Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Who said it was?
just making my position clear, so you don't misinterpret or misrepresent me.
Really not necessary but okay...
it isn't necessary, but it's warranted given where the discussion has gone today.
I think it’s been great. Very productive.
productive in what way?
Everyone has gotten their points across and had the chance to expand on them when pressed. That sounds productive to me.
that's how a conversation should always go. but yeah, it's productive in that way. no one was shut down.
In what way would you say it hasn’t been? I don’t think there’s anything left on the table here.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
it isn't necessary, but it's warranted given where the discussion has gone today.
productive in what way?
Everyone has gotten their points across and had the chance to expand on them when pressed. That sounds productive to me.
that's how a conversation should always go. but yeah, it's productive in that way. no one was shut down.
In what way would you say it hasn’t been? I don’t think there’s anything left on the table here.
i just took productive to mean that a viewpoint was changed or that a position was considered in a different way or a new light. whatever. just a misunderstanding and semantics.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Dividing poor whites and poor minorities is probably the greatest trick ever played by this country.
This is true. It's not only blacks. It's the poor. White people are finally seeing what drugs and crime does to communities. It used to be "just the blacks". Hopefully we can all figure this out together. We have to. It can only get worse.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
productive in what way?
i just took productive to mean that a viewpoint was changed or that a position was considered in a different way or a new light. whatever. just a misunderstanding and semantics.
I don’t see changing viewpoints as the point of a discussion like this. If it happens, great. To make that the goal seems self-serving.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Dividing poor whites and poor minorities is probably the greatest trick ever played by this country.
This is true. It's not only blacks. It's the poor. White people are finally seeing what drugs and crime does to communities. It used to be "just the blacks". Hopefully we can all figure this out together. We have to. It can only get worse.
Yup. Out with the factories, out with the coal mines. In with the black tar.

A united working class with no racial divide poses a major threat. Southern landowners recognized this and created legal hierarchy along racial lines. That legacy has very much carried on ever since.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
productive in what way?
No one changes their mind overnight. However, the great thing about conversations that differ, the opposition can think about it for a while and maybe change their mind. I think that is what frustrates people especially when talking about religion or politics. What you say to me today, might not change my mind. But gimme some time to think about it, then I will probably at least see your point of view. As humans, we are fucking stubborn lol.
Last edited by Jmac Attack on Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
productive in what way?
I don’t see changing viewpoints as the point of a discussion like this. If it happens, great. To make that the goal seems self-serving.
well, yeah. to try to force that is self-serving and also not productive.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Yup. Out with the factories, out with the coal mines. In with the black tar.

A united working class with no racial divide poses a major threat. Southern landowners recognized this and created legal hierarchy along racial lines. That legacy has very much carried on ever since.
Exactly. I couldnt agree more. The rich in this country own the poor.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jmac Attack wrote:
No one changes their mind overnight. However, the great thing about conversations that differ, the opposition can think about it for a while and maybe change their mind. I think that is what frustrates people especially when talking about religion or politics. What you say to me today, might not change my mind. But gimme some time to think about it, then I will probably at least see your point of view. As humans, we are fucking stubborn lol.
frustration to me, comes from being misrepresented (or seemingly) and shut down or ignored, not from having a conversation that i can mull over and consider if i have the position that makes best sense to me. but i can get that being frustrating to others.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I’m getting the vibe that there’s more anticipation of bad faith arguments than actual bad faith arguments. We need to lighten up.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
frustration to me, comes from being misrepresented (or seemingly) and shut down or ignored, not from having a conversation that i can mull over and consider if i have the position that makes best sense to me. but i can get that being frustrating to others.
I totally get that mang. You are correct. It's kind of like one of my good buddies at work, who says I'm a Hillary supporter because I despise Trump. Im like, I voted for Gary fucking Johnson! Lol. As bad as he is, I still liked him better than the choices I had to vote for. Jason is right....I would vote Republican. If Mitt Romney ran, I would have voted for him although we have different ideas politically. But Trump....goddamn....hell no. But I've given him credit when he has done things I've liked. I just try to be fair. These politicians should be held accountable for the bad shit they do, and the good shit they do. 99% of people I know, they side with who they think is on their "side". And that's it. America is becoming sheep. I hate that phrase, but we are divided more than anytime in my lifetime and that is the only conclusion I can make out of it. I love my country though. Just misinformation is rampant. Yeah, the mainstream media has a hand in it, but more so the YouTube grainy videos of people doing their own research. Flat earthers man.......lol
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:I’m getting the vibe that there’s more anticipation of bad faith arguments than actual bad faith arguments. We need to lighten up.
Yeah man. Just listen. Or read lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

So it looks like the guy who smashed up the AutoZone windows was a provocateur of (probably) some fringe group. Dressed in all black with a gas mask and an umbrella.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

“When the looting starts, the shooting starts.” is probably not something Trump should have tweeted tonight but you can always count on him to make literally any situation exponentially worse.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I'm deleting every dumb motherfucker off my Facebook that says George Soros is paying all of these protesters in multiple cities and participants in the riots. I dont remember this many tinfoil hat nutjobs growing up. Jesus fucking Christ make it stop.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I respect the rioters and looters far more than I could ever respect the cops. Period. I don't blame rioters one bit, and those who do must be okay with communities being killed and having zero recourse.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Gotta love fascism, amiright?

And yes - I do 100% consider arresting journalists for no given reason fascism. Fuck cops. All of them.

For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:I respect the rioters and looters far more than I could ever respect the cops. Period. I don't blame rioters one bit, and those who do must be okay with communities being killed and having zero recourse.
no, there is no "must be okay with communities being killed with zero recourse". people are capable of all sorts of different points of view. don't try to make it black and white.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Imagine if they’d just charged the murderer cop from the beginning.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Imagine if they’d just charged the murderer cop from the beginning.
and his accomplices on the scene.