see how long that lasts.