More destruction of historical statues and monuments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: More destruction of historical statues and monuments

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
It was numerous things. As I said, Jason clearly tossed his support behind Trump and presented rationale. Who were you advocating for? Who was Head advocating for? AlI saw from you guys was anti-Trump negativity and the same old non-sense about wanting more choices, which is like saying you want a unicorn for Christmas.
fair enough. you're right, that i didn't settle on any of the choices we were presented. i'll just take that you didn't really have a different view on trump at all, but wanted to make that claim so you could point to something as having your mind changed. *shrug*
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
It was numerous things. As I said, Jason clearly tossed his support behind Trump and presented rationale. Who were you advocating for? Who was Head advocating for? AlI saw from you guys was anti-Trump negativity and the same old non-sense about wanting more choices, which is like saying you want a unicorn for Christmas.
fair enough. you're right, that i didn't settle on any of the choices we were presented. i'll just take that you didn't really have a different view on trump at all, but wanted to make that claim so you could point to something as having your mind changed. *shrug*
Why is it not good enough that I am flat out telling you what was going on in my own mind? Is it that implausible that I was not really able to follow the race that closely, so I learned information from a friend about it? I learned of new films here and got information on them as well. Am I lying about all of that or something?

Kinda weird that because someone disagrees with you, that you think you have to fill in information that keeps your world view intact. Again, Jason was the person here telling you why to support a person. I can't recall a single time since the primaries that you actually supported anyone. Same with Head. It was nothing but negativity.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Why is it not good enough that I am flat out telling you what was going on in my own mind? Is it that implausible that I was not really able to follow the race that closely, so I learned information from a friend about it? I learned of new films here and got information on them as well. Am I lying about all of that or something?

Kinda weird that because someone disagrees with you, that you think you have to fill in information that keeps your world view intact. Again, Jason was the person here telling you why to support a person. I can't recall a single time since the primaries that you actually supported anyone. Same with Head. It was nothing but negativity.
what is my world view? that people can't change their minds? lol.. no, i dont think you're lying about this. i guess i just had the wrong impression of what you meant in the first place. like you were opposed to something about trump and jason changed your mind. sorry.

but you accuse me all of the time about dancing around an answer and not actually committing, so yeah. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

what is my world view? that people can't change their minds? lol.. no, i dont think you're lying about this. i guess i just had the wrong impression of what you meant in the first place. like you were opposed to something about trump and jason changed your mind. sorry.

but you accuse me all of the time about dancing around an answer and not actually committing, so yeah. :P
I was neutral on Trump. Did not like the way he spoke at times. Felt he was also focused on the wrong things at times, or had trouble maintaining a consistent message.

Jason was supporting him, and I was listening. He put out good information on Trump's agenda and policy.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
I was neutral on Trump. Did not like the way he spoke at times. Felt he was also focused on the wrong things at times, or had trouble maintaining a consistent message.

Jason was supporting him, and I was listening. He put out good information on Trump's agenda and policy.
what wrong things? did jason change your mind on it, or did trump move away from focusing on those things?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

what wrong things? did jason change your mind on it, or did trump move away from focusing on those things?
I can't recall specifics, but there were times I felt he got off message. Jason provided a lot of info on Trump, and he provided a lot of info about how he was and has been mistreated by the media.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

I can't recall specifics, but there were times I felt he got off message. Jason provided a lot of info on Trump, and he provided a lot of info about how he was and has been mistreated by the media.
yeah, he was off the cuff a lot of the time. i thought was a big part of what appealed to you guys though?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

yeah, he was off the cuff a lot of the time. i thought was a big part of what appealed to you guys though?
I like his trolling. I would like to see him continually hammer points harder. Also, he should toughen up on welfare programs, disability, prescription drugs, and Planned Parenthood. Would also like him to tweet more. The tweeting kinda rocks.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

I like his trolling. I would like to see him continually hammer points harder. Also, he should toughen up on welfare programs, disability, prescription drugs, and Planned Parenthood. Would also like him to tweet more. The tweeting kinda rocks.
he is pretty snowflakey with his tweets honestly, but if you like that from him. cool.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I also love arguing with Zombie. He's actually going to address me as a real person. Notjust a punching bag.
Which sickens and disgusts. There's no fun in that...
Right! That's no way to talk to Eurotrash
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:i thought you were arguing that they aren't free. if everyone is not free (for that very silly reason) then they can be not free wearing the hijab, and not free wearing something other than the hijab. :P
The point is that society sets standards of dress. To claim in any way that setting a dress standard is somehow a greater restriction than condoning the abuse and oppression of women is absurd. By allowing the hijab, you are assisting the abuse, rather than standing against it.
Foo, in our country, it's entirely their choice. If a Muslim woman chooses to wear it in all honesty, or through fear of abuse, it makes no nevermind. Just the same as a woman who is actually getting the shit beat of her chooses to continually go back to the fucker, and press no charges. The avenue is there for them. But people are too easily brain-washed sometimes.
I could live with that if we decided this was going to be how we handled every situation of abuse. I think for me, I desire consistency. For instance, society will press charges of abuse against a husband even if the wife refuses to press charges. Society made the decision to protect the individual, even if it goes against her wishes.
Then all is well. If abusers get punished without pressing charges then Muslim Americans are safe.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Z, can't believe there's a Lenin statue. Hilarious. But it sounds like it's an ironic statue.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:Z, can't believe there's a Lenin statue. Hilarious. But it sounds like it's an ironic statue.
maybe so. i still see removing it, particularly in this climate, to be censorship of a sort.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Z, can't believe there's a Lenin statue. Hilarious. But it sounds like it's an ironic statue.
maybe so. i still see removing it, particularly in this climate, to be censorship of a sort.
Why would anyone want to remove a joke Lenin statue from a hipster commune i Seattle. That thing is amazing.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Pretty obvious building anything is a bad idea, because some perpetually offended snowflakes will find a problem with everything. Do nothing productive, yet criticize everything. Amazing.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:Pretty obvious building anything is a bad idea, because some perpetually offended snowflakes will find a problem with everything. Do nothing productive, yet criticize everything. Amazing.
Tell us how you really feel? :P

What's with the amateur dramatics?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Why would anyone want to remove a joke Lenin statue from a hipster commune i Seattle. That thing is amazing.
so, it represents different things to different people. despite the history of vladimir lenin and his era? interesting.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:Pretty obvious building anything is a bad idea, because some perpetually offended snowflakes will find a problem with everything. Do nothing productive, yet criticize everything. Amazing.

I saw nothing dramatic, just spot on truth spoutin', baby!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
so, it represents different things to different people. despite the history of vladimir lenin and his era? interesting.
Not just that it represents different things, no. Although here that could be true. It has a different purpose altogether.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

I saw nothing dramatic, just spot on truth spoutin', baby!
Snowflake couldn't have melted faster tbh