Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:It is worse to have protests during COVID. But it also is needed. There was no good outcome.
Hitting the filthy streets to spread disease is needed. I can think of some things that are needed.
It was time for this country to stand up and say fuck the police. Generations overdue.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And no it’s not just some “bad apples”. The entire institution is rotten to the core. Shoot first culture. Overly militarized. Tons of wife beaters. Tons of white supremacists. Protected by unions that are corrupt as fuck.

Fuck them. They brought this on themselves. Let the drug offenders out and put all these pieces of shit behind bars. In gen pop.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:It is worse to have protests during COVID. But it also is needed. There was no good outcome.
Hitting the filthy streets to spread disease is needed. I can think of some things that are needed.
It was time for this country to stand up and say fuck the police. Generations overdue.
Becoming all Ice Cube in your old age. I dig it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Fuck the police.
Marry the firemen.
Kill the paramedics.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

George Bush refuses to endorse Donald Trump. Excellent! Trump earns more votes in November!

I hope the lunatic leftists keep pushing for defunding the police. If they suggest it, militias form. If they're actually successful, the militias get a hell of a lot bigger. No surprise that the left tends not to think things through before suggesting such moronic shit. Politically, they're not winning on this issue, anyway. Hate to break it to the lunatics, but this is actually not a popular idea outside of fuckin' twitter. Lol.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

hey, jason. could you give some sources on claims you've made a few pages back? in the interest of not propogating fake news. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah I’m curious about the totally real video of dead George Floyd coming back to life in the cop car.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
We should have listened to them.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/87327831 ... ium=social

From NPR. Antifa is the right's new boogeyman.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

There’s more evidence of law enforcement saboteurs causing problems than Antifa.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Family friend and former client (embarrassed to say) went viral in my town for following a teenage girl with a BLM sticker on her car home and harassing her. I wondered how his racist ass was going to react to recent events. He ain’t even the subtle kind of racist, it’s very open and in your face. Former South African special forces during apartheid.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
The problem is the tribalism governing reactions to both of these. I agree with you that for COVID it would be much better to stay home and continue he lockdown and to avoid transmission. I also agree that the situation in the US is absurd and untenable and that the police brutality and lack of proper accountability is insanely challenging and the protests give voice to this fact. For amending police brutality the marches and show of near universal condemnation are required.

I’d like to think acknowledging the tension between these two is ideologically consistent at least. The number of people who were outraged at the mere notion of staying home to prevent deaths as part of lockdown who are now saying that people must obey police orders and stay indoors is staggering. Equally true those who advocated the lockdown was paramount and then took to the street for George Floyd and don’t at least acknowledge that they may worsen COVID outcomes are being disingenuous.

It still needs to be addressed, it’s just tragic the human cost we may see.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Also, not for nothing here but defund the police is not a call to disband all police or remove ALL funding or else it’d be called Disband the Police. That’s not the demand or issue. Removing all police isn’t the point.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

But “defund police” will be a tough sell in an election year because it will be such an easy lie for Trump to exploit to his cult. He’ll present it as abolition and his cult will buy it, and maybe some middle of the road people too. If I’m the Democrats, I’m quietly working to reallocate resources in city budgets and chipping away at the blue wall that is police unions without making a big public scene about it. Don’t give Trump easy targets to exploit. Let him fuck up every day without creating distractions.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
The problem is the tribalism governing reactions to both of these. I agree with you that for COVID it would be much better to stay home and continue he lockdown and to avoid transmission. I also agree that the situation in the US is absurd and untenable and that the police brutality and lack of proper accountability is insanely challenging and the protests give voice to this fact. For amending police brutality the marches and show of near universal condemnation are required.

I’d like to think acknowledging the tension between these two is ideologically consistent at least. The number of people who were outraged at the mere notion of staying home to prevent deaths as part of lockdown who are now saying that people must obey police orders and stay indoors is staggering. Equally true those who advocated the lockdown was paramount and then took to the street for George Floyd and don’t at least acknowledge that they may worsen COVID outcomes are being disingenuous.

It still needs to be addressed, it’s just tragic the human cost we may see.
Lol, status quo. One side wants to meddle no matter when nor how, the other tends to want to keep things the same. You're getting that change you can believe in, broskis. *turns on news* Looking good.

Cost of life we may see? Dude, you can see the Corons coming out of some of these protesters like it's puff the magic dragon, the covid just simmering on the asphalt, it's everywhere. Which reminds, you know who also thinks infiltrating and packing in the ass-riddled streets to spread disease is needed? Rats. And I'll be damned if there aren't certain things you see... Welcome to the human race, so glad to be in this together.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

But when people wanted haircuts you shed tears for those heroes lmao
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I find the “look at this hypocrisy” nature of what political discussion is today to be so pointless and unproductive. It’s almost like you have two sides that value entirely different things, so everything is going to appear to be a double standard . . .
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

With the rioting largely over and protesters self-regulating, I guess Covid is the right’s new “hey everyone, look over there” to avoid acknowledging the actual problem. Kind of like how they used “the military” (who of course love being presented as a monolithic prop) and “the flag” for Kaepernick.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so seattle is going to hell. what does this do to help the cause of justice for black americans? help me to understand what the goal is, here?