Asian small business owner is arrested...

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Asian small business owner is arrested...

Post by showa58taro »

These are great questions.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:They should investigate. Any reporting trying to downplay the murder because the guy shot wasn’t a saint can Fuck off.
In the bigger picture, the liberal media made a big beef flavored ice cream cone, and you guys are lapping it up like hungry dogs.

White cop shoots innocent Black man! It is click bait gold. You guys cream your shorts jumping at it because it is some great virtue signaling. Meanwhile, young black men killing each other in the ghettos is ever escalating and non stop and no shits are given.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Do you give a shit?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's almost like law enforcement officers are held to a higher standard of conduct than criminals.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

What a load of nonsense.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:They should investigate. Any reporting trying to downplay the murder because the guy shot wasn’t a saint can Fuck off.
In the bigger picture, the liberal media made a big beef flavored ice cream cone, and you guys are lapping it up like hungry dogs.

White cop shoots innocent Black man! It is click bait gold. You guys cream your shorts jumping at it because it is some great virtue signaling. Meanwhile, young black men killing each other in the ghettos is ever escalating and non stop and no shits are given.
i suspect that we give a shit as much as you do, about them killing each other. we've discussed that pretty often, here. but police are public servants. thugs and gangs are not public servants.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:These are great questions.
Not really. It is all about trying to nitpick instead of finding the truth. The suspect is charged with a big crime and is being investigated further to be charged with a bigger crime that could put her in jail for life. This lust to blame the police is so strange.

Like he is gonna sit there and watch hundreds of hours of body cam footage from several different cops? Two cops standing around talking about their fantasy football draft while they wait for forensics will be thrilling, I am sure.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

i suspect that we give a shit as much as you do, about them killing each other. we've discussed that pretty often, here. but police are public servants. thugs and gangs are not public servants.
Indeed. It’s awful that there’s so much crime, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss other crimes. Or that we don’t have opinions on it. Why would you employ such awful attempts at whataboutism.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Maybe we should also be discussing if she met all the same standards of being a cop as her male counterparts? Was she an affirmative action hire?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Indeed. It’s awful that there’s so much crime, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss other crimes. Or that we don’t have opinions on it. Why would you employ such awful attempts at whataboutism.
Because it is so weird that you guys jump at the white cop/black guy thing so hard. The woman is charged with a very serious crime that is appropriate based on available facts and they are investigating whether to charge her with even more serious crimes that could leave her in jail for life.

That is not enough? Jesus.

It is like you have a house that is falling down and filthy, and you want to scream at the guy who cuts your grass because he mowed it east to west instead of North to south.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: Maybe we should also be discussing if she met all the same standards of being a cop as her male counterparts? Was she an affirmative action hire?
i don't know that that's relevant to what we're talking about, but if you wanna talk about it. let's go?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Because it is so weird that you guys jump at the white cop/black guy thing so hard. The woman is charged with a very serious crime that is appropriate based on available facts and they are investigating whether to charge her with even more serious crimes that could leave her in jail for life.

It is like you have a house that is falling down and filthy, and you want to scream at the guy who cuts your grass because he mowed it east to west instead of North to south.
"that is not enough" is what you made it into trying to turn it into being about was the victim really a good guy.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

What is this I don’t even
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I like how in the alternate reality of crazy people, this officer in question isn't at fault. Utterly astounding.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

What is this I don’t even
Foo needs to publish a list of all the analogies he's ever posted. I am always entertained.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jigsaw wrote:I like how in the alternate reality of crazy people, this officer in question isn't at fault. Utterly astounding.
I guess I am not crazy as I see this as 2nd degree murder, at minimum. I believe she is lying.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: Maybe we should also be discussing if she met all the same standards of being a cop as her male counterparts? Was she an affirmative action hire?
i don't know that that's relevant to what we're talking about, but if you wanna talk about it. let's go?
I am saying that is a better conversation, the standards of who we hire as cops, than worrying about the fact that contraband found at a crime scene was disclosed.

"Young black dude smokes weed!" - wow, everyone is surely shocked at that revelation. Did he have hot sauce in the fridge?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
I am saying that is a better conversation, the standards of who we hire as cops, than worrying about the fact that contraband found at a crime scene was disclosed.

"Young black dude smokes weed!" - wow, everyone is surely shocked at that revelation. Did he have hot sauce in the fridge?
better conversation than what? there has absolutely been no conversation about the standards of hiring for police officers, that i've seen.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Maybe there should be.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

By the way, police did search the suspect's apartment and seized items such as her electronic lock for the door.

Also, the reason you hear about the drugs they found in his place and not a lot about the searching of hers, is because it came from them logging the evidence. That is why we are aware of the locks on her door being seized.

You guys need some tinfoil hats.