Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Politics is a dumpster fire except one with rabid fans
Not always. Though increasingly on here and in social media.
Trump derangement syndrome. Lo

Lol!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Politics is a dumpster fire except one with rabid fans
Not always. Though increasingly on here and in social media.
Trump derangement syndrome. Lo

Lol!
Or Trump devotion syndrome
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Great, can’t make fun of Florida anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/n ... rules/amp/
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I am 50/50 on all this.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

“We think it’s New World Order trying to take over.”

These people are fucking lunatics.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:I am 50/50 on all this.
That just means you know these people are idiots but don’t want to admit it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
It has nothing to do with the people. I'm saying I'm 50/50 on whether or not to start opening things up.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And no, I don't think the nWo is here. But the government official in Michigan is getting well-deserved, nationwide ridicule for shutting down purchases of items and shit (among other things). Can't buy seeds and things to grow your own crops, but you can walk into a McDonald's with a mask on and get a Big Mac.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
It has nothing to do with the people. I'm saying I'm 50/50 on whether or not to start opening things up.
So clearly not viable at this stage.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why not?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I particularly enjoy the ones complaining that they don’t need the government babying them and they can follow social distancing etiquette without being told to...while they gather in large groups. Fuck these idiots. Put all these protesters on a big corona cruise and let them party in the ocean for the next few months. No medical assistance necessary, the New World Order can’t touch them in international waters and God’s got them if they get sick. Let’s do it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

In fairness, we are not communists and can't force people at gunpoint to stay home. And if we're self-isolating, we're nowhere near those people hanging out at the beach, anyway.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why not?
Not even close to enough testing. Re-open too soon and we’re significantly more fucked than we are now. Short term, myopic “save the economy” thinking that doesn’t account for the effect of a second wave.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Communism doesn’t have a thing to do with this. Jumping off a cliff with the conviction that you at least aren’t a Communist won’t stop you from killing yourself. These people are idiots and people need to stop babying them. They should be shamed, they’re not patriots, they’re menaces.

And those people on the beach are not living in a beach bubble where they only make each other sick. They have homes and buy groceries.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why not?
Not even close to enough testing. Re-open too soon and we’re significantly more fucked than we are now. Short term, myopic “save the economy” thinking that doesn’t account for the effect of a second wave.
The likelihood of a second wave increases with this self-isolation. It runs the risk of becoming endemic, so the two scenarios we're looking at are 1) let it burn through quicker and become obsolete, but hospitals are overrun, resulting in more deaths in a shorter period of time. 2) Quarantine, slow the curve, further damage the world economy and increase the risk of this disease becoming endemic when we aren't expected to have a vaccine for at least one or two years, likely resulting in far more deaths long term than option one.

Neither are good scenarios.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Communism doesn’t have a thing to do with this. Jumping off a cliff with the conviction that you at least aren’t a Communist won’t stop you from killing yourself. These people are idiots and people need to stop babying them. They should be shamed, they’re not patriots, they’re menaces.

And those people on the beach are not living in a beach bubble where they only make each other sick. They have homes and buy groceries.
I haven't seen them being babied. I've seen them in their own circle jerk, as if they're fighting tyranny. I mean, this is how a tyrannical government could begin a takeover, but I am pretty much 100% certain we're not seeing that here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why not?
The likelihood of a second wave increases with this self-isolation. It runs the risk of becoming endemic, so the two scenarios we're looking at are 1) let it burn through quicker and become obsolete, but hospitals are overrun, resulting in more deaths in a shorter period of time. 2) Quarantine, slow the curve, further damage the world economy and increase the risk of this disease becoming endemic when we aren't expected to have a vaccine for at least one or two years, likely resulting in far more deaths long term than option one.

There’s more economic risk if everything falls off a cliff in a short amount of time.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why not?

There’s more economic risk if everything falls off a cliff in a short amount of time.
Most things have already fallen off a cliff.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Communism doesn’t have a thing to do with this. Jumping off a cliff with the conviction that you at least aren’t a Communist won’t stop you from killing yourself. These people are idiots and people need to stop babying them. They should be shamed, they’re not patriots, they’re menaces.

I haven't seen them being babied. I've seen them in their own circle jerk, as if they're fighting tyranny. I mean, this is how a tyrannical government could begin a takeover, but I am pretty much 100% certain we're not seeing that here.
Yeah they’re not fighting tyranny, they’re just assholes. This is like the ugliest side of individualistic, self-interested American culture having a love child with the far right paranoid conspiracist part of society. We baby them when we frame these actions as defending American values. There’s nothing romantic about this, it’s a sliver of society allowing their ignorance to hurt everyone around them. It’s fucked.