Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by showa58taro »

W? What did he do?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Trump is fucked. He can't fire Mueller but he can't do nothing either and anything he does now to save himself can screw him later too. Meanwhile the idiot has spent time feuding with and alienating senators he'd need the support of in a future impeachment trial. McCain, Collins, Murkowski and Graham look like locks to turn on him. Really, if it gets to that point, everyone will turn on him.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Pence can do most of the things I voted for Trump to do just more professionally and without the drama and fucking tweets. Everything has a silver lining.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:Trump is fucked. He can't fire Mueller but he can't do nothing either and anything he does now to save himself can screw him later too. Meanwhile the idiot has spent time feuding with and alienating senators he'd need the support of in a future impeachment trial. McCain, Collins, Murkowski and Graham look like locks to turn on him. Really, if it gets to that point, everyone will turn on him.
The establishment triangle of the GOP Establishment, Dems, and Media will do anything to stay in power. They don't have to turn on Trump, as they were never on his side.

These are all the same people calling for him to step down when he was nominated. The same people pushing the notion of unfaithful delegates, the same people trying to go to any length to snoop around to find a crime to impeach.

Every single one of them is Un-American as they want to undermine our Democracy. Collins and Murkowski voted to repeal Obamacare while Obama was in office because it looked good and there was no chance of change. Then they vote against opening the debate for repeal when there is an actual chance to change it. They are crooks and frauds.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Trump is fucked. He can't fire Mueller but he can't do nothing either and anything he does now to save himself can screw him later too. Meanwhile the idiot has spent time feuding with and alienating senators he'd need the support of in a future impeachment trial. McCain, Collins, Murkowski and Graham look like locks to turn on him. Really, if it gets to that point, everyone will turn on him.
The establishment triangle of the GOP Establishment, Dems, and Media will do anything to stay in power. They don't have to turn on Trump, as they were never on his side.

These are all the same people calling for him to step down when he was nominated. The same people pushing the notion of unfaithful delegates, the same people trying to go to any length to snoop around to find a crime to impeach.

Every single one of them is Un-American as they want to undermine our Democracy. Collins and Murkowski voted to repeal Obamacare while Obama was in office because it looked good and there was no chance of change. Then they vote against opening the debate for repeal when there is an actual chance to change it. They are crooks and frauds.
What could be more American than doing what is right for your country? I thought you were all about patriotism.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

What could be more American than doing what is right for your country? I thought you were all about patriotism.
Patriotism like a third world dictatorship. Everything is good as long as they get to pre-select your choices. They have been attacking our democracy ever since Trump became a real threat to get the nomination.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

They're not undermining democracy so much as cleaning up a mess. Trump was voted in as a "fuck you" to the establishment and nothing more. If voters want to monkey around with elections and vote for loudmouth fools who don't know anything, there are plenty of countries that would cater to that kind of nonsense. Ours should not be one, however.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:Pence can do most of the things I voted for Trump to do just more professionally and without the drama and fucking tweets. Everything has a silver lining.
Just being boring will be a benefit to everyone. You have to think the GOP had Trump being out at some point in mind when they decided on Pence, who is about as ordinary and run of the mill of a Republican politician as it gets.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i don't like this democracy doesn't count when i don't like the results, that seems to be going around in this thread now. trump may be bad, but he's still the president. saying that the people voted him for the wrong reasons, doesn't change the fact that it was their choice to make. it was their vote.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:They're not undermining democracy so much as cleaning up a mess. Trump was voted in as a "fuck you" to the establishment and nothing more. If voters want to monkey around with elections and vote for loudmouth fools who don't know anything, there are plenty of countries that would cater to that kind of nonsense. Ours should not be one, however.
Do you believe yourself to be so intellectually superior that you get to decide and dismiss voter motivations? Does your vote count more than mine because you deem yourself to be smarter?

What if the establishment decided to remove a winner because he is black, and the only reason he won is because black people voted for him at a 95% rate?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:i don't like this democracy doesn't count when i don't like the results, that seems to be going around in this thread now. trump may be bad, but he's still the president. saying that the people voted him for the wrong reasons, doesn't change the fact that it was their choice to make. it was their vote.
Okay? Trump is not being investigated just for winning an election, so what are you even talking about?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:They're not undermining democracy so much as cleaning up a mess. Trump was voted in as a "fuck you" to the establishment and nothing more. If voters want to monkey around with elections and vote for loudmouth fools who don't know anything, there are plenty of countries that would cater to that kind of nonsense. Ours should not be one, however.
Do you believe yourself to be so intellectually superior that you get to decide and dismiss voter motivations? Does your vote count more than mine because you deem yourself to be smarter?

What if the establishment decided to remove a winner because he is black, and the only reason he won is because black people voted for him at a 95% rate?
Vote better next time, Foo.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:i don't like this democracy doesn't count when i don't like the results, that seems to be going around in this thread now. trump may be bad, but he's still the president. saying that the people voted him for the wrong reasons, doesn't change the fact that it was their choice to make. it was their vote.
Okay? Trump is not being investigated just for winning an election, so what are you even talking about?
ORLY? Would he be the subject of an investigation like this had he not won? Would there be a wild with hunt because Jeff Sessions met with a Russian ambassador in the course of his job in congress? (HINT: ambassadors are allowed to be here to meet with lawmakers)
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
ORLY? Would he be the subject of an investigation like this had he not won? Would there be a wild with hunt because Jeff Sessions met with a Russian ambassador in the course of his job in congress? (HINT: ambassadors are allowed to be here to meet with lawmakers)
Whatever you need to say to convince yourself, man. You should appeal directly to the grand jury and save your president!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
not talking about the investigation. but i'm also not interested in starting a fight.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

Vote better next time, Foo.
My fiance is from Venezuela. They recently got to pick from a set of leaders the dictator pre-selected for them. Is that where you want to go?

Look at the Democrats. They determined 8 years ago that Hillary Clinton was going to be the next president. The only wrinkle in that plan was Donald Trump talking directly to the people. Without his rallies and social media, he would have been marginalized, removed from televised debates, etc.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Whatever you need to say to convince yourself, man. You should appeal directly to the grand jury and save your president!
I am not the one trying to convince myself that our elected president is somehow not eligible to be president. That is a disconnect from reality.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
not talking about the investigation. but i'm also not interested in starting a fight.
It was a completely irrelevant point to make because nobody suggested that Trump should be removed just because he won. That doesn't mean I can't be critical of the people who did vote for him, it's a free country. You are just trying to cover all the bases here, but you don't need to.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I am not the one trying to convince myself that our elected president is somehow not eligible to be president. That is a disconnect from reality.
Is the grand jury fake news, Foo?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
It was a completely irrelevant point to make because nobody suggested that Trump should be removed just because he won. That doesn't mean I can't be critical of the people who did vote for him, it's a free country. You are just trying to cover all the bases here, but you don't need to.
cover all the bases, in what way? maybe my reaction was misplaced, but it didn't seem to be.