Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:If Seb and I are exceptions simply because you know us even though we’re part of your make-believe “Orange Man Bad” team, maybe just maybe none of these people actually want people to die, it’s just easier for you to slander people you’ll never have to interact with.

Nobody wants anyone to die. It’s a bush league thing to say.
It's not make believe. People who hate Trump for the sake of hating him exist. It existed with Obama, too. And with Bush, etc... I have never seen it operate at this magnitude with Trump, however.

Nobody wants anyone to die, but people (especially the media) will use the dead to justify reasoning of disliking Trump. It's just true.
No, it’s not for the sake of hating him. It’s because of his actions, and long term, because of the person he is. You just can’t accept that anyone would have a genuinely negative thing to say about him because you’re so deep in the hive. Deny anything outside your existence.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:If Seb and I are exceptions simply because you know us even though we’re part of your make-believe “Orange Man Bad” team, maybe just maybe none of these people actually want people to die, it’s just easier for you to slander people you’ll never have to interact with.

It's not make believe. People who hate Trump for the sake of hating him exist. It existed with Obama, too. And with Bush, etc... I have never seen it operate at this magnitude with Trump, however.

Nobody wants anyone to die, but people (especially the media) will use the dead to justify reasoning of disliking Trump. It's just true.
......says the guy who said that the only thing he agreed with Obama on was Cuba and was still *iffy* about that. Be fair brotha!
I never said I was iffy about that. That's the one thing he did that I liked. I went out of my way to try to like him, but I never could. He was charismatic and easy to listen to, but a terrible leader of the country. It was never even him pulling strings, he was bought and owned. Just liked the guy before him.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Even though Trump’s inaction has killed thousands, notice I never say he WANTS them to die. Sounds like you’ve got “Liberal Derangement Syndrome”.
You say his inaction killed thousands, I say his early action saved potentially millions.

I blame the WHO and China for every single death that occurs. Every single one. We will just never agree here.
I know you do. Trump gets all the credit but must be absolved of any and all responsibility. That’s your guys’ mantra. Just stop being bewildered that your conception of reality doesn’t match the majority of people’s.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

No wonder Jason can't sleep. This is a total gang rape now. Head went turncoat, Foo M.I.A, I never really helped for shit, but protected my right brothers. Now he has to fight you guys off from filling all holes. We gotta stop this.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

......says the guy who said that the only thing he agreed with Obama on was Cuba and was still *iffy* about that. Be fair brotha!
I never said I was iffy about that. That's the one thing he did that I liked. I went out of my way to try to like him, but I never could. He was charismatic and easy to listen to, but a terrible leader of the country. It was never even him pulling strings, he was bought and owned. Just liked the guy before him.
That's fair and I will take your word on it. I just dont think my criticism of Trump regarding the coronavirus is just because he is Trump. That's my point. Hell...he talked about expanding Medicaid and Medicare during all this, and I can say that I agree with him on that.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote::P i don't see this as reaching, when it's on record and you can just point to that. but sure... maybe it's reaching. do you never reach, when arguing a point around here?
I reach when arguing a point, yes. I don't reach in a decision to justify poor reasoning, though, is the difference.
no one, specifically on hmf, makes a decision to justify or condemn, just for the sake of a political position. right?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:No wonder Jason can't sleep. This is a total gang rape now. Head went turncoat, Foo M.I.A, I never really helped for shit, but protected my right brothers. Now he has to fight you guys off from filling all holes. We gotta stop this.
Nah....we going for the Houston 500 record baby!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:No wonder Jason can't sleep. This is a total gang rape now. Head went turncoat, Foo M.I.A, I never really helped for shit, but protected my right brothers. Now he has to fight you guys off from filling all holes. We gotta stop this.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I mean, as far as you all have known me I was never really on your guys’ side. I was really in the D range of the spectrum. I always found half the things Jason and Foo said to be batshit. I did move to the left though.

I was a young Republican though. Around the same time, Foo was super far left. It is kinda funny.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Man... the jokes fall flat in here.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Even though Trump’s inaction has killed thousands, notice I never say he WANTS them to die. Sounds like you’ve got “Liberal Derangement Syndrome”.
You say his inaction killed thousands, I say his early action saved potentially millions.

I blame the WHO and China for every single death that occurs. Every single one. We will just never agree here.
I know you do. Trump gets all the credit but must be absolved of any and all responsibility. That’s your guys’ mantra. Just stop being bewildered that your conception of reality doesn’t match the majority of people’s.
I have several legitimate grievances with Trump. I went in with the collective "wtf" when he announced he was running and didn't buy in for 10 months until June 2016 when I decided I was gonna vote for him. Problem is, people hated him from the get-go and there was no changing some people's minds. No matter how many great things he does.

Bare in mind, I am 50/50 on how to approach this. There is no right or wrong answer and still nobody addressed the two scenarios China gave us:

1) let it burn through quicker and become obsolete, but hospitals are overrun, resulting in more deaths in a shorter period of time.
2) Quarantine, slow the curve, further damage the world economy and increase the risk of this disease becoming endemic when we aren't expected to have a vaccine for at least one or two years, likely resulting in far more deaths long term than option one.

You can't blame Trump for having to choose between two options that were inevitable because of China and the WHO's corruption and ineptitude. Blame should be universally agreed upon here. China and the WHO are responsible for every single death that occurs. It is estimated that 95% of this entire pandemic could've been prevented if China was honest about it. But they weren't. They are responsible and it is inarguable. We can discuss all day on what types of measures we go with from here, but the sole blame for this pandemic is China and the WHO. Nobody else.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
I don't believe I know what you're referencing. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
i understand that feeling. don't take criticism of a politician, as criticism of you. and don't jump to doing the same things that you feel are being done to you, all the time? call out the problem, but try not to do it yourself too.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Group watch? Lmao
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote::P i don't see this as reaching, when it's on record and you can just point to that. but sure... maybe it's reaching. do you never reach, when arguing a point around here?
I reach when arguing a point, yes. I don't reach in a decision to justify poor reasoning, though, is the difference.
no one, specifically on hmf, makes a decision to justify or condemn, just for the sake of a political position. right?
I think you're the only person on the board on either side of the discussion who is not guilty of this, to be honest.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Group watch? Lmao
Is it a movie?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

I have several legitimate grievances with Trump. I went in with the collective "wtf" when he announced he was running and didn't buy in for 10 months until June 2016 when I decided I was gonna vote for him. Problem is, people hated him from the get-go and there was no changing some people's minds. No matter how many great things he does.

Bare in mind, I am 50/50 on how to approach this. There is no right or wrong answer and still nobody addressed the two scenarios China gave us:

1) let it burn through quicker and become obsolete, but hospitals are overrun, resulting in more deaths in a shorter period of time.
2) Quarantine, slow the curve, further damage the world economy and increase the risk of this disease becoming endemic when we aren't expected to have a vaccine for at least one or two years, likely resulting in far more deaths long term than option one.

You can't blame Trump for having to choose between two options that were inevitable because of China and the WHO's corruption and ineptitude. Blame should be universally agreed upon here. China and the WHO are responsible for every single death that occurs. It is estimated that 95% of this entire pandemic could've been prevented if China was honest about it. But they weren't. They are responsible and it is inarguable. We can discuss all day on what types of measures we go with from here, but the sole blame for this pandemic is China and the WHO. Nobody else.
We can absolutely blame Trump for doing nothing productive for six weeks. We can also acknowledge China’s role in this while noting that focusing on them is pointless now that it’s everywhere and every government has to be accountable for their response. It’s throwing down the hose to beat up the arson. It’s Churchill bitching about Chamberlain while bombs drop on London. I’m worried about how the Trump adminstration’s incompetence made everything worse, because that was preventable.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:We can absolutely blame Trump for doing nothing productive for six weeks. We can also acknowledge China’s role in this while noting that focusing on them is pointless now that it’s everywhere and every government has to be accountable for their response. It’s throwing down the hose to beat up the arson. It’s Churchill bitching about Chamberlain while bombs drop on London. I’m worried about how the Trump adminstration’s incompetence made everything worse, because that was preventable.
We won't find middle ground here. China did not have a role in this. They are 100% responsible.

Do you prefer option 1 or 2?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Group watch? Lmao
Is it a movie?
Hahahaha.....I thought you knew and was just fucking with me. Google it lol
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Bare in mind, I am 50/50 on how to approach this. There is no right or wrong answer and still nobody addressed the two scenarios China gave us:
i am not a nobody. :P

we can blame china, and rightfully so. but it is like with illegal immigrants, or muslim terrorists. everyone that resembles them starts to get the stink eye. so be careful about it. and understand that it doesn't serve to actually solve anything, especially on your end as just a citizen with a gripe.