Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:we’ve repeatedly told you to stop doing. You’re the one who isn’t looking in the mirror.
Who's we? That's you, dolt. You have absolutely nasty, disgusting opinions of me, and now that you've dragged into what others have said about me on this board, I am forced to address that. You have a problem with me accusing you, and maybe anyone else, of being disingenuous. Stop and think and ask yourself why I might ask that. My opinions are dismissed as racist nazi homophobe rape loving blah-blah-blah, and you're upset that my retort is I think you're being disingenuous on some issues? That I don't think you truly believe some of these things you're saying? That's not "dismissing your ability to speak" or whatever the fuck you're talking about. I never once did that in the history of this site.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:It’s actually worse that you would casually dismiss someone’s ability to speak and think for themselves
News flash: When I accuse you of being disingenuous, I am not dismissing your ability to speak. I expect a response. If you're not being disingenuous, tell me why you're not being fucking disingenuous. Not that hard. At all.
News flash: When you tell people they’re not being honest, you’re not accepting the back and forth dynamic that is a conversation, you’re just being a dick. Learn fucking social skills.
Pretending to be a hero for people is poor social skills. This is why you have no black friends.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Notice how every time Zombie directly addresses you being shitty to him, you ignore his posts and shift your focus to going after me. It’s more comfortable for you to make this about me trying to manipulate everyone. You can’t face yourself when it’s clear someone else has this issue, without my influence.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I don’t understand how heated discussions are relevant to the specific behavior outlined. Not the same thing.
That you can't handle that I call you disingenuous after all the disgusting shit you've said to me? I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.
How many times now have I had to point out that I don’t care what’s directed toward me, and that it’s about everyone else? Let this be the last time.
Yeah, you think you're a god damn superhero. We get it.
No, you don’t get it. Because you won’t step centering the issue around me. Don’t say you get it when I’ve made myself clear 15-20 times and you still don’t get it.
You're the one that brought it up, and I've acknowledged it in a way that makes you and everyone else uncomfortable.
No. I didn’t bring it up. Zombie told you to knock it off for like the fifth time and you ignored and deflected his concern to talk about how I’m trying to rally the board against you. Which is complete bullshit.
Zomb. Get in here, please. I'd like to have a word with you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Notice how every time Zombie directly addresses you being shitty to him, you ignore his posts and shift your focus to going after me. It’s more comfortable for you to make this about me trying to manipulate everyone. You can’t face yourself when it’s clear someone else has this issue, without my influence.
I'm directly addressing zombie now before I leave the site. Shut up about me for two seconds.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:we’ve repeatedly told you to stop doing. You’re the one who isn’t looking in the mirror.
Who's we? That's you, dolt. You have absolutely nasty, disgusting opinions of me, and now that you've dragged into what others have said about me on this board, I am forced to address that. You have a problem with me accusing you, and maybe anyone else, of being disingenuous. Stop and think and ask yourself why I might ask that. My opinions are dismissed as racist nazi homophobe rape loving blah-blah-blah, and you're upset that my retort is I think you're being disingenuous on some issues? That I don't think you truly believe some of these things you're saying? That's not "dismissing your ability to speak" or whatever the fuck you're talking about. I never once did that in the history of this site.
How do things I’ve said about you have anything to do with the way you disrespect everyone who isn’t me? There’s no correlation here at all.

Again, for the 20th time, I don’t care what you think of my opinions. Call every post I make a lie. I don’t care. This is about you doing it to everyone else.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I don’t understand how heated discussions are relevant to the specific behavior outlined. Not the same thing.
That you can't handle that I call you disingenuous after all the disgusting shit you've said to me? I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.
How many times now have I had to point out that I don’t care what’s directed toward me, and that it’s about everyone else? Let this be the last time.
No, you don’t get it. Because you won’t step centering the issue around me. Don’t say you get it when I’ve made myself clear 15-20 times and you still don’t get it.
You're the one that brought it up, and I've acknowledged it in a way that makes you and everyone else uncomfortable.
No. I didn’t bring it up. Zombie told you to knock it off for like the fifth time and you ignored and deflected his concern to talk about how I’m trying to rally the board against you. Which is complete bullshit.
yeah? let's have a word?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Notice how every time Zombie directly addresses you being shitty to him, you ignore his posts and shift your focus to going after me. It’s more comfortable for you to make this about me trying to manipulate everyone. You can’t face yourself when it’s clear someone else has this issue, without my influence.
I'm directly addressing zombie now before I leave the site. Shut up about me for two seconds.
Good, he’s been due responses from you for the past three or four pages while you’ve made all of this about me. Work on extending that courtesy into the future in how you interact with people you disagree with in these threads.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
How do things I’ve said about you have anything to do with the way you disrespect everyone who isn’t me? There’s no correlation here at all.

Again, for the 20th time, I don’t care what you think of my opinions. Call every post I make a lie. I don’t care. This is about you doing it to everyone else.
Not just you. I've been on the receiving end on horrible insults and dismissed opinions from many on this site. Not just you. You're the one who's trying to make a big thing of it.

This is about you being a superhero.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
yeah? let's have a word?
Why am I so awful
What have I done to you that is so awful
And what can I do to be less awful in the future?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Good, he’s been due responses from you for the past three or four pages while you’ve made all of this about me. Work on extending that courtesy into the future in how you interact with people you disagree with in these threads.
Reread the big ol' giant post I made at the top of the previous page.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
don't set this up as "convince me not to leave"... i have no way to do that. and it's manipulative. but i'd love to have a discussion and get our gripes out, with each other.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
don't set this up as "convince me not to leave"... i have no way to do that. and it's manipulative. but i'd love to have a discussion and get our gripes out, with each other.
Perfect.

1) You can't convince me not to leave, you misread that. I am leaving regardless. Don't even address #1.

2) I have absolutely zero gripe with you in any way shape or form. What is your gripe with me?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Not just you. I've been on the receiving end on horrible insults and dismissed opinions from many on this site. Not just you. You're the one who's trying to make a big thing of it.

This is about you being a superhero.
I’m pretty sure I’m not the one doing that, given I’ve repeatedly asked you to not turn this into a me vs. you issue which seems to be your only comfort zone in acknowledging this stuff.

No, it’s about you being shitty to everyone who isn’t me. I expect you’re more well-liked by the board as a whole and I’m good with that. It isn’t a competition, I like everyone here and enjoy our conversations. I don’t need to be a petty asshole and manufacture scenarios to get other people to dislike you as if that helps me in any way. I also don’t need to pretend I’m leaving the boards over and over to get them to tell me how awesome I am.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I'm guessing my opinion doesn't matter much, but I'll throw one in anyway.

I think Jason's politics are pretty terrible across the board. I think the same of Foo's, Tigg's, and a couple of others. We have areas where we may agree, but in general, conservatives or Republicans, or those who vote conservative or Republican, politically repel me.

When I joined in 2009, I barely knew anything about politics (hell, I supported McCain in 2008 simply because my father liked him). I didn't join for politics, so if Foo, or Jason, or zombie, or Reign, or Ava disagree with me on politics, I don't really care. I came here for horror. I may have argued long and hard about politics, but I came for horror, and when I've come back after long absences, I came back for horror, and multiple times tried to stay away from politics because I knew it rarely leads anywhere positive.

I don't want Jason to leave. I don't think many here do. That's his choice, and I'll still try to keep in touch if he does, but I'd prefer it not come to that.

That's all I have.
Last edited by Jigsaw on Fri May 22, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Why am I so awful
i don't think you're awful. i have fun, sometimes, with you around the board.

you dismiss my opinion, or point of view, as not self-formed. and yes, i do feel like that is worse than name-calling. because i can't tell you otherwise. i can't show that i'm not. because anything i say will just be further proof that i'm a sheep. it doesn't really leave me a lot of places to go from.

be more aware of how you go into a discussion?

can i ask something, that i tried to before? and don't get offended or feel cornered or something? let's have a real discussion without looking for daggers that aren't there?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:I'm guessing my opinion doesn't matter much, but I'll throw one in anyway.

I think Jason's politics are pretty terrible across the board. I think the same of Foo's, Tigg's, and a couple of others. We have areas where we may agree, but in general, conservatives or Republicans, or those who vote conservative or Republican, politically repel me.

When I joined in 2009, I barely knew anything about politics (hell, I supported McCain in 2008 simply because my father liked him). I didn't join for politics, so if Foo, or Jason, or zombie, or Reign, or Ava disagree with me on politics, I don't really care. I came here for horror. I may have argued long and hard about politics, but I came for horror, and when I've come back after long absences, I came back for horror, and multiple times tried to stay away from politics because I knew it rarely leads anywhere positive.

That's all I have.
Good mindset.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Perfect.

1) You can't convince me not to leave, you misread that. I am leaving regardless. Don't even address #1.

2) I have absolutely zero gripe with you in any way shape or form. What is your gripe with me?
if you don't have gripe with me, then who? talk to them before you leave? if it's only with head, then why leave?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Nobody should have to defend the independence of their thoughts, at any point. If you respect a person enough, you take their words at face value and go from there. Every convo inevitably turns into “I’m so objective and none of you are.” It’s tired and lame.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Why am I so awful
i don't think you're awful. i have fun, sometimes, with you around the board.

you dismiss my opinion, or point of view, as not self-formed. and yes, i do feel like that is worse than name-calling. because i can't tell you otherwise. i can't show that i'm not. because anything i say will just be further proof that i'm a sheep. it doesn't really leave me a lot of places to go from.

be more aware of how you go into a discussion?

can i ask something, that i tried to before? and don't get offended or feel cornered or something? let's have a real discussion without looking for daggers that aren't there?
I always have fun with you.

Can you give me an example of me saying that to you? Or am I saying something to someone else whose belief you share and took it to heart?

I do not offended or feel cornered. Remember, I have been on the receiving in of the awful shit. Also, it's important to note, the awful shit I've been on the receiving of is also dismissive of an opinion. It is both name-calling, and dismissive of my beliefs.