Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

I’m not linking this piece of shit with all cops, just the ones in his department. But how many “good cops” knew the kind of person he was for years and did nothing about it? I’m betting more than a few.

Good cops can separate themselves by snitching on their brothers who abuse their powers. They don’t, for obvious reasons we can all understand. But that reflects on them too.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:This also happens to white people as frequently or more frequently. It just doesn't make national news because there is no race narrative. Even when it's a black cop fucking some white dude up, the narrative has to he that only white people are bad.
is anyone using this to justify racism toward caucasians? show me?
Painting the narrative with the main title being "White cop murders black person" is where they are justifying it. Their headlines are justifying horrible behavior without them directly saying so. The more race war, the more money for the media. Keep the cash flowing.
or they're trying to curb horrible behavior? you could read it either way.. "trying to shame cops into being better" or "inciting violence against cops".... i guess it depends on where your point of view brings you. but it is your point of view. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:What is forcing the implementation of better policing in that case?
You lock cops up for long ass times preferably with federal charges and I think that will change how cops act and again this is a small percentage of cops the vast majority are good
Has that not happened before? If so, why do we expect dramatic change now?

It doesn’t matter how many are good. When bad cops are protected, the entire institution is bad.
It's not entirely bad that's as bad as any other stereotype. Make federal laws that aggressively punish cops who abuse power. Dont link this scumbag with all police it's not fair. The Michael Brown case is a perfect example that cop did what he had to do and in the media provoked view he was the bad guy for only doing his job
Again, if the entire institution is covering for bad cops, the entire institution is bad. Want to save the reputation of police departments? Good cops need to rat on their dirty brothers. Very few are willing to do that and every citizen is worse for it.
Long sentencing broke the mob it will do the same with bad cops
The demand has to be there at all levels if they’re going to come after cops and I don’t see much demand, especially with this federal administration. Trump told cops at a rally that it’s fine to treat suspects roughly as they’re putting them into cars. Don’t be afraid to hit their heads on the way in.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tone is bad from the top it inevitably justifies the murders. Just a fact.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:Tone is bad from the top it inevitably justifies the murders. Just a fact.
elaborate?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

let me ask: how does stealing tires and such affect the desired change within the minneapolis police department? in what way does it further that cause? and how do you see it being far enough when it comes to misdirected or sloppy protest and riot?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:let me ask: how does stealing tires and such affect the desired change within the minneapolis police department? in what way does it further that cause? and how do you see it being far enough when it comes to misdirected or sloppy protest and riot?
Riots in effect hold a city hostage, make police desperate to control a situation. The threat of it happening again can motivate reform.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Tone is bad from the top it inevitably justifies the murders. Just a fact.
elaborate?
I don’t know what he’s referring to. But in the example I cited, when Trump gets cops excited about roughing up suspects and tells them, as the most powerful person in the world, that this is okay, those cops take that to work with them. And when you make it clear you’re going to have a “law and order” administration, that’s a wink directed at police to let them know they have more freedom to handle things that way.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:let me ask: how does stealing tires and such affect the desired change within the minneapolis police department? in what way does it further that cause? and how do you see it being far enough when it comes to misdirected or sloppy protest and riot?
Riots in effect hold a city hostage, make police desperate to control a situation. The threat of it happening again can motivate reform.
that's a possibility. i hope they get what they want, without taking it to worse "ends".
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
elaborate?
I don’t know what he’s referring to. But in the example I cited, when Trump gets cops excited about roughing up suspects and tells them, as the most powerful person in the world, that this is okay, those cops take that to work with them. And when you make it clear you’re going to have a “law and order” administration, that’s a wink directed at police to let them know they have more freedom to handle things that way.
i don't disagree on any particular point.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
that's a possibility. i hope they get what they want, without taking it to worse "ends".
Who knows. I said riots are the only way things seem to get done, not that they always do get things done. I just understand the fucked up logic in them. It is total desperation. The sad thing is that people’s voices are so marginalized, they have to burn shit and steal shit to get people to listen.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
elaborate?
If police chiefs and mayors and senators and even Presidents don’t come out and ensure that this is taken seriously and recognize the very real grievances of not just the victim and his family but the wider social group all feeling the injustice then the civil unrest is not just understandable, it’s warranted. Until tone from the top changes, then police will feel the right to use excessive force and escape consequences time and again.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Because in large part the actual point of why it matters isn’t the tyres.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

So apparently not only does Target fund the Minneapolis PD, they refused to sell milk to protesters while the cops were tear gassing them.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
Because in large part the actual point of why it matters isn’t the tyres.
the point of the riots has nothing to do with tires etc, unless the store owners were siding with the police or opposing the rioters, in some way. the actual point should be affecting change within the police department and the part of the culture that justifies it, defends it, or even just looks the other way. and anything done should be done to further than end, directly.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
elaborate?
If police chiefs and mayors and senators and even Presidents don’t come out and ensure that this is taken seriously and recognize the very real grievances of not just the victim and his family but the wider social group all feeling the injustice then the civil unrest is not just understandable, it’s warranted. Until tone from the top changes, then police will feel the right to use excessive force and escape consequences time and again.
there should absolutely be outcry and action taken against the abuse of police power and corruption that covered for it by governors, police chiefs, senators, and presidents. but what happened in minnesota may go the other way. may be used to justify more force. i don't think anyone is going to get what they want, aside from criminal cops on power trips, but i hope that i'm wrong.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That’s the risky game you play when you riot. On one hand, it can be your only means of affecting change. On the other hand, it can lead to even more authoritarian police rule.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:That’s the risky game you play when you riot. On one hand, it can be your only means of affecting change. On the other hand, it can lead to even more authoritarian police rule.
uh huh. i hope that none of us has to face it first hand, whether in the form of riots or in police action. i feel for the business owners and civilians who were caught up in it, through no fault of their own.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:That’s the risky game you play when you riot. On one hand, it can be your only means of affecting change. On the other hand, it can lead to even more authoritarian police rule.
uh huh. i hope that none of us has to face it first hand, whether in the form of riots or in police action. i feel for the business owners and civilians who were caught up in it, through no fault of their own.
That Target probably should have sold milk to the protesters when they were getting tear gassed.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
That Target probably should have sold milk to the protesters when they were getting tear gassed.
yeah, they probably should have. doesn't change anything i said.