Father of Medical marijuana dies of lung cancer

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Father of Medical marijuana dies of lung cancer

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:People need to accept responsibility for their own actions and inactions. It has determined who they are, where they are, and where they are going. Too many things are chalked up to the doings of others and bad luck. Many circumstances blamed on accidents could have even be prevented. I think we all know the person who has been in multiple fender benders and when you ride on a car with them, you quickly learn why.
yeah, more people do need to accept their responsibility for things in their life. everything that happens to you is in some part because of you and your actions or inaction. but that is not to say that there is never anyone or anything else at fault too. or that something beyond yourself is more to blame for a given situation or problem than yourself. look at things honestly and rationally. don't put all of the blame for everything on to yourself. and also don't cast all blame on to something other than yourself.
Accepting responsibility is how you move forward. Laying the blame on another is simply a way to justify future failings. My dad was mean to me, so that is why I gave a drug problem. Someone stole from me, so that is why I am poor.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Don't forget, Foo had opiates prescribed for him once upon a time. He held off, but then eventually took one. So, he is as bad as a weed user! Lmao!

I really don't feel that way, but just pointing out that not every one is an abuser.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:People need to accept responsibility for their own actions and inactions. It has determined who they are, where they are, and where they are going. Too many things are chalked up to the doings of others and bad luck. Many circumstances blamed on accidents could have even be prevented. I think we all know the person who has been in multiple fender benders and when you ride on a car with them, you quickly learn why.
yeah, more people do need to accept their responsibility for things in their life. everything that happens to you is in some part because of you and your actions or inaction. but that is not to say that there is never anyone or anything else at fault too. or that something beyond yourself is more to blame for a given situation or problem than yourself. look at things honestly and rationally. don't put all of the blame for everything on to yourself. and also don't cast all blame on to something other than yourself.
Accepting responsibility is how you move forward. Laying the blame on another is simply a way to justify future failings. My dad was mean to me, so that is why I gave a drug problem. Someone stole from me, so that is why I am poor.
my dad was mean because i deserved it. is no better. don't put all of the blame on yourself. don't cast all blame onto someone else. but of course, figure out a way to move forward and improve your life, where you can.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Don't forget, Foo had opiates prescribed for him once upon a time. He held off, but then eventually took one. So, he is as bad as a weed user! Lmao!

I really don't feel that way, but just pointing out that not every one is an abuser.
I had one when I had my wisdom teeth out. Probably didn't need it. They were overselling the pain. It sucked, but having teeth yanked out should.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
my dad was mean because i deserved it. is no better. don't put all of the blame on yourself. don't cast all blame onto someone else. but of course, figure out a way to move forward and improve your life, where you can.
No, your dad's actions are his own. Your reaction to it is yours.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
but your approach seems to be take blame for the beatings (or however he was mean to you), not just move on from the beatings and don't let it consume you or set you back or whatever.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
but your approach seems to be take blame for the beatings (or however he was mean to you), not just move on from the beatings and don't let it consume you or set you back or whatever.
No, you take responsibility for your actions, not his. Any failures that follow that moment are your own.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
No, you take responsibility for your actions, not his. Any failures that follow that moment are your own.
i never said otherwise. take responsibility. do the best you can with what life throws your way. but also be aware that there are other things that have affected your situation, beyond yourself, and things that will continue to do so. you don't live in a vacuum. don't blame yourself as if you do.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Don't forget, Foo had opiates prescribed for him once upon a time. He held off, but then eventually took one. So, he is as bad as a weed user! Lmao!

I had one when I had my wisdom teeth out. Probably didn't need it. They were overselling the pain. It sucked, but having teeth yanked out should.
Agreed. But have ya ever had a panic attacks? I have had teeth pulled, a heart attack, and have had massively painful toothaches. I have also had 2nd degree burns, and only took two Vicodin. However, none of that was as bad as a panic/anxiety attack. Weed has helped me so much. So, I just want you to use a little perspective.

Btw.....I saw that pic you posted, and your teeth look perfect! Wisdom teeth suck though. Gonna cost me $800 to get them fixed. Ugh.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:

Agreed. But have ya ever had a panic attacks? I have had teeth pulled, a heart attack, and have had massively painful toothaches. I have also had 2nd degree burns, and only took two Vicodin. However, none of that was as bad as a panic/anxiety attack. Weed has helped me so much. So, I just want you to use a little perspective.

Btw.....I saw that pic you posted, and your teeth look perfect! Wisdom teeth suck though. Gonna cost me $800 to get them fixed. Ugh.
Have you considered that your panic attacks are made worse because of the pills reducing the incentive to cope in other ways and the heart attack is the result of the self medication? That the weed helping you in some ways is hurting you in other ways?

I have some overbite and my teeth are not perfect. My fiancé has near perfect teeth, but she is a dentist and always getting them worked on by her friends. She threatens to apply orthodontics to me. :p
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I cant stand painkillers one percocet or endocet and i wont take a healthy shit for a week. When I crushed my finger so bad they considered cutting it off i got by with ibuprophen and weed.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:

Have you considered that your panic attacks are made worse because of the pills reducing the incentive to cope in other ways and the heart attack is the result of the self medication? That the weed helping you in some ways is hurting you in other ways?

I have some overbite and my teeth are not perfect. My fiancé has near perfect teeth, but she is a dentist and always getting them worked on by her friends. She threatens to apply orthodontics to me. :p
Yes, I totally have considered it! However, pills have never helped my anxiety/panic attacks. I have tried some. But I started having them in my early 20s. I didn't smoke reefer until I was 32. My heart attack was because of two things. Heredity and smoking cigs. My father had a massive heart attack at age 32. All of my family has had a heart attack by the time they were in their 40s. No joke. I own up to my own abuse of my body. But that doesn't change the fact that you should be also concerned with doctors. We trust them. Maybe we shouldn't.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:

Yes, I totally have considered it! However, pills have never helped my anxiety/panic attacks. I have tried some. But I started having them in my early 20s. I didn't smoke reefer until I was 32. My heart attack was because of two things. Heredity and smoking cigs. My father had a massive heart attack at age 32. All of my family has had a heart attack by the time they were in their 40s. No joke. I own up to my own abuse of my body. But that doesn't change the fact that you should be also concerned with doctors. We trust them. Maybe we shouldn't.
Hopefully you are eating your weed these days?

I have no reason to trust in doctors any more than I would trust a lawyer or politician. I think you always have to be the primary decision maker while using one you trust for some help in making the decisions.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it seems like your critical of self medicating. which doesn't make sense, if you also don't trust doctors, in general.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:it seems like your critical of self medicating. which doesn't make sense, if you also don't trust doctors, in general.
I am critical of using drugs to cover up emotional problems.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:it seems like your critical of self medicating. which doesn't make sense, if you also don't trust doctors, in general.
it seemed to go further than that. even questioning that you didn't really need painkillers for your teeth.

covering up shouldn't be the way it's used though, i agree. don't use the drug as the solution. if you need to, use to help you cope while you figure out the solution.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
it seemed to go further than that. even questioning that you didn't really need painkillers for your teeth.

covering up shouldn't be the way it's used though, i agree. don't use the drug as the solution. if you need to, use to help you cope while you figure out the solution.
Nobody "needs" that shit.

How many people do you know who use anti-depressants and successfully beat their mental issues? It is a cover up until you die when you start down that path. It is the crutch that keeps those folks addicted and never resolving the problem.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

How many people do you know who use anti-depressants and successfully beat their mental issues? It is a cover up until you die when you start down that path. It is the crutch that keeps those folks addicted and never resolving the problem.
i know at least one person that seems to be using it the way that i am advocating it be used. and it seems to be doing good for them.

what works for you will not work for everyone. if they find something to make it a little bit easier to cope while they figure out their issues, then what's the problem? again, not the solution. just an extra help to cope along the way.

and how much of "covering it up" is for the benefit for the community, employers, teachers, parents, and such. that can't be bothered to help someone with their problem, so a pill is prescribed for their convenience? an actual support system that cared enough to give a damn would go a long way.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

i know at least one person that seems to be using it the way that i am advocating it be used. and it seems to be doing good for them.

what works for you will not work for everyone. if they find something to make it a little bit easier to cope while they figure out their issues, then what's the problem? again, not the solution. just an extra help to cope along the way.

and how much of "covering it up" is for the benefit for the community, employers, teachers, parents, and such. that can't be bothered to help someone with their problem, so a pill is prescribed for their convenience? an actual support system that cared enough to give a damn would go a long way.
It mask symptoms for a lot of people for awhile. What about the long term? Too often it ends up badly.

Again, heroin is great for weight loss. You can function just fine until you can't.

The pill is prescribed for profit. Don't kid yourself. The cause is as noble as dealing crack, just in a clinical setting.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

It mask symptoms for a lot of people for awhile. What about the long term? Too often it ends up badly.

Again, heroin is great for weight loss. You can function just fine until you can't.

The pill is prescribed for profit. Don't kid yourself. The cause is as noble as dealing crack, just in a clinical setting.
too often, it's misused and overused. if it was not taken as a solution, then there would be less of a problem.

and again. don't use it as the solution! DON'T USE IT AS THE SOLUTION! (did caps help you out to get what i've been saying all along?) if it's handled as an extra help along the way, that will help some people. if you can get by without it, awesome. but for some people it can be helpful. again, so long as you don't misuse or overuse it, or try to make it to be the solution.

did i say that it isn't prescribed for profit? the reason it started, though, as far as i can tell.. was to keep children calm in the 50s or 60s. or at least that's when it started on a large scale, again from what i can tell. and that is for the convenience of the community, not giving a damn about actually helping the kids with whatever problem. and it's gone on from there.