Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I can find literally nothing to support anything like it. It looks to me like the desperate ploy of someone trying to sweep under the carpet the fact that they let 100,000+ people die and want to avoid losing an election without ever doing something to improve the outcome for the citizens they lead. But maybe if anything credible comes out (it won’t) I’ll change my mind.
You need to not let bias form your opinions. If you think Trump is responsible for one single death regarding this virus, then there is no discussing anything with you, unfortunately.
I do. I absolutely do think Trump and this corrupt clown posse of sycophants around him and GOP toadies are why your death toll is 100k and not 1k.
Let us not use hyperbole in the other direction. 1k is mythical fantasy and you know it. The fallout from this is astronomical, most haven't even paid the piper yet.
I was being nice trying to give him 1% credit. You’re right, this will go very badly given no effort is being made to curtail the effects.
The virus is the virus. You put the world on lockdown because the air offends you, more than a thousand people are gonna fucking die.
You don’t put the world on lockdown and instead of thousand you get million. No brainer to me.
Quarantine the elderly and high risk, keep the country wide ass open, let the young ones get it as it spreads rapidly, developing herd immunity and wipe the virus out completely.

Hiding in a hole and slowing the spread ensures the virus will be endemic... A virus that we have no vaccine for... And the longer it stays alive, the higher the possibility of it mutating into a virus that could kill 50% of the earth's population. Congratulations, Seb just wiped out humanity with his liberal nonsense. We now get to contract this virus and die from it every single year as opposed to letting it run its course and kill itself in a few short months.

See how such a drastic take on how someone handles a deadly situation can backfire on you?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Continuing to slow the spread ensures a much higher death rate in the long term. Incalculable, truly, as we are a long, long way away from a vaccine.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I can find literally nothing to support anything like it. It looks to me like the desperate ploy of someone trying to sweep under the carpet the fact that they let 100,000+ people die and want to avoid losing an election without ever doing something to improve the outcome for the citizens they lead. But maybe if anything credible comes out (it won’t) I’ll change my mind.
You need to not let bias form your opinions. If you think Trump is responsible for one single death regarding this virus, then there is no discussing anything with you, unfortunately.
I do. I absolutely do think Trump and this corrupt clown posse of sycophants around him and GOP toadies are why your death toll is 100k and not 1k.
Let us not use hyperbole in the other direction. 1k is mythical fantasy and you know it. The fallout from this is astronomical, most haven't even paid the piper yet.
I was being nice trying to give him 1% credit. You’re right, this will go very badly given no effort is being made to curtail the effects.
The virus is the virus. You put the world on lockdown because the air offends you, more than a thousand people are gonna fucking die.
You don’t put the world on lockdown and instead of thousand you get million. No brainer to me.
More than a thousand are going to die.

And this is for Seb but anybody with the laid back mentality to just stay on lockdown and have everyone work from home forever. Sounds great! What happened to all the heartless corporations who don't give a fuck about employees, the traditional ones who come into work and they know? They're gonna be so great to people working from home and they know nothing of, not one iota. Working from home sounds great, but in my experience only the elite can truly do it. Too many people can't even tie their shoes, and they were making 6 figures. A lot of the avocation going around is going to kill a shit ton of people.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

If you work from home, your job is generally not that difficult.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:If you work from home, your job is generally not that difficult.
Lol. Mega fucking lol.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
More than a thousand are going to die.

And this is for Seb but anybody with the laid back mentality to just stay on lockdown and have everyone work from home forever. Sounds great! What happened to all the heartless corporations who don't give a fuck about employees, the traditional ones who come into work and they know? They're gonna be so great to people working from home and they know nothing of, not one iota. Working from home sounds great, but in my experience only the elite can truly do it. Too many people can't even tie their shoes, and they were making 6 figures. A lot of the avocation going around is going to kill a shit ton of people.
The solution can’t be to have everyone go in to work and then massively overwhelm hospitals as all cases now become likely to be more lethal. The stay at home is t great but it’s better than mass deaths. And the idea corporations have to do right by their staff is problematic but the solution is government intervention, not abdication.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

.....tell that to a farmer. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Honestly I just want to see him design a method for paying out billions securely from his home since it’s so easy.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Honestly I just want to see him design a method for paying out billions securely from his home since it’s so easy.
I work a very physical draining job. I've also worked in a cubicle processing unemployment claims. They are different, but nonetheless, it was still hard work. I know some people who would never work a desk type job.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I was just clowning with that comment. :p
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:I was just clowning with that comment. :p
I thought so. There are people that actually think that. I will say this, I dont know how much longer I can do physical work. You find a job yet? Its gotta be almost impossible these days! Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
I thought so. There are people that actually think that. I will say this, I dont know how much longer I can do physical work. You find a job yet? Its gotta be almost impossible these days! Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon.
I'm living off savings and milking it a little because I ended up getting unemployment from the scum. I wanna take every penny I can from that scummy company.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
I'm living off savings and milking it a little because I ended up getting unemployment from the scum. I wanna take every penny I can from that scummy company.
I dont blame ya one bit! Take your time to find the right job.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
I’ve seen exactly that on twitter as a non trolling thing. Hence my take.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Trump publicly released the entire letter regarding the suspended funding of the WHO on social media.

Pretty legendary shit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"China is on a massive disinformation campaign because they are desperate to have Sleepy Joe Biden win the presidential race so they can continue to rip-off the United States, as they have done for decades, until I came along."
- Donald Trump

I would not be the least bit surprised if China deliberately released this virus just to sabotage the world economy and damage the likelihood of Trump being elected. In fact, I'd be more surprised if they didn't do it deliberately.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Christ.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:Christ.
Saves.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

No U
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

For a start odds are they’d prefer Trump over Biden so it’s a nonstarter.