Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Also reopening will just respike it. The rates are higher, but they are not herd immunity higher. Too many variables.
And the quarantine has effectively made the CDC predict (finally) that it will likely become endemic, which I (a bum on a computer) predicted before they even suspected the virus could spread from human-to-human. Why am I two steps ahead of the CDC?
So now we get to suffer with the coronavirus recirculating and killing people indefinitely until a vaccine is created. Thanks, quarantine?
That was going to happen no matter the course, that we’d be ducked until a vaccine was developed.
If we quarantined the elderly and let it burn through the host reservoir rapidly, the virus would be extinct in months and no vaccine would even be necessary.
I don’t know if you noticed but the host reservoir is dying too. A lot. Your plan is callous and homicidal.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Lower than 4.1% but higher than the 0.1% the flu represents. It doesn’t work to respike and hope for that best.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Oh look. Hydroxychloroquine not working.
Your mentality is what can cause much higher death. Rooting for a medicine to not work... Thankfully you don't have absolute power.

It is working wonders for the majority of severely ill Covid patients when used in correlation with a zinc supplement. We discussed this pages ago.
I’m staying home and encouraging everyone to do the sann NIH e for as long as it takes so that this thing doesn’t cause thousands of needless deaths. I’m not the one suggesting it’s time to reopen and burn through the sick, elderly, and some healthy people.

I’m also highlighting we aren’t hearing about this miracle cure because it was never a miracle cure and again that’s to prevent death not encourage it.
The world economy can only suffer for so long before people HAVE to go back to work.

Hydroxychloroquine is hit or miss with some people. Hydroxychloroquine in correlation with a zinc supplement is a success for the vast majority of the very ill. It is a promising treatment.
False on both counts.

The global economy can sustain the population and its needs at present for a prolonged period assuming restrictions are in place. Corporations and stock markets might not prosper but with the right interventions this thing can be survived.

And with no clinical trials yet to validate your success “vast majority” is dumb hyperbole. In one study it was effective, by discounting those or killed or discharged. In another it was mildly Jess effective than taking nothing. In one study 11 people died. It’s not promising until more testing and assessment is done.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Also reopening will just respike it. The rates are higher, but they are not herd immunity higher. Too many variables.
And the quarantine has effectively made the CDC predict (finally) that it will likely become endemic, which I (a bum on a computer) predicted before they even suspected the virus could spread from human-to-human. Why am I two steps ahead of the CDC?
So now we get to suffer with the coronavirus recirculating and killing people indefinitely until a vaccine is created. Thanks, quarantine?
That was going to happen no matter the course, that we’d be ducked until a vaccine was developed.
If we quarantined the elderly and let it burn through the host reservoir rapidly, the virus would be extinct in months and no vaccine would even be necessary.
I don’t know if you noticed but the host reservoir is dying too. A lot. Your plan is callous and homicidal.
It's not my plan. It's simply the additional option.

I don't think you realize the purpose of flattening the curve. When we're quarantining ourselves, it's not to reduce the infection rate, it's to slow the spread so the hospitals are not overrun with Covid patients. That's the sole reason we're quarantining ourselves. The curve is flattening now, and there is no point in going forward with a quarantine if the hospitals are returning to normal. Slowing the spread brings forward a risk of many, many more people dying over a longer period of time for the indefinite future until a vaccine is created. Both options are extremely risky, and I can't seem to get that message through.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Lower than 4.1% but higher than the 0.1% the flu represents. It doesn’t work to respike and hope for that best.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Oh look. Hydroxychloroquine not working.
Your mentality is what can cause much higher death. Rooting for a medicine to not work... Thankfully you don't have absolute power.

It is working wonders for the majority of severely ill Covid patients when used in correlation with a zinc supplement. We discussed this pages ago.
I’m staying home and encouraging everyone to do the sann NIH e for as long as it takes so that this thing doesn’t cause thousands of needless deaths. I’m not the one suggesting it’s time to reopen and burn through the sick, elderly, and some healthy people.

I’m also highlighting we aren’t hearing about this miracle cure because it was never a miracle cure and again that’s to prevent death not encourage it.
The world economy can only suffer for so long before people HAVE to go back to work.

Hydroxychloroquine is hit or miss with some people. Hydroxychloroquine in correlation with a zinc supplement is a success for the vast majority of the very ill. It is a promising treatment.
False on both counts.

The global economy can sustain the population and its needs at present for a prolonged period assuming restrictions are in place. Corporations and stock markets might not prosper but with the right interventions this thing can be survived.

And with no clinical trials yet to validate your success “vast majority” is dumb hyperbole. In one study it was effective, by discounting those or killed or discharged. In another it was mildly Jess effective than taking nothing. In one study 11 people died. It’s not promising until more testing and assessment is done.
Corporations aren't going to be hurt at all from this. They'll simply make up for lost revenue by firing employees until the world goes back to normal. Every single day that the world is in lockdown, a small business is closer and closer to going bankrupt and being forced to shut down.

Are your sources taking into account the hydroxychloroquine... in correlation with zinc, or just the hydroxychloroquine...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm wondering if Kim Kong Un has been dead for days and North Korea is trying to figure out what to do about it.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:I'm wondering if Kim Kong Un has been dead for days and North Korea is trying to figure out what to do about it.
I was thinking about that earlier today when I heard the news. Who takes over?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:Lol. Hmmmmm......guess there is some truth to the whole Rushya thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bipartisan-s ... 50378.html
Seb...Zombie....your thoughts?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
It's not my plan. It's simply the additional option.

I don't think you realize the purpose of flattening the curve. When we're quarantining ourselves, it's not to reduce the infection rate, it's to slow the spread so the hospitals are not overrun with Covid patients. That's the sole reason we're quarantining ourselves. The curve is flattening now, and there is no point in going forward with a quarantine if the hospitals are returning to normal. Slowing the spread brings forward a risk of many, many more people dying over a longer period of time for the indefinite future until a vaccine is created. Both options are extremely risky, and I can't seem to get that message through.
Thanks. Guess this is what being a woman feels like because that was some grade A patronizing mansplaining.

I know what you’re saying, I’m firmly of the view that a large scale reopening will definitely respike cases and “raise” the curve so that new cases overwhelm the hospital system and therefore is to be avoided in the short term and phased in over the long term.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Lol. Hmmmmm......guess there is some truth to the whole Rushya thing.

Good to see Republicans finally defend your intelligence community. The findings affirm what we have known all along that Russia interfered to the benefit if DJT and his campaign. Depressing to realize Russia is so dedicated to trolls and misinformation but it’s the new modern warfare front. Would make a shit video game though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You have to imagine there’s some collective eye rolling outside the US about this sudden moral stance against election interference though.

“So when it happens to you, it’s wrong.”
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Good to see Republicans finally defend your intelligence community. The findings affirm what we have known all along that Russia interfered to the benefit if DJT and his campaign. Depressing to realize Russia is so dedicated to trolls and misinformation but it’s the new modern warfare front. Would make a shit video game though.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:You have to imagine there’s some collective eye rolling outside the US about this sudden moral stance against election interference though.

There is a degree of irony in all this. But still good to see things appear normal in at least one instance
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Yahoo clickbait that anyone with common sense knew in 2016. Something happened in an election that has happened in every election since the Cold War started lol. Guess what every U.S. administration since the Cold War has done concerning foreign elections. If you guessed try and get the guy we want to win to win you would be right. The only difference is the Democrats in 2016 couldn't except the results of an election so they invented the collusion part to try and change those results.Move on
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jmac Attack wrote:

i hope that we look harder at foreign influence on elections moving forward, left or right. but i don't think he should be removed or anything. he got majority of the american vote, regardless of whether it was partially due to tampering or otherwise.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:You have to imagine there’s some collective eye rolling outside the US about this sudden moral stance against election interference though.

everyone is most concerned with what happens, regarding leadership, within their own borders. that's not a u.s. thing, at all.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:

everyone is most concerned with what happens, regarding leadership, within their own borders. that's not a u.s. thing, at all.
Huh? Election interference is definitely a U.S. thing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

We are definitely at the top of the heap when it comes to manipulating foreign elections it's one of the few things both parties relish in
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

We are definitely at the top of the heap when it comes to manipulating foreign elections it's one of the few things both parties relish in
And we’re probably the only country that has the means to do it by any means necessary with no threat of direct accountability. We’ve empowered some beauts over the years.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

And we’re probably the only country that has the means to do it by any means necessary with no threat of direct accountability. We’ve empowered some beauts over the years.
Yeah definitely but I wouldn't underestimate China and Russia when it comes to world manipulation probably equally as bad
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

Yeah definitely but I wouldn't underestimate China and Russia when it comes to world manipulation probably equally as bad
China’s definitely catching up and Russia’s been at it almost as long as us. There’s an advantage to being the world police/leader of the free world/champions of democracy etc. though, it gives us more cover while we move the pieces on the board. All bad.