It (2017)

News and thoughts on new movies.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: It (2017)

Post by Reign in Blood »

***************POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR IT**********************

Richie was fucking Gold for most the movie. Best line was "How'd I draw the short straw for this shit?" "You guys are lucky we didn't compare dicks!" Or whatever it was. He had another that equally brought the house down.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Reign in Blood wrote:***************POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR IT**********************

Richie was fucking Gold for most the movie. Best line was "How'd I draw the short straw for this shit?" "Luckily we didn't compare dicks!" Or whatever it was. He had another that equally brought the house down.
Absolutely loved him throughout. Loved his humor, and thought it worked well almost 100% of the time.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:***************POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR IT**********************

Richie was fucking Gold for most the movie. Best line was "How'd I draw the short straw for this shit?" "Luckily we didn't compare dicks!" Or whatever it was. He had another that equally brought the house down.
Absolutely loved him throughout. Loved his humor, and thought it worked well almost 100% of the time.

God damnit Jig. I know he was. But he had another great fuckin' punchline. Other than it's your fault Bill, you punched me, made me walk through shitty water, dragged me through a crackhouse... and now I'm gonna have to kill this fucking clown.!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I gotta see it again. Still need one more viewing to cement my thoughts.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Ritchie and Eddie's rapport was amazing. Great synergy.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Ritchie and Eddie's rapport was amazing. Great synergy.
Agreed. In general best talk of kid dialogue I've seen.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:So I'm back. Let me first talk of the experience. I checked the movie times on Wednesday and then asked the folks I was going with to confirm todays, and one of the airhead chicks said yeah, I checked on my phone and it's all the same and good. We show up and get in the theater, it's blackened and the opening names and shit are already going. I stop my group in their tracks saying what the fuck is this shit, why is the movie already going? Airhead and others going "it's probably just the previews"... No dickfaces, that's Bill building the boat with Georgie and shit, assholes! The fucking time changed. Airhead made sure to sit away from me because the Stink-Eye was deafening. Gan and the Turtle must have been looking out, because we were there right before the Georgie scene, so I didn't have to kill them all.

Now thoughts on movie. I liked it a lot. It did not live up to my expectations, and I know the hype had to do with that, but still liked it a lot. First off, the kids were fantastic. And I think the more kid-centric shiz, whether it's the more "Stand By Me" stuff, to especially the dialogue was great. The Pennnywise scenes, nothing got me there. It could be my own mindset that nothing is gonna live up to Curry, a legendary actor, and outside of the drooling when wanting to feed (nice touch!), I didn't get whole a lot out of this Pennywise, but I can dig it. In general, I can dig it and that it had way more to do with the book and the King-verse in general.
I'm with you on Pennywise, for sure. It seems the generic crowd thinks the new guy is better than Curry, though. At least from some of the few comments I've read throughout the web.
"Tim Currys Pennywise sounds like a middle aged chain smoker from NYC. I don't think any child would talk to him for more than 3 seconds. At least the remake tries to be funny and portray a personality that a kid can latch onto. Remake wins hands down."
"Skarsgard overfilled Curry's shoes".
"Curry had worst portrayal of a scary clown ever".
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm working a night pour on Monday and Tuesday night. Start work at like 7PM or some shit. Gonna see IT again on Sunday night since I have to stay up later than all fuck, anyway. :p
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

What the....huh? I can see arguments about Bill being scarier/creepier, but don't think any child would be lured by Curry? Hogwash. That fucker was a magnet.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:What the....huh? I can see arguments about Bill being scarier/creepier, but don't think any child would be lured by Curry? Hogwash. That fucker was a magnet.
That was the worst comment I read. :p
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

*SPOILERS CONTINUES*

"Go blow your dad you mullet wearing asshole!"

"Do you need to be a virgin to see this shit?"

and one about Eddie's mom's vagina at halloween

Were other gems to me that kept bringing the house down.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:

*SPOILERS CONTINUES*

"Go blow your dad you mullet wearing asshole!"

"Do you need to be a virgin to see this shit?"

and one about Eddie's mom's vagina at halloween

Were other gems to me that kept bringing the house down.

#1 My man! Luckily the asian dude next to me totally got good humor.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I think you can make the case that Bill is better than Tim. I don't think anyone could sayTim Curry was the worst one ever.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:I think you can make the case that Bill is better than Tim. I don't think anyone could sayTim Curry was the worst one ever.
What is this, I don't even...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:I think you can make the case that Bill is better than Tim.
I don't see it at all. Curry will forever have the GOAT clown performance. He owned that shit. His voice acting was unreal and the thrill and ecstasy of the hell he was about to unleash on those little fuckers just poured out of him in every scene. He didn't have the benefit of CGI or voice altering effects. I thought Skarsgard did pretty good, but no. You can't fill Curry's clown shoes. Way too big.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Holy shit. This video is an absolute must see.

Tim Curry telling a story about filming the Georgie scene in the original. Amazing. Then proceeds to bash the ending of the original. lol.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

God damnit, that was mostly sad, Jason. Good to see he's made some progress from his stroke.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Wish I could meet him one day. It bugs me that I never got to meet Bill Paxton. And Pennywise is my #2 favorite role from Curry.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'm sure if they had the budget they'd have done work on Curry's voice too (beyond normal sound editing), it's just what studios do. Hell, they did it to Curry on Legend, and I still don't think it was necessary :P That's the one thing I like about the lack of budget for the miniseries, Curry's voice was mostly untouched.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Wish I could meet him one day. It bugs me that I never got to meet Bill Paxton. And Pennywise is my #2 favorite role from Curry.
What's your first? I know Clue is your favorite movie, but is the role #1 too?