Administrator

Re: December 15th 2017

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

from Malcom X to Professor X, lulz
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:My favorite fan casting I see mentioned for new X-Men is a curveball one. I usually don't jump on the idea of changing a character's race or sex unless it would improve the character, but I saw someone mention Denzil Washington for Professor X...and goddamn that feels brilliant.
that would make for some very cool casting.

on a related note, have denzel washington and sam jackson ever done a movie together?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:what happened?
Just a long, shitty day. Lol.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:what happened?
Just a long, shitty day. Lol.
well, that bites.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:My favorite fan casting I see mentioned for new X-Men is a curveball one. I usually don't jump on the idea of changing a character's race or sex unless it would improve the character, but I saw someone mention Denzil Washington for Professor X...and goddamn that feels brilliant.

on a related note, have denzel washington and sam jackson ever done a movie together?
Mo Better Blues
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:

Mo Better Blues
wesley snipes too. have you seen it?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:

Mo Better Blues
wesley snipes too. have you seen it?
I don't know. I believe it was on TV a lot, so I might have, but couldn't say for sure.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the only way i can think of to get the x-men into the existing mcu, is to do a phase around that. like mutants start to show up and it becomes a political / national security discussion over the course of that phase. but i would still think that keeping them mostly separate is the better way to handle it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Denzel would be a far better Magneto, given he ruled as Malcolm X.

Maybe they can do an all black X-Men, like The Wiz! Kevin Hart for Wolverine!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

would storm be white, if that came to be? :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:the only way i can think of to get the x-men into the existing mcu, is to do a phase around that. like mutants start to show up and it becomes a political / national security discussion over the course of that phase. but i would still think that keeping them mostly separate is the better way to handle it.
Phoenix story.

I feel like it is always a problem when you start mixing too many street level characters with cosmic ones. It kinda works in cartoons and such, but when you put it on screen, you suddenly realize how stupid it is. You see some dude on Sunday take a knee to the head while wearing a football helmet and is concussed. When you see some ordinary human get jerked around like a bouncy ball at 500 mph with little affect, it takes me out of it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:would storm be white, if that came to be? :P
Halle Berry. Black-ish.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:the only way i can think of to get the x-men into the existing mcu, is to do a phase around that. like mutants start to show up and it becomes a political / national security discussion over the course of that phase. but i would still think that keeping them mostly separate is the better way to handle it.
Phoenix story.

I feel like it is always a problem when you start mixing too many street level characters with cosmic ones. It kinda works in cartoons and such, but when you put it on screen, you suddenly realize how stupid it is. You see some dude on Sunday take a knee to the head while wearing a football helmet and is concussed. When you see some ordinary human get jerked around like a bouncy ball at 500 mph with little affect, it takes me out of it.
so just drop the mutant prejudice thing altogether? that could be done, i guess, but it seems like a huge part of that world. the phoenix story line would be epic to see done right though, for sure.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

with avengers infinity war, do you think they are just all gonna go cosmic and earth isn't gonna be featured so much anymore? that feels weird to me, especially with guys like spiderman (supposing he has a lasting role in the mcu). x-men and spiderman could be a way to keep part of it grounded. while the avengers and ff could go all cosmic. i don't know if that could work feasibly, but yeah.

maybe phoenix down the line, to drag the x-men into being cosmic too. i don't know.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Phoenix story.

so just drop the mutant prejudice thing altogether? that could be done, i guess, but it seems like a huge part of that world. the phoenix story line would be epic to see done right though, for sure.
I think they could drop it for awhile, especially if it is not another one with Magneto as the villain. When I watched the 90's X-Men cartoon, they got away from the prejudice stories quite a bit, and I thought it was a nice change of pace.

Or maybe do X-men stories with teams that actually make sense going into space or into certain situations. I think I would even enjoy it if you saw consequences of characters facing things out of their comfort level. How awesome would if be if the X-Men were fighting side by side with the Avengers. Thor and Capt. America do their hammer and shield thing, Cyclops drops dead and Kitty Pride is 100% retarded for life from the pressure wave. That would be great!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

One day before I die, I am going to cut my fingernails down to the pink part and then stare at them until I see the white tips start to appear. It always happens while I am sleeping...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Phoenix story.

I think they could drop it for awhile, especially if it is not another one with Magneto as the villain. When I watched the 90's X-Men cartoon, they got away from the prejudice stories quite a bit, and I thought it was a nice change of pace.

Or maybe do X-men stories with teams that actually make sense going into space or into certain situations. I think I would even enjoy it if you saw consequences of characters facing things out of their comfort level. How awesome would if be if the X-Men were fighting side by side with the Avengers. Thor and Capt. America do their hammer and shield thing, Cyclops drops dead and Kitty Pride is 100% retarded for life from the pressure wave. That would be great!
so, i see not a fan of scott or shadowcat. :P

yeah, the prejudice thing always played a part, though it did fall more to the backburner as the cartoon went on. maybe fox's x-men has shown that part of it enough, that you could take it in a different direction within the mcu.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:One day before I die, I am going to cut my fingernails down to the pink part and then stare at them until I see the white tips start to appear. It always happens while I am sleeping...
that is a very obsessive compulsive life goal. :P
horrorfan

Post by horrorfan »

I have quit drinking soda completely. I have not had a single soda, coke, pepsi, ect. in about five months. I also quit eating fried foods and greasy food like hamburgers. Not a single burger in a month. I eat a lot of fish instead. I also plan on joining a local gym which is open 24 hours. I feel a lot better since eating better.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

horrorfan wrote:I have quit drinking soda completely. I have not had a single soda, coke, pepsi, ect. in about five months. I also quit eating fried foods and greasy food like hamburgers. Not a single burger in a month. I eat a lot of fish instead. I also plan on joining a local gym which is open 24 hours. I feel a lot better since eating better.
I quit sneezing. My diet has been shit, though. Good on you!