What are you watching?

You can talk about anything here
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Headhunter »

From audiences, critics or both? What didn't they like about it? Haven't seen it actually.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:From audiences, critics or both? What didn't they like about it? Haven't seen it actually.
i don't know specifics about it, but it' seems to be viewed as a drop in quality. which i guess isn't so bad considering the rest of their films to that point.. but i still think it fits in well among them, myself.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I don't love any of the Pixar flicks. There, I said it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:I don't love any of the Pixar flicks. There, I said it.
But you're obsessed with the Disney computer animated stuff. Let it goooooo, let it gooooooo....
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

How do you guys still maintain interest in these Disney kids flicks? I loved Up, and I saw quite a few others around that time, but I just feel like I've moved on immensely from them, and they're also way different than they used to be. Would like to enjoy them like most other adults.

On a side note, I just bought the steelbox of 101 Dalmatians. That movie defined my early childhood. Lol. Still holds up so well. Just need a Fox and the Hound steelbook and I'll be set.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:How do you guys still maintain interest in these Disney kids flicks? I loved Up, and I saw quite a few others around that time, but I just feel like I've moved on immensely from them, and they're also way different than they used to be. Would like to enjoy them like most other adults.

On a side note, I just bought the steelbox of 101 Dalmatians. That movie defined my early childhood. Lol. Still holds up so well. Just need a Fox and the Hound steelbook and I'll be set.
They're kind of kids movies made for adult audiences. I think they've fallen off from where they were ten years ago but they're just good movies.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

The closest are Monsters Inc and Up, but they don't quite get to be with the elite.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:How do you guys still maintain interest in these Disney kids flicks? I loved Up, and I saw quite a few others around that time, but I just feel like I've moved on immensely from them, and they're also way different than they used to be. Would like to enjoy them like most other adults.

They're kind of kids movies made for adult audiences. I think they've fallen off from where they were ten years ago but they're just good movies.
I feel the same in that they've fallen off from 30 years ago or so. 101 Dalmatians and Fox and the Hound are definitely geared toward adults in a lot of ways.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I don't love any of the Pixar flicks. There, I said it.
But you're obsessed with the Disney computer animated stuff. Let it goooooo, let it gooooooo....
Frozen is a piece of crap and the incoming tsunami for part 2 is going to sicken and disgust.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:The closest are Monsters Inc and Up, but they don't quite get to be with the elite.
101 Dalmatians and Fox and the Hound have been interchangeable with me for like 30 years. Lol. Lion King I probably got at #3 followed by Toy Story. Don't think I've ever seen Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty or a lot of others. Even as a kid I was never huge on Disney stuff.

I've never even been to Didneylaaand.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:The closest are Monsters Inc and Up, but they don't quite get to be with the elite.
Opening montage of Up is an elite movie scene.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
101 Dalmatians and Fox and the Hound have been interchangeable with me for like 30 years. Lol. Lion King I probably got at #3 followed by Toy Story. Don't think I've ever seen Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty or a lot of others. Even as a kid I was never huge on Disney stuff.

I've never even been to Didneylaaand.
Just mix in some Jungle Book and Robin Hood in that diet and you'll be fine.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Opening montage of Up is an elite movie scene.
It tugs at the heary strings, and I'd say it's easily the best I've seen in the 2000s, but I haven't seen much at all. Might not have seen anymore after that one, actually. Wall-E was overrated.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'm a big Dumbo guy. Dumbo is great.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Not seen that one either.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

You'd think Tim Burton could do that one good... nope.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Nightmare Before Christmas ImageImageImage
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:You'd think Tim Burton could do that one good... nope.
The elephant in that was pretty fucking cute but I had no interest in seeing it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i'm a weirdo as movie tastes go. a lot of the pixar stuff, lilo and stitch, tangled, wreck it ralph, and shrek (or shrek 2, even more) are all awesome as far as i'm concerned. probably more if you include non-animated family fare.. but i'd have to think about it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i don't think i've seen many of the live action fairy tale stuff. maleficent and the alice in wondlerland movies, but that's it. curious about beauty and the beast though.