West Baltimore

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: West Baltimore

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:What gun control activists either won't tell you or refuse to believe is that conceal carry citizens save between 500 thousand and 3 million lives per year. "Common sense gun control" is one of the most blatantly manipulative terms in politics. Throwing "common sense" in there is manipulative. There is no such thing as common sense gun control. Gun control will only ever take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. This is one political issue where I'm absolutely far right.
Fun fact: gun ownership leads to murder 37/100 times. Across the 350m Americans this means 111m will be murdered by a gun. They must be removed.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:What gun control activists either won't tell you or refuse to believe is that conceal carry citizens save between 500 thousand and 3 million lives per year. "Common sense gun control" is one of the most blatantly manipulative terms in politics. Throwing "common sense" in there is manipulative. There is no such thing as common sense gun control. Gun control will only ever take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. This is one political issue where I'm absolutely far right.
Fun fact: gun ownership leads to murder 37/100 times. Across the 350m Americans this means 111m will be murdered by a gun. They must be removed.

That is the biggest bull shit stat I've ever seen in my entire life. Congratulations.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Shit, you’d think with crazy numbers like those, everybody would be walking around with full bulletproof gear on and shiz. I gotta revamp my Christmas list, anybody want a billet of kevlar? Anybody?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

That is the biggest bull shit stat I've ever seen in my entire life. Congratulations.
I’m sensing the point was lost on you then.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Nice to post something positive about Baltimore. People came from all over the country to help clean up West Baltimore. Every different race,age ,gender and political beliefs put aside their differences for a greater cause.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Gun nuts' logic is a treat. You can't prevent every shooting, so it's better to do absolutely nothing and fully uphold our sacred right to own muskets when the British come riding through our towns.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Gun nuts' logic is a treat. You can't prevent every shooting, so it's better to do absolutely nothing and fully uphold our sacred right to own muskets when the British come riding through our towns.
What do you propose be done about guns?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Gun nuts' logic is a treat. You can't prevent every shooting, so it's better to do absolutely nothing and fully uphold our sacred right to own muskets when the British come riding through our towns.
What do you propose be done about guns?
Surely at this point it should be literally anything. But the obvious points are years overdue like closing down loopholes, modernizing the gun registry and databases, waiting times for gun purchases, ban on assault rifles and non-hunting rifles and high capacity clips, high caliber hand guns, a trade-in amnesty, universal background checks for all purchases, removal of concealed carry and open carry permits in all public spaces, increase cost of ammunition through taxation, and the reverting to only permitting muskets to be held if the person can prove part of a well-regulated militia.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Easily the worst idea I've ever heard. Would only lead to higher murder rate. Good job, you've doubled the body count.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

when you have the president of the united states calling for regulation and/or ban of video games, any resistance to some kind of reform or regulation on firearms feels severely two faced and reeks of an agenda. and i wish that we hadn't gotten to this point.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Guns are where the "prohibition theory" falls short but it's the argument everyone tries to make. It's really one of those simple things where we can pretty definitively say less guns = less deaths and move on to how you can make that happen.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Guns are where the "prohibition theory" falls short but it's the argument everyone tries to make. It's really one of those simple things where we can pretty definitively say less guns = less deaths and move on to how you can make that happen.
You are 19 times more likely to get stabbed with a knife.

Perhaps we'll start with the kitchen utensil first...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Guns are where the "prohibition theory" falls short but it's the argument everyone tries to make. It's really one of those simple things where we can pretty definitively say less guns = less deaths and move on to how you can make that happen.
yeah, you can say less guns = less deaths. treating everyone like we're children who can't be trusted because of some broken fuck is still never gonna sit right with me. but i guess that's where we are. it's either guns or fictional violence in our entertainment but the approach and intent looks to be the same. *shrug*
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s the only thing where you as a country wont even try. It’s pathetic and reckless.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:

Lol @ the game where we pretend guns and knives are comparable at all.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
yeah, you can say less guns = less deaths. treating everyone like we're children who can't be trusted because of some broken fuck is still never gonna sit right with me. but i guess that's where we are. it's either guns or fictional violence in our entertainment but the approach and intent looks to be the same. *shrug*
I mean, it's true, we can't be trusted and I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that. I'm much more comfortable living in a world where people don't easily have access to guns. Except for the muskets needed to form a respectable militia for when the British come riding into town, as per the Constitution.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Lol @ the game where we pretend guns and knives are comparable at all.
They're not. Knives kill on an astronomically larger scale.

Less knives = less death
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
I mean, it's true, we can't be trusted and I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that. I'm much more comfortable living in a world where people don't easily have access to guns. Except for the muskets needed to form a respectable militia for when the British come riding into town, as per the Constitution.
fair. maybe we will be better off to all be treated like children, under our parent government, who can't be trusted with anything that we could cause harm with, or that may influence us, in some way, to cause harm
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
fair. maybe we will be better off to all be treated like children, under our parent government, who can't be trusted with anything that we could cause harm with, or that may influence us, in some way, to cause harm
That's typically how it goes when you show you're not responsible enough to handle something. Should there be no sense of accountability in our lives?