NFL Discussion: 2020 Season

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: NFL Discussion: 2020 Season

Post by Jason »

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Elway looking into Jason Peters.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Source? I've heard they're not interested in Peters at all.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I have heard they could be interested in Kelvin Beachum but that they're more likely to roll with the guys they have. Which means Simple Jack at LT, a gimp at RT and a guard as the swing. What could go wrong
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Albert Breer hinted at the Broncos, Chargers and Eagles being the three teams looking to land him at the moment. I only know for sure Elway isn't interested in Trent Williams.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Williams is a 49er.

I saw the Breer thing, but he wasn’t even really reporting that as a real thing, just making an educated guess based on tackle situations around the league. He also said the Broncos were planning to trade up in the draft for a LT and shopping Bolles and that was blatantly false so his Denver source appears to be fucking him anyway.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Williams is a 49er.

I saw the Breer thing, but he wasn’t even really reporting that as a real thing, just making an educated guess based on tackle situations around the league. He also said the Broncos were planning to trade up in the draft for a LT and shopping Bolles and that was blatantly false so his Denver source appears to be fucking him anyway.
Yeah, I know. But when he was seeking a trade is when I heard Elway wasn't even bothering.

Bolles showed promise at the end when Lock stepped in at QB. This is definitely his "prove-it" year if Elway is indeed not looking into signing Peters. I would like Peters on a one-year, but that also means we need to still be shopping for an LT since Peters is pushing 40.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Decent chance I'll be driving to Denver for week 1's Monday night opener.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I suspect they will look into signing Villanueva from Pittsburgh in free agency next year. The problem with Peters is he has problems getting through games anymore, Philly was rotating him out constantly. I need my LT playing every snap.

I find the source economy of the NFL interesting. Schefter and Rapaport have high level sources on every team. Denver’s 9 News channel pays the Broncos for access so Mike Klis gets fed everything by Elway to act as essentially his personal PR guy. Woody Paige is friends with Elway and can get any scoop he wants but isn’t in the day to day business, so he just comes out of the woodwork 2-3 times a year to get the big scoop. Allbright has some non-Elway source in the front office but I’m not sure who. Everyone else gets scraps or has low level sources. And a lot of people have those sources.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

In whatever article I read, I think Albert Breer mentioned Peter King when he hinted at Elway looking at Peters. Villanueva would be an awesome signing. I'd highly prefer that route.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I think Bolles is a lost cause you just hope to get average play out of this year without sending help to his side too much. That was such a bad pick. Can’t have a literal retard at left tackle.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

5 primetime games for the Ravens :( I prefer 1 or 4 o'clock games personally
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Thanksgiving is sweet though
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Sad to see the people’s champ Jay Cutler being attacked through the media by his reality TV wife for something different every day. The Jay Train wants to chill on the couch the rest of his life and fuck women, as he should. Get lost, Kristin.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Sad to see the people’s champ Jay Cutler being attacked through the media by his reality TV wife for something different every day. The Jay Train wants to chill on the couch the rest of his life and fuck women, as he should. Get lost, Kristin.
This. He wants to Netflix and chill all day and chick be getting crazy.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Surprised that marriage lasted as long as it did
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

She called him "this lazy and unmotivated guy". I'm curious what is so productive about walking around on a fake reality TV set. This bitch has clearly never thrown an interception in her entire life.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Dude got physically destroyed in Chicago, earned over 100 million dollars in his career and was willing to be a stay at home dad so she could do whatever she wanted with her time and his money. She fucked up.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Dude got physically destroyed in Chicago, earned over 100 million dollars in his career and was willing to be a stay at home dad so she could do whatever she wanted with her time and his money. She fucked up.
She'll find some other rich reality TV dope to be a retard with.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also, I maintain that Jay Cutler is the truest version of the American Dream. In his career he was basically every office worker who does the absolute bare minimum to not get fired while never stressing himself out. Dude was unwilling to do enough to be great but had enough natural skills to earn a couple big contracts. Love the hustle.