Overdoses, leading cause of death of Americans under 50

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Overdoses, leading cause of death of Americans under 50

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Talk about irresponsibly framing an argument. Yup, people get abortions to get a taste for killing babies. That's it, nobody else affected.
Pretty sure the babies are affected more than anyone. This is lost on liberals. So worried about mom being inconvenienced that we overlook the murder.
"Inconvenienced" is an interesting word choice there.
Don't want a kid, fuck with a condom.
Period, huh?
Seems simple to me.
is this what the mandela effect looks like? :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

*deletes entire thread*

Yep!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:drugs destroy families... but it's only worth talking about if we can point the finger at pot specifically. :P
Would you care to point out where I singled out pot specifically? Seems as though you are looking for something that isn't there.
you created a topic about pot being a problem. i create a topic about drugs in general being a problem. which one were you quick to shoot down?
I clearly stated that pot, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc are all problems.
so why downplay the death rate as no big deal?
I really don't care if addicts die. I think it is wonderful that society has come so far that the top causes of death in that group are not war, murder, accidents, plague, cancer, etc. These are voluntary acts. People making the choice to get high and face the consequences of it.

If I have a choice between the top cause being:

A. Overdoses
B. People being pushed out of windows
C. Cancer

I will take A. Every time.

What would you prefer the top cause of death be for people between 1 and 50?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: I really don't care if addicts die. I think it is wonderful that society has come so far that the top causes of death in that group are not war, murder, accidents, plague, cancer, etc. These are voluntary acts. People making the choice to get high and face the consequences of it.

A. Overdoses
C. Cancer

raining frogs? i would choose something that doesn't have a high chance of happening. if that became the leading cause, it would mean that everything else decreased significantly.

i feel like you're looking at this the wrong way. it doesn't feel like society coming a long way. it feels like things are that bad, that overdoses beats car accidents, murders, and gunplay?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: I really don't care if addicts die. I think it is wonderful that society has come so far that the top causes of death in that group are not war, murder, accidents, plague, cancer, etc. These are voluntary acts. People making the choice to get high and face the consequences of it.

A. Overdoses
C. Cancer

raining frogs? i would choose something that doesn't have a high chance of happening. if that became the leading cause, it would mean that everything else decreased significantly.

i feel like you're looking at this the wrong way. it doesn't feel like society coming a long way. it feels like things are that bad, that overdoses beats car accidents, murders, and gunplay?
What are the odds that I overdose on drugs? it is such an easy thing to prevent. Don't play around with the stuff and you are more likely to have a frog traveling at terminal velocity crushing your skull.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I believe in freedom of choice.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:I believe in freedom of choice.
as do i. but nice try. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

A. Overdoses
C. Cancer

What are the odds that I overdose on drugs? it is such an easy thing to prevent. Don't play around with the stuff and you are more likely to have a frog traveling at terminal velocity crushing your skull.
i'd still like to find some way, as a culture, to help those that are in a bad place, where it's possible, so that the number of people who overdose decreases. but we obviously differ here.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Not surprising. Doctors prescribe drugs at the drop of a hat. "Oh, you're in a bad mood? Take these." And they do this with children. It's no wonder they never learn to cope.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

A. Overdoses
C. Cancer

i'd still like to find some way, as a culture, to help those that are in a bad place, where it's possible, so that the number of people who overdose decreases. but we obviously differ here.
No one listens. I see it all the time. Denial that most of their problems center on their own laziness. They want a quick fix, so they turn to drugs. Escapism.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I take it you're not taking Beauregard's view here, Z?
not sure what this is about. *stupid* ....
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, Attorney General, thinks the answer is more prison sentences and longer sentences for drug use. Not therapy, medical treatment etc.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, Attorney General, thinks the answer is more prison sentences and longer sentences for drug use. Not therapy, medical treatment etc.
Lock 'em up and let companies exploit their unpaid labor. Slavery never really did go away in the South, just evolved every generation.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The massive spike isn't from more people wanting to escape reality so they get high. It's from the country being flooded with powerful prescription drugs. Unscrupulous doctors who are paid to push the drugs for pharmaceutical companies and are spreading this shit everywhere. It's yet another American problem that would be easy to fix like immigration would be if corporations didn't have so much influence in Washington.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
okay. definitely no. :P i don't think drug use should be punished with a prison sentence.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Prescription drug abuse is out of control. It would seem like something easy to get control of but doctors and pharmaceutical companies are just continuing to pump that poison out as much as possible.
When people couldn't get their Oxys refilled anymore, all it did was revitalize the market for heroin all over the country. It's completely out of control.
One Percocet 30mg, goes for $30 a pill around here. Balloon of heroin....$10. This town is littered full of addicts. All of South Central and Southern Ohio is some of the worst in the country. Problem is, opiates are highly addictive. Doctors prescribe them, and most take them as prescribed. It doesn't take long to get hooked, even taking their scheduled doses. Next thing ya know, you have an addict and people act like they are scrum. Can't afford rehab, etc. I live around these people. All they do is send them of to jail or prison. Ya know, to teach them a lesson.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

And to anyone that thinks all addicts should just die and good riddance, needs to eat a bag/bags of dicks. I have a couple of people that are like family, get hooked on opiates because of Drs prescribing them, become a full blown addict....only to come out of it through hard work. My singer in Sever for example.....had a back injury (still has issues with it), and now he has a huge house on Lake Michigan.....a kick pass boat, and a successful painting business. If only he would have died while being addicted.......that's just fucking stupid to me.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It seems like drugs is one of those ones where it simply is not considered a disease or anything similar, despite the fact that it has a lot of actual disease-like symptoms and requires treatment. Just seems odd.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

*I tell people to eat bags of dicks all the time, in case people get offended lol*
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:*I tell people to eat bags of dicks all the time, in case people get offended lol*
Go eat a bag of dicks, you dick-bag-eater
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:*I tell people to eat bags of dicks all the time, in case people get offended lol*
Go eat a bag of dicks, you dick-bag-eater
Nom nom nom nom......... :P