What are you watching?

You can talk about anything here
Jason
Administrator

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Jason »

Hoping to squeeze in both Rear Window and Dial M for Murder before I get too sleepy. Starting up Rear Window now. Been a good year or two.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Guys, listen... I may be retarded.

I've seen Rear Window at least a dozen times in my life, and if you know me, you know that I hold off on repeat viewings with movies I love. I should've seen Rear Window 500 times by now. But to my knowledge, I'm not sure I ever noticed that the girl in the magazines on Jefferies table is his girlfriend Lisa. I spotted it so clearly just now, but I go so long between repeat viewings that I'm not sure I've noticed before.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:Guys, listen... I may be retarded.

I've seen Rear Window at least a dozen times in my life, and if you know me, you know that I hold off on repeat viewings with movies I love. I should've seen Rear Window 500 times by now. But to my knowledge, I'm not sure I ever noticed that the girl in the magazines on Jefferies table is his girlfriend Lisa. I spotted it so clearly just now, but I go so long between repeat viewings that I'm not sure I've noticed before.
Sometimes I spot things thanks to better resolution media. Did you just get it on blu ray or something?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"Every man is ready for marriage when the right girl comes along, and Lisa Fremont is the right girl for any man with half a brain who can get one eye open"

Yes.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Nurse Stella with timeless advice.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And there she is. Greatest entrance in movie history. Got me falling in love every Gawl Damn Time.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hitchcock is king.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lisa in an $1100 dress, probably worth 10 grand by today's standards, saying if she had to pay for it'd be worth the occasion, Jefferies last week in a cast.

Shows that glam and fame never got to her head. All the more likable and attractive.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

She's head over heels in love with this lowly photographer and he's more retarded than me because he doesn't notice.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The older you get, the wiser you become. Rear Window is a top 5 all-time movie for me and I've never enjoyed this movie more than I am right now. Hopefully I can say the same in ten years' time.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

makes me wanna revisit a bunch of classics now. including rear window.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:The older you get, the wiser you become. Rear Window is a top 5 all-time movie for me and I've never enjoyed this movie more than I am right now. Hopefully I can say the same in ten years' time.
So maybe you'll re-watch The Godfather and realize you were on fucking crack when you said it was boring.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:She's head over heels in love with this lowly photographer and he's more retarded than me because he doesn't notice.
Alfred Hitch-cuck. The fat man couldn't help but project his lack of sexual confidence, weird fetishes etc. in all his movies.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:The older you get, the wiser you become. Rear Window is a top 5 all-time movie for me and I've never enjoyed this movie more than I am right now. Hopefully I can say the same in ten years' time.
So maybe you'll re-watch The Godfather and realize you were on fucking crack when you said it was boring.
Possible.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:Guys, listen... I may be retarded.

Sometimes I spot things thanks to better resolution media. Did you just get it on blu ray or something?
Sorry. I somehow totally missed this post.

Nope. Still have my Universal Legacy Series DVD.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Clue

Felt like watching more murder mystery stuff after Knives out and figure I go with one I haven't seen in a long time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Clue

Felt like watching more murder mystery stuff after Knives out and figure I go with one I haven't seen in a long time.
GOAT
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It Could Happen to You

Nicholas Cage and Bridget Fonda. She's a waitress and he forgets he doesn't have cash to leave her a tip, so he promises to come back and tip her and if he wins the lottery he'll split it with her... He wins the lottery, and the movie kinda begins. lol.

Takes me three days to finish one movie, nowadays. Just can't binge anything, anymore. Takes a lot out of me for some reason. Not a lot of time on my hands, I guess. :(