October Challenge 2021 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: October Challenge 2021 Discussion Thread

Post by Jigsaw »

hope you enjoy that one jmac
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:hope you enjoy that one jmac
We are about 40 minutes in. So far, it's ok. Not much happening. Lots of early 80s goodness though.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Creepshow revisit
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I'm start'n things off with an Evil Dead night.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Updated my list. Six movies today, which isn't bad, as I was only aiming for five. Good first day.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Was happy to see Tubi added The Sentinel. Hadn't seen that in a few years. I even forgot the side twist (not the big surprise, that gets spoiled the first viewing) and enjoyed it all over again.
Though I didn't catch on first viewing how awful of job they did on the priest's body double doll that gets thrown around. You can really tell the second it is fake. :lol:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Now onto Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Ava wrote:Was happy to see Tubi added The Sentinel. Hadn't seen that in a few years. I even forgot the side twist (not the big surprise, that gets spoiled the first viewing) and enjoyed it all over again.
Though I didn't catch on first viewing how awful of job they did on the priest's body double doll that gets thrown around. You can really tell the second it is fake. :lol:
Is that the one with Chris Sarandon? I've wanted to check that out.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Ava wrote:Was happy to see Tubi added The Sentinel. Hadn't seen that in a few years. I even forgot the side twist (not the big surprise, that gets spoiled the first viewing) and enjoyed it all over again.
That movie scared the shit outta me when I was a kid
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Went with Cat's Eye next, just cause I didn't want to keep browsing.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Starting off the day with Puppet Master (1989).

Somewhat amusingly, I like a decent amount of the Puppet Master movies, but I remember thinking that the first one was a bit weaker than many of the others. Maybe this viewing will change my mind.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:Starting off the day with Puppet Master (1989).

Somewhat amusingly, I like a decent amount of the Puppet Master movies, but I remember thinking that the first one was a bit weaker than many of the others. Maybe this viewing will change my mind.
I need to revisit all of those. I have a few on DVD. I also subscribe to the Full Moon app. Which is dumb because I'm starting to realize that a lot of those movies are on Prime, and/or TubiTv.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Yup! Along with others too like Mick from Rocky, Goldblum cameo, Christopher Walken (only a few min), a whole lot of Beverly D'Angelo :shock:....
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I've only seen the Pupper Master movies up to 2010's Axis of Evil. Three others have come out (Puppet Master X: Axis Rising from 2012, Puppet Master: Axis Termination from 2017, and Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich from 2018) that I've not seen, but based on all the films I have seen, it's actually a pretty decent series, only low points really being Retro Puppet Master (1999) and Puppet Master: The Legacy (2003).

Might watch more this month, but all I had planned was just the first one, which I enjoyed seeing again.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

One of those after Axis was pretty good. I can't remember which one though. All of them blend in my brain into a big movie. :P
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Finally watching When A Stranger Calls. Always avoided because ending was spoiled.
I'm just having the worst time seeing her as the babysitter when she is the prego mom from License to Drive. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jigsaw wrote:I've only seen the Pupper Master movies up to 2010's Axis of Evil. Three others have come out (Puppet Master X: Axis Rising from 2012, Puppet Master: Axis Termination from 2017, and Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich from 2018) that I've not seen, but based on all the films I have seen, it's actually a pretty decent series, only low points really being Retro Puppet Master (1999) and Puppet Master: The Legacy (2003).

Might watch more this month, but all I had planned was just the first one, which I enjoyed seeing again.
I even missed one. There's a 2020 movie called Blade the Iron Cross. There's so much to this series, and I'm not even counting them going against Demonic Toys. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Giving Child's Play a first-time watch.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:Giving Child's Play a first-time watch.
It's cool. I need to watch all of them. I've seen the first two, for sure. I've seen the 1st a million times, and the 2nd only once or twice when it came out. Hmmmmm.....I might watch part 2 today.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Giving Child's Play a first-time watch.
It's cool. I need to watch all of them. I've seen the first two, for sure. I've seen the 1st a million times, and the 2nd only once or twice when it came out. Hmmmmm.....I might watch part 2 today.
So that was me being a vague prick. I'm talking about the 1972 movie, not the 1988 Chucky one. :P