Has The Donald Lived the Ultimate Life?

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Dream
Charter Member

Re: Has The Donald Lived the Ultimate Life?

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:Some of you completely lack empathy. You should probably sit the entire News & Politics board out for a while.
Man rapes woman, woman's life ruined.
Woman falsely accuses man of rape, man's life ruined.

Lives totally ruined on both sides. Funny seeing peeps pretend otherwise.

Answer this question. Would you rather be a female and be raped by a man and have your life completely turned upside down, or would you rather be falsely accused of rape and spend years in jail and have all your friends and family think of you as a rapist.

In the end, there is little difference. Both sides equate to scum.

I mean, personally, I'd rather be falsely accused of rape because I would know I didn't actually do anything wrong and would fight to prove my innocence...
Being raped and fighting to prove his guilt is a whole lot harder because, unless extreme violence is used against you, you're seen as a scorned lover trying to ruin a man's reputation 90% of the time. (and that has always been the case, someone lying about being raped has not changed that dynamic, it just gives the rapists a "see, told ya it happens a lot!" pass to put more scrutiny on a victim's statement.)

Just like with wrongfully convicted robbers, murderers, and pedophiles, I'd rather see one wrongfully convicted accused rapist vindicated through the appeals process than to let one rightfully accused rapist walk away, even if I'm the one that gets wrongfully convicted.

I don't see a liar as being exactly like a rapist, ruining someone's reputation is just a little bit different than forcing yourself onto someone against their will. One is definitely just a little more violent than the other even if the person being raped is just lying there accepting what is being done to them.

Ruining a reputation unjustly is awful, absolutely, and should definitely be punished. But I'm pretty sure a rapist should be punished much worse because it is a significantly worse crime against another person.

put it this way: out 310 reported rapes, 31 (at the highest estimate but is more likely between 3 and 10 men) are falsely accused and a total of 6 will be convicted. The odds that the falsely accused are the convicted are incredibly low, pretty much because the odds of the rightly accused being convicted are incredibly low.
Last edited by Dream on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:From my understanding, Head's a Libertarian, not a leftist, but nice try grouping everything who thinks rape isn't on the same level as lying (outcome be damned) into "leftists."
Lol. Head is a leftist, self-proclaimed libertarian but nobody is buying it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Let me go ahead and provide clarity, because some of you aren't following... I absolutely guarantee that I think so negatively of a rapist as every single one of you. The only real difference here is some of you apparently don't think so low of someone who ruins a person's life with a completely false accusation.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Dream wrote:
Jason wrote:Some of you completely lack empathy. You should probably sit the entire News & Politics board out for a while.
Man rapes woman, woman's life ruined.
Woman falsely accuses man of rape, man's life ruined.

Lives totally ruined on both sides. Funny seeing peeps pretend otherwise.

Answer this question. Would you rather be a female and be raped by a man and have your life completely turned upside down, or would you rather be falsely accused of rape and spend years in jail and have all your friends and family think of you as a rapist.

In the end, there is little difference. Both sides equate to scum.

I mean, personally, I'd rather be falsely accused of rape because I would know I didn't actually do anything wrong and would fight to prove my innocence...
Being raped and fighting to prove his guilt is a whole lot harder because, unless extreme violence is used against you, you're seen as a scorned lover trying to ruin a man's reputation 90% of the time. (and that has always been the case, someone lying about being raped has not changed that dynamic, it just gives the rapists a "see, told ya it happens a lot!" pass to put more scrutiny on a victim's statement.)

Just like with wrongfully convicted robbers, murderers, and pedophiles, I'd rather see one wrongfully convicted accused rapist vindicated through the appeals process than to let one rightfully accused rapist walk away, even if I'm the one that gets wrongfully convicted.

I don't see a liar as being exactly like a rapist, ruining someone's reputation is just a little bit different than forcing yourself onto someone against their will. One is definitely just a little more violent than the other even if the person being raped is just lying there accepting what is being done to them.

Ruining a reputation unjustly is awful, absolutely, and should definitely be punished. But I'm pretty sure a rapist should be punished much worse because it is a significantly worse crime against another person.
I hear ya. That's fair. I couldn't make the choice. I can't even imagine what it's like to experience either scenario.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I am with Jason on this.

Not only does the false accusation of rape put a person's long term freedom at risk, potentially ruin their life, etc., but it also damages every legitimate rape claim.

Let's put it this way, I would rather experience a 15 minute rape than 15 years in prison if I had to choose one.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:From my understanding, Head's a Libertarian, not a leftist, but nice try grouping everything who thinks rape isn't on the same level as lying (outcome be damned) into "leftists."
Ron Paul is not pleased.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Can you imagine someone falsely accusing you of raping their child? Or raping them as a child?

That is in the ballpark where even emotionally stable people consider suicide to get away from the accusations. It could be every bit as traumatic as any physical violence.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Nobody (except you) cares enough to “buy” it. Your obsession with this continues to be so weird.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Foo wrote:Can you imagine someone falsely accusing you of raping their child? Or raping them as a child?

That is in the ballpark where even emotionally stable people consider suicide to get away from the accusations. It could be every bit as traumatic as any physical violence.
i can and it would suck, but I think you're putting a lot of stock in a false accusation vs the actual guilt of having done something wrong. If I'm innocent and I know I'm innocent, it would not bother me, maybe it's cause I've lived it, but thinking about that doesn't make me think I would kill myself. It makes me think I would want to prove I was innocent. If I was guilty, yeah, I'd probably contemplate suicide pretty heavily at such an accusation.

Can you imagine being called a lying slut for rightfully accusing such behavior as a child? Or being told that you can't make an accusation because it would ruin his reputation and make people not trust you? Or being told you're better off staying quiet because you'll have to answer invasive and embarrassing questions in public? Or being told you waited too long to speak up? Or being told no one is going to believe you because you didn't fight him? Or being told you'll embarrass the family if you acknowledge it in any way? Or that you deserved it for wearing a dress? Or you're simply laughed at?
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:I am with Jason on this.

Not only does the false accusation of rape put a person's long term freedom at risk, potentially ruin their life, etc., but it also damages every legitimate rape claim.

Let's put it this way, I would rather experience a 15 minute rape than 15 years in prison if I had to choose one.
Only logical to equate the two if you’re already accustomed to always giving the accused the benefit of the doubt. Or else you’d have enough perspective to realize the cases of lying are few and far between, really statistically insignificant.

To you guys, every rape case is a coin flip. Such a warped view.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Thought not. Accuse me of being a creep and a scumbag and refuse to provide any context to your reasoning for the accusation. Leftism 101.

Debate it or quit bitching.
No, I was doing you a favor but you never know when to shut up and leave something alone, you just drone on and on. Leave me out of it, this is your mess.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Dream wrote:
Foo wrote:Can you imagine someone falsely accusing you of raping their child? Or raping them as a child?

i can and it would suck, but I think you're putting a lot of stock in a false accusation vs the actual guilt of having done something wrong. If I'm innocent and I know I'm innocent, it would not bother me, maybe it's cause I've lived it, but thinking about that doesn't make me think I would kill myself. It makes me think I would want to prove I was innocent. If I was guilty, yeah, I'd probably contemplate suicide pretty heavily at such an accusation.

Can you imagine being called a lying slut for rightfully accusing such behavior as a child? Or being told that you can't make an accusation because it would ruin his reputation and make people not trust you? Or being told you're better off staying quiet because you'll have to answer invasive and embarrassing questions in public? Or being told you waited too long to speak up? Or being told no one is going to believe you because you didn't fight him? Or being told you'll embarrass the family if you acknowledge it in any way? Or that you deserved it for wearing a dress? Or you're simply laughed at?
Not saying being raped is not horrible.

People respond to things differently. It is why two soldiers can serve side by side, one comes back healthy and well adjusted and the other has crippling ptsd.

Being raped and the false accusation of rape both carry emotional trauma that can last long beyond the moment. I see it as being just as bad because to me, being called a rapist would be worse than being raped. To you, it might be the reverse.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Actually, I think it’s very fair to say many people are more outraged by the few cases of liars being exposed than they are about rape. There is always plenty of outrage about each individual case of that nature, usually that’s the only time those people have anything to say about rape cases.

Wonder why those people don’t express similar outrage about how rare incarceration is for actual rapists. Very strange indeed.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:

Only logical to equate the two if you’re already accustomed to always giving the accused the benefit of the doubt. Or else you’d have enough perspective to realize the cases of lying are few and far between, really statistically insignificant.

I have a broader definition of rape than most, and advocate for victims of rape more than most because of that.

What do statistics have to do with this? It does happen. Are we supposed to suspend the notion of innocence until proven guilty because you say an alleged victim lying is rare?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:Actually, I think it’s very fair to say many people are more outraged by the few cases of liars being exposed than they are about rape. There is always plenty of outrage about each individual case of that nature, usually that’s the only time those people have anything to say about rape cases.

Wonder why those people don’t express similar outrage about how rare incarceration is for actual rapists. Very strange indeed.
Clearly me saying being accused of rape would be just about the worst thing in the world and would have me contemplating suicide shows I am super supportive of rapists. Sweet logic there.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I have a broader definition of rape than most, and advocate for victims of rape more than most because of that.

What do statistics have to do with this? It does happen. Are we supposed to suspend the notion of innocence until proven guilty because you say an alleged victim lying is rare?
You are just as concerned with something that rarely happens and has no physical ramifications as you are something that occurs with horrifying frequency. The prioritization is bizarre.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Actually, I think it’s very fair to say many people are more outraged by the few cases of liars being exposed than they are about rape. There is always plenty of outrage about each individual case of that nature, usually that’s the only time those people have anything to say about rape cases.

Clearly me saying being accused of rape would be just about the worst thing in the world and would have me contemplating suicide shows I am super supportive of rapists. Sweet logic there.
I wasn’t talking about you. If the shoe fits go ahead and wear it, but I wasn’t talking about you.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

You are just as concerned with something that rarely happens and has no physical ramifications as you are something that occurs with horrifying frequency. The prioritization is bizarre.
Pretty sure being jailed is a physical ramification. Also, I am more emotionally vulnerable than physically vulnerable.

School shootings are also rare when you consider all the schools in the country multiplied by the number of school days. Should we just ignore the statistically rare school shooting?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Hell, I wasn't talking about anyone here. There was no passive aggressive call out in that post, I am a frequenter of the internet beyond HMF and see enough comment sections to make me want to shoot myself.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Pretty sure being jailed is a physical ramification. Also, I am more emotionally vulnerable than physically vulnerable.

School shootings are also rare when you consider all the schools in the country multiplied by the number of school days. Should we just ignore the statistically rare school shooting?
If you think you wouldn't suffer any emotional trauma from being raped, you are kidding yourself.

I would suggest avoiding comparisons to events where people die en masse, but your call.