September 17th 2017

The daily chat room.
zombie
Administrator

Re: September 17th 2017

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Daredevil director's cut was the bomb, yo!
nice segue. :P
The band added a lot to that movie.
their music was included in some pretty meaningful scenes for the movie. agreed.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Tay winz 100% 100%. And I loves Evanescence.
one bad song puts her over evanescence? i dispute your love for the band.
Fuck. I knew you were trouble when I walked in.
It's a shame on me now, though.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
perfect by nature, icons of self indulgence. just what we all need. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
their music was included in some pretty meaningful scenes for the movie. agreed.
They should have done the Jeff Healey in Roadhouse thing. Maybe the band could have been in the room while Electra was training!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
They should have done the Jeff Healey in Roadhouse thing. Maybe the band could have been in the room while Electra was training!
i think that would have made the movie worse...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Track 3: Everybody's Fool
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Track 3: Everybody's Fool
okay, but you didn't name the album. you lose. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Suspension of disbelief. Like when Elvis is in the room with Clarence in True Romance.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

'look what you made me do' and 'imperfection' are pretty much equally bad. so where does evanescence fall short of taylor?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Suspension of disbelief. Like when Elvis is in the room with Clarence in True Romance.
hmmm.. so more like something in her mind? i can get into that. but val kilmer played elvis, who do you cast for amy lee? :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Ran into this message on movechat.org (an IMDb replacement were people can actually talk about movies):

"Horror recs for a 15 yo new to horror.

She thought Alien and Jaws were both boring and is afraid to watch Halloween. She liked Annabelle and wants to watch some Chuckie."

You know, I'll be entirely honest - when I first saw Alien and Jaws, I too thought they were more dull (well, in Alien's case, only for the first 25 minutes or so).

I recommended Halloween (despite her being scared to watch it, I have to imagine to a modern-day horror audience the pure suspense approach would seem tame), Poltergeist, Psycho, along with the first two Child's Play.

I've been into horror movies for so long, I don't even really remember watch I started watching after the "first wave", as it was. No idea how to really make recommendations to someone new in horror. Thought I'd see what you guys thought.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
hmmm.. so more like something in her mind? i can get into that. but val kilmer played elvis, who do you cast for amy lee? :P
You don't have to state it is in her mind, they are just there. It is art. Everything works out.

Any chubby chick with lots of eyeliner will do. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i'd start by getting more of an idea what she likes from horror, beyond annabelle. (mainly because i haven't seen it. :P ) but given just that i'd recommend mostly spooky supernatural stuff. and maybe more specifically supernatural stuff with dolls.

she might like dead silence as it's james wan and supernatural, with dolls?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:i'd start by getting more of an idea what she likes from horror, beyond annabelle. (mainly because i haven't seen it. :P ) but given just that i'd recommend mostly spooky supernatural stuff. and maybe more specifically supernatural stuff with dolls.

That's a fair point.

I've not seen Dead Silence, but I can't imagine it has too many objectionable scenes. I'll throw that this guy's way later.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
You don't have to state it is in her mind, they are just there. It is art. Everything works out.

Any chubby chick with lots of eyeliner will do. :p
you suck. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:i'd start by getting more of an idea what she likes from horror, beyond annabelle. (mainly because i haven't seen it. :P ) but given just that i'd recommend mostly spooky supernatural stuff. and maybe more specifically supernatural stuff with dolls.

That's a fair point.

I've not seen Dead Silence, but I can't imagine it has too many objectionable scenes. I'll throw that this guy's way later.
objectionable like nudity? i don't remember there being any.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

That's a fair point.

Nudity or gore. This is a 15-year old girl we're talking about, so I don't want to recommend anything that might not be appreciated.

Sort of surprised Dead Silence was rated R, on a side-note - everything I know about it makes it sound like perfect PG-13 material.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

That's a fair point.

Nudity or gore. This is a 15-year old girl we're talking about, so I don't want to recommend anything that might not be appreciated.

Sort of surprised Dead Silence was rated R, on a side-note - everything I know about it makes it sound like perfect PG-13 material.
okay. i remember there being a good amount of gore. is that why she was afraid to watch halloween? maybe it's not for her, if that's the case.

but you mentioned she wants to watch child's play movies, which they're kind of gory too so i don't know. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

That's a fair point.

okay. i remember there being a good amount of gore. is that why she was afraid to watch halloween? maybe it's not for her, if that's the case.

but you mentioned she wants to watch child's play movies, which they're kind of gory too so i don't know. :P
She's young - there's likely little logic to her thinking. :p

I'll just wait to hear back from this guy, see if he has any more information that might be useful.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Hunger Games, Twilight, Maze Runner. Tween shit.

Here is the thing, if she is too goofy to recognize she is on the largest repository of knowledge that the world has ever created, and has not even seen the basics, while asking for advice, she is likely stupid or an attention whore or both. Good shit would be wasted on her.