Asia Argento: Rapist

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Asia Argento: Rapist

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: It's not instant karma, but I'll take it!

I am sure a drug overdose on on the not so distant horizon.
instant karma for being a creep on jimmy bennett and then keeping him quiet about it would have been better. agreed.
Out of curiosity, what is your position on how child molesters should be punished? Death penalty? Life in prison?
they should be punished the same as rapists.
What you give a child molester the death penalty or life in prison? I would.
if it was up to me, it would probably be one of the two, if i knew absolutely that they were guilty.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

instant karma for being a creep on jimmy bennett and then keeping him quiet about it would have been better. agreed.
Out of curiosity, what is your position on how child molesters should be punished? Death penalty? Life in prison?
if it was up to me, it would probably be one of the two, if i knew absolutely that they were guilty.
Well, looks like we found common ground. Asia had apparently been grooming this child since age 7.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Well, looks like we found common ground. Asia had apparently been grooming this child since age 7.
i think we have a lot more common ground, than you want to let on.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Have already seen multiple attempts to justify Argento's rape of a child because she is allegedly a victim herself. Does that defense work for Weinstein too?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Have already seen multiple attempts to justify Argento's rape of a child because she is allegedly a victim herself. Does that defense work for Weinstein too?
Justification or just deflection?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Have already seen multiple attempts to justify Argento's rape of a child because she is allegedly a victim herself. Does that defense work for Weinstein too?
hope that's not what you took it to be, when i mentioned that she wasn't any less a victim.

who forced themselves onto weinstein? who molested weinstein?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
hope that's not what you took it to be, when i mentioned that she wasn't any less a victim.

'
Maybe he is not the type to air allegations publicly. Some people have class.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

'
class would be not using your influence within the industry to sleep with girls, consensual or otherwise.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

'
class would be not using your influence within the industry to sleep with girls, consensual or otherwise.
Why not? In the past you have stated support for prostitution. Many performers are prostitutes and many producers are johns.

If you support hollywood, this is part of what you support.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

'
Why not? In the past you have stated support for prostitution. Many performers are prostitutes and many producers are johns.

i support people making a living off of their bodies. i don't support people using their influence to force someone else into as position of "sleep with me or i'm going to do my best to sink you".

i can support hollywood and still call out shit behavior and predation.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:Also, Asia Argento disproves the myth that semen keeps the skin looking nice.
Hahahaha, fucking hell.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Justification or just deflection?
How about just gross?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

'

i support people making a living off of their bodies. i don't support people using their influence to force someone else into as position of "sleep with me or i'm going to do my best to sink you".

i can support hollywood and still call out shit behavior and predation.
The thing you are missing is there is no difference. Acting has never been solely about talent. It is a combination of being marketable and being fun to be around.

To us, we are interested in the 2 hour end result. To them, it is a six month job with long hours and about the process. Jennifer Lawrence became the "It" girl because she was a fuckable party girl. Ben Affleck was the party guy. Be fun and attractive and flirt with the people giving you the part and you are likely to get it. This goes for any walk of life, from teaching, to nursing, to being an office worker.

Let me give you a scenario. Young actress acts interested in slovenly producer hoping to enhance her career. The more she flirts, the more opportunities she gets. This is ending up with romantic dinners and walks to hotel rooms. Producer starts initiating romantic contact and she does not say no. He starts going down on her, and she acts like she is enjoying it. Same with sex. After they continue to have contact and she starts asking for bigger favors, and he obliges.

After the relationship cools, the opportunities dry up. Now she starts to look for the cash in by claiming sexual assault.

Who is the real predator?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It's almost impossible for a female to rape a young boy. Kid was probably high fiving all his friends.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:It's almost impossible for a female to rape a young boy. Kid was probably high fiving all his friends.
If someone is below the age of consent, it is rape, whether the minor was willing or not, they cannot legally consent.

Also, her victim alleges forced oral sex, which ironically is the same thing Argento alleged against Weinstein.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:It's almost impossible for a female to rape a young boy. Kid was probably high fiving all his friends.
yes, a boy can be forced or coerced into sex.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: The thing you are missing is there is no difference. Acting has never been solely about talent. It is a combination of being marketable and being fun to be around.

To us, we are interested in the 2 hour end result. To them, it is a six month job with long hours and about the process. Jennifer Lawrence became the "It" girl because she was a fuckable party girl. Ben Affleck was the party guy. Be fun and attractive and flirt with the people giving you the part and you are likely to get it. This goes for any walk of life, from teaching, to nursing, to being an office worker.

Let me give you a scenario. Young actress acts interested in slovenly producer hoping to enhance her career. The more she flirts, the more opportunities she gets. This is ending up with romantic dinners and walks to hotel rooms. Producer starts initiating romantic contact and she does not say no. He starts going down on her, and she acts like she is enjoying it. Same with sex. After they continue to have contact and she starts asking for bigger favors, and he obliges.

After the relationship cools, the opportunities dry up. Now she starts to look for the cash in by claiming sexual assault.

you want me to be something, but really i'm not. i understand what goes into making a movie. i know that a lot, maybe most is about image. we've gone through this before. over and over before.

if someone is claiming sexual assault, falsely. i am opposed to that. if someone forces another person into sex, i am also opposed to that. i would like to see that change. the #metoo movement may put a dent in that, if nothing else.

why do the opportunities dry up? cause the producer feels like women are only bankable as sex objects? maybe there can be change there too.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: The thing you are missing is there is no difference. Acting has never been solely about talent. It is a combination of being marketable and being fun to be around.

you want me to be something, but really i'm not. i understand what goes into making a movie. i know that a lot, maybe most is about image. we've gone through this before. over and over before.

if someone is claiming sexual assault, falsely. i am opposed to that. if someone forces another person into sex, i am also opposed to that. i would like to see that change. the #metoo movement may put a dent in that, if nothing else.

why do the opportunities dry up? cause the producer feels like women are only bankable as sex objects? maybe there can be change there too.
If you build your career on being sexy, is it a surprise you have trouble maintaining the career when the sexiness goes away? Neither Argento nor her ilk minded trading on their looks and sex for money.

Same problem most prostitutes have.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Also, you could watch a couple hot chicks reciting lines they don't fully understand in a sitcom and being adorable in doing so. Or you can watch Asia Argento and Rose McGowan doing the same thing looking like two trailer park grandmas who suck dick at truck stops. Not a tough decision.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

some actors fuck themselves over with drugs and the like. that sucks. but even with those that don't, they are often seen as just sex objects. male actors that bank on that, are able to transition often times. i don't see why it should be different for women in the biz.