October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Pretty sure I haven't seen this. I'd have remembered the offensive "Texas Chain Saw Massacre looks better on VHS than Blu Ray, everything looks fake" bullshit line :P Clearly a VHS snob that has their head stuck up their ass lol
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Man...these stories are damn near instantly forgettable, minutes after they finish. Other than the pumpkin seeds one, the rest are already a blur.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

So far these last two are decent. The one with the girl in the elevator and another with Bill Oberst Jr. at a circus (again this Challenge) letting a kid kill his abusive daddy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I haven't checked Shout Factory for updates in a while. Saw they released a Pumpkinhead steelbook and then THIS bad boy. The lithograph is still available for anyone who wants to preorder. It releases next week!

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/mo ... ct_id=7446
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

that looks pretty nice.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Going with The Attic Expeditions (2001) as my final movie for the day.

I don't remember a whole lot about this one other than the fact the plot was a jumbled mess, so let's hope for the best. I mean, it can't be worse than Shark Week/Shark Assault (2012), which I just watched, so it should go down smoothly anyways.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Forgot how cute the brunette in the skeleton skirt/costume was in Terrifier.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Opened my Dracula Has Risen From the Grave Blu-ray. I have only seen this once
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Good Crap! That car scene in Wish Upon was so over the top it was hilarious. Was it supposed to be sad, not sure because I was too busy laughing and choking on my drink. Was not expecting that. So goofy.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I have Dog Soldiers going now
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

As much as I want to broaden my horizons and watch different kinds of movies, I am beginning to think that silent movies are not for me. I am watching one now that I started this morning, and stopped watching 15 minutes in, and just began again at it, and now I am almost halfway in..it is only just over an hour long. I have no idea why my focus wavers during a silent movie. I was going to watch some other silent movies, but I might have to rethink that.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

flyingspider wrote:As much as I want to broaden my horizons and watch different kinds of movies, I am beginning to think that silent movies are not for me. I am watching one now that I started this morning, and stopped watching 15 minutes in, and just began again at it, and now I am almost halfway in..it is only just over an hour long. I have no idea why my focus wavers during a silent movie. I was going to watch some other silent movies, but I might have to rethink that.
i have a hard time with silent era movies too. so it's nice to know that i'm not the only one. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Silent movies are perhaps the only movies that are worth watching. Y'all whack yo :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jiggy finna lay down the law on silent movies...
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:Jiggy finna lay down the law on silent movies...
I'd feel more of an authority if I finally got to watching the maybe ten last silents horror films I know about. Still haven't seen The Hands of Orlac (1924) of the French The Fall of the House of Usher (1928).
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Hey zombs, how was I Had a Bloody Good Time at House Harker? That's been on my radar for a while, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Watched The Evil Dead with my new lady. Possession stuff creeped her out slightly. Gore fucks her up pretty good. Lol. I'm gonna broaden the horizons with Arachnophobia next, then maybe The Omen or something.

Never dated a girl with such little knowledge of horror, but the experience of showing these lifelong favorites and classics to an open mind is just as great as if she were actually a fan to begin with. Win-win, really. ReAnimator made her squirm for obvious reasons.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:Hey zombs, how was I Had a Bloody Good Time at House Harker? That's been on my radar for a while, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
it barely qualifies as horror in my opinion. but there's some fun to be had.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Watched The Evil Dead with my new lady. Possession stuff creeped her out slightly. Gore fucks her up pretty good. Lol. I'm gonna broaden the horizons with Arachnophobia next, then maybe The Omen or something.

Never dated a girl with such little knowledge of horror, but the experience of showing these lifelong favorites and classics to an open mind is just as great as if she were actually a fan to begin with. Win-win, really. ReAnimator made her squirm for obvious reasons.
we all started where she is, at some point. and most probably didn't have someone to watch with. that way. good stuff.