Well least I have not watched it in 30 years
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: May 29, 2020

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:About to start up Eden Lake. Saw this maybe twice before. Not the most fun movie, but I do recall it being quality.
ohh, i had the impression that it was a new watch. quality, indeed.
No such luck. Had it on DVD for many years now. A well-made movie, but as D said, somewhat depressing in nature.
yeah, i'm well aware of the tone. it's long been a favorite of mine.
The lead lady is one of the sexiest women I've ever seen in a horror film. Great film.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:My deepest appreciation? :P

It's all cool. I just looked through the 900 or so post-2000 horror films I've seen, and nothing stood out, so I'll just stick with my Amityville Horror comparison.
cool. i haven't seen insidious 2, so i don't know what to compare it too anyways.
I loved the first. Pretty sure I thought the second was dumb. I gotta quit watching movies drunk lol
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Now Cannibal Holocaust begins.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Joe Bob said "Damn this movie is rough" I laughed out loud
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jigsaw wrote:
Dream wrote:Just caught up on the issue at hand.

Can I just say that people who make fun of virgins are assholes? They're also the ones most likely to label people who aren't virgins as sluts.

From my perspective whether or not someone is a virgin had no bearing on who they were as a person. Personally, I find it commendable to not lower your standards just to remove the stigma of something that has no real impact in the world. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I'm told you don't magically feel like a different person after losing it, so I don't get the fascination/obsession with it on either side of things.

Want to be celibate your whole life? Cool, be safe and enjoy.

Want to bang everyone you come across? Cool, be safe and have fun.
Have to say, as a 26-year old virgin, I appreciate this take. I pretty much never tell any friends that I've not had sex - I hear how both some males and females shame it. Dealing with a life-long depression isn't bad enough, I get to hear Joe talk about how virgin guys aren't really men. Sure, that's useful. *rolls eyes while shoots self* :P
It's a similar kind of judgment for many girls if they aren't virgins before marriage. Does it matter to those judgy pricks how it happened? No, had sex before whatever arbitrary age they deem appropriate then you're a slut and should be shamed for it because you clearly have no self-respect. I don't typically bother trying to explain that I didn't even know what was going on, but whatever reasoning I had for it shouldn't make a difference in how other people see me, if it does, they're kind of awful.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Now Cannibal Holocaust begins.
I feel asleep during Dead Heat. (Work fridays kill me. :cry: )
But I woke up and popped it on, it was a part where some guy was standing over someone by the water or something and he was beating/killing them. Honestly I didn't pay much attention. I was distracted by the giant patch of hair glued between the legs. Like the person turned into bigfoot in that one foot area. Good crap! Is the whole movie like that? (never seen it) I'm gonna laugh my way through it if that is the case. :lol: