Unelected and unappointed deep state treason

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Unelected and unappointed deep state treason

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Where’s this myth of the great economy coming from?
Living in it and knowing numerous business owners.
Yeah, I can believe YOU have it good. But not most others. That’s the weird bit.
Many business owners are claiming things are good right now, even my boss. Their employees however will disagree, proving once again "trickle down" doesn't work because no one fucking does it. It's funny. "Oh the economy is great now!" So...about raises so we can catch up over the last few years? I'm two rent increases from joining the homeless at the riverbottom. "Oh no, shop's not doing good enough. BTW, going on another vacation in 2 weeks."
That’s exactly my issue with this take. GDP, stock market, unemployment are all really good. But other indicators continue to really lag, including wage growth and low and middle class wealth. The economy is rocking for the rich firvsure, and for some businesses but not for most Americans. Makes it weird to see it be the big headline. All analysis suggests the tax cut did nothing but accelerate the biggest stock buyback in years to inflate share prices.
Wage growth is stagnant because the labor pool is not learning skills. They spend more time in school than ever, yet emerge with no useful skills.
No. Because there are people in situ doing the job they should be doing who get none of this profit despite doing the job. It’s not just new job wage growth, it’s active jobs too.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Wages have been stagnant for a while now. Meanwhile....the minimum wage isn't going up like it should (for years), and my Burger King meal still cost me $9.89 yesterday. That same meal cost under $5 6 or 7 years ago.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
Yeah, I can believe YOU have it good. But not most others. That’s the weird bit.
Many business owners are claiming things are good right now, even my boss. Their employees however will disagree, proving once again "trickle down" doesn't work because no one fucking does it. It's funny. "Oh the economy is great now!" So...about raises so we can catch up over the last few years? I'm two rent increases from joining the homeless at the riverbottom. "Oh no, shop's not doing good enough. BTW, going on another vacation in 2 weeks."
That’s exactly my issue with this take. GDP, stock market, unemployment are all really good. But other indicators continue to really lag, including wage growth and low and middle class wealth. The economy is rocking for the rich firvsure, and for some businesses but not for most Americans. Makes it weird to see it be the big headline. All analysis suggests the tax cut did nothing but accelerate the biggest stock buyback in years to inflate share prices.
Wage growth is stagnant because the labor pool is not learning skills. They spend more time in school than ever, yet emerge with no useful skills.
No. Because there are people in situ doing the job they should be doing who get none of this profit despite doing the job. It’s not just new job wage growth, it’s active jobs too.
Yes, because some marijuana smoking dullard should show up to work and be a profit partner in a billion dollar company that it took 60 years to build.

Gotta have skills and drive to get paid. Showing up gets you minimum wage.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Wages have been stagnant for a while now. Meanwhile....the minimum wage isn't going up like it should (for years), and my Burger King meal still cost me $9.89 yesterday. That same meal cost under $5 6 or 7 years ago.
Yet Burger King itself is struggling.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: It is easier to list all the reasons a person can't. Millions of kids, fresh out of high school, move across the country to live all the time.
no, it's in fact just as easy to tell someone that they just need to find something more successful, as it is to list reasons why it won't work. and sometimes the latter is more honest.
You moved from Florida to Colorado. Were you teleported there?
if i had to foot the bill, myself. i'd still be in florida. my situation is not d's situation.

should i trust d to tell us what he is capable of with his situation, or trust you to tell us what he is capable of?
You should trust me. I will be honest when someone is falling short of their potential.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

And to answer my question, you moved because you found a way. You couldn't, yet there you are.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: You should trust me. I will be honest when someone is falling short of their potential.
you'll be honest about how you have a way to reach the potential, yourself, that you see in them.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:And to answer my question, you moved because you found a way. You couldn't, yet there you are.
not exactly. i didn't find a way. i was given a way. again, my situation is not d's situation.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
Yes, because some marijuana smoking dullard should show up to work and be a profit partner in a billion dollar company that it took 60 years to build.

That’s how you see 95% of the American people? Man, bleak times.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:And to answer my question, you moved because you found a way. You couldn't, yet there you are.
not exactly. i didn't find a way. i was given a way. again, my situation is not d's situation.
So if not given a way, you just would have sat there staring at a blank wall or something?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Sucks that D, Reign, Jason, Head, Z and Slaughter are all loser stoners to Foo who don’t deserve better wages.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

That’s how you see 95% of the American people? Man, bleak times.
Come on over, I will take you to a few Walmarts and you can take a gander for yourself.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
So if not given a way, you just would have sat there staring at a blank wall or something?
if not given a way to move to colorado, i would not be in colorado. i would still be in florida. i would make my way the best that i could in florida.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Sucks that D, Reign, Jason, Head, Z and Slaughter are all loser stoners to Foo who don’t deserve better wages.
If anyone wants more from life, they need to go get it. That goes for me, for you, and for them. Do you think the food business just happens? I work at it all the time.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Sucks that D, Reign, Jason, Head, Z and Slaughter are all loser stoners to Foo who don’t deserve better wages.
If anyone wants more from life, they need to go get it. That goes for me, for you, and for them. Do you think the food business just happens? I work at it all the time.
That defeats the stated ideal of trickle down economics. Hence my point.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Stoner? Me? I've never smoked weed in me life.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
No where in trickle down economics is it stated that you can get more by doing less.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
No where in trickle down economics is it stated that you can get more by doing less.
No one said anything about doing less. No one. But thanks for believing I and anybody else struggling to get by is a lazy piece of shit that only "shows up".
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Wages have been stagnant for a while now. Meanwhile....the minimum wage isn't going up like it should (for years), and my Burger King meal still cost me $9.89 yesterday. That same meal cost under $5 6 or 7 years ago.
Yet Burger King itself is struggling.
You can replace Burger King with McDonald's, Arby's, Wendy's, etc. I'm not saying a person working the cash register should be making $15 an hour. But, go ahead and look into filling out an applications for say....McDonalds. They promise you the world. Meanwhile, their best worker is making minimum wage working the grill because he is too good to replace.

Roadhouse, has a really cool way of treating their employees. I got a second job, at minimum wage, a few years ago. The other dish washer was making $16 an hour. When I asked why, they said it takes more money to hire people than fire people. This guy had only missed two days in 6 years. They said he was worth the $16 an hour. I dunno .....but wages are stagnant. You can't deny this. What is the solution? Is it poor people's fault? Or the CEO making way too much. And yes, the CEO should get his money and deserves it. But the wage gap is fucking insane. What's your take?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
No one said anything about doing less. No one. But thanks for believing I and anybody else struggling to get by is a lazy piece of shit that only "shows up".