Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

What we really need is more ghost stories about Antifa while a bunch of armed to the teeth lunatics fantasize about a second civil war. While the right cries for the poor police, they’ll conveniently ignore these right wing lunatics who actually murdered cops in the past couple weeks.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Indeed. I assume this is meant to elicit something but it feels like it’s just trying to act racist for racists sake. Oh well.
As if any of us ever suggested murderers shouldn’t be held to account. That’s exactly what this conversation is all about, murderers not being held to account because they’re cops.
Instead of shifting 100% focus on reconstructing the 0.01%... the world's tiniest house..., perhaps the left should focus just a little on the world's tallest skyscraper? Blacks out murder themselves at astronomical levels, Blacks out murder white at astronomical levels, black men, despite making up 6-7% of the population are responsible for most murders in this country. People pretending to be superheroes and blame whitey need to get a grasp on reality. And also get real life black friends.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... able-6.xls

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I can imagine what these literal white knights would do if robbed at gun point by a black man, fresh out of prison for the 80th time. "Here you go, bro. Take my wallet. Take everything. You deserve it. I'm not even gonna report you to the police because they might arrest you wrongfully like they always do. I love you, bro. Be my homie, pal?"
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I’ve been outspoken against the problems that stem from housing discrimination for a long time. Dumb racist right wingers scream Chicago Chicago Chicago but not one of them actually gives a fuck about what’s happening there so I’m not going to care even a little bit what they have to say. It only matters to them insofar as being a deflective tool so they can ignore the problems brought to their attention. Housing discrimination is far and away the #1 reason you have places like South Side Chicago becoming apartheid war zones.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:I’ve been outspoken against the problems that stem from housing discrimination for a long time. Dumb racist right wingers scream Chicago Chicago Chicago but not one of them actually gives a fuck about what’s happening there so I’m not going to care even a little bit what they have to say. It only matters to them insofar as being a deflective tool so they can ignore the problems brought to their attention. Housing discrimination is far and away the #1 reason you have places like South Side Chicago becoming apartheid war zones.
Easy solution: Stop voting Democrat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

People really need to ask themselves why people commit crimes in the first place. From there, work your way backwards. People with even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity will find the origins of these crime-ridden places to be eye-opening and a black mark on this country’s history. It really didn’t have to be this way.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:People really need to ask themselves why people commit crimes in the first place. From there, work your way backwards. People with even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity will find the origins of these crime-ridden places to be eye-opening and a black mark on this country’s history. It really didn’t have to be this way.
The answer is staring everyone in the face. Democrats love keeping people in poverty and do not want other parties helping their victims. They want blacks to live off the government, essentially crippling them, then they can pander and offer government aid in order to get their vote. 75% of black families do not have a father figure. The vast majority of crime are caused by men who grow up without a father in their lives. And it is overwhelming among black families.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: despite making up 6-7% of the population
*13.4%
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
*13.4%
Your percentage includes women.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
*13.4%
oh, you're right. i missed the "men" part of the percentage. my mistake.

but it is percentages in a vacuum, though. raw numbers with no context or history.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Little exercise here: You’re part of a migrant caravan of blacks moving from the Jim Crow South into Chicago. While White America builds its post WW2 fortune, redlining and other racist policies deny black people their share. So what happens when your migrant caravan (who are really refugees from terror) start moving in? White people move out. Remember they got all the benefits of New Deal policies and were able to ride the post-war boom, so you have a real functional middle class built by the government to sustain these people and give them the ability to live comfortably and pass down some level of generational wealth. Your migrant caravan has jack shit. You likely come from a line of sharecroppers (basically slaves) descended from actual slaves. So all the tax dollars in South Side move out to get away from the black people moving in who have virtually nothing.

What happens? First they build a freeway right over your neighborhood so white people never have to see your part of the city. They can get from the suburbs to downtown without ever interacting with that community. You are effectively cut off from the rest of the city and your tax dollars can’t subsidize shit. So you get the worst of all accommodations. Bad schools. Bad jobs. Low access to transportation. How do you expect to grow a business in an Apartheid community where most people are broke? Considering all these factors, how could you ever expect the community to uplift itself? And when people are desperate and stuck, you get crime and the business opportunities that come with it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
*13.4%
oh, you're right. i missed the "men" part of the percentage. my mistake.

but it is percentages in a vacuum, though. raw numbers with no context or history.
People in social sciences will tell you raw data is never enough. How do you account for historical factors, things like fear that are passed down over generations?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Headhunter wrote:Little exercise here: You’re part of a migrant caravan of blacks moving from the Jim Crow South into Chicago. While White America builds its post WW2 fortune, redlining and other racist policies deny black people their share. So what happens when your migrant caravan (who are really refugees from terror) start moving in? White people move out. Remember they got all the benefits of New Deal policies and were able to ride the post-war boom, so you have a real functional middle class built by the government to sustain these people and give them the ability to live comfortably and pass down some level of generational wealth. Your migrant caravan has jack shit. You likely come from a line of sharecroppers (basically slaves) descended from actual slaves. So all the tax dollars in South Side move out to get away from the black people moving in who have virtually nothing.

What happens? First they build a freeway right over your neighborhood so white people never have to see your part of the city. They can get from the suburbs to downtown without ever interacting with that community. You are effectively cut off from the rest of the city and your tax dollars can’t subsidize shit. So you get the worst of all accommodations. Bad schools. Bad jobs. Low access to transportation. How do you expect to grow a business in an Apartheid community where most people are broke? Considering all these factors, how could you ever expect the community to uplift itself? And when people are desperate and stuck, you get crime and the business opportunities that come with it.
What does this lead to? The philosophically bankrupt War on Drugs that discriminated heavily against African-American communities, in part a political maneuver by the Nixon administration in the backdrop of Vietnam, Civil Rights, women’s rights etc. protests. And the tension is amplified by the already hostile relations between the community and police. Why does that tense relationship exist? Because when white people got the hell out of Dodge and left the South Side to the black community, the police ran roughshod over them in an era where blatant racist policing went unpunished. The police had no fear of accountability and black people had no voices in society to defend themselves from it. Police viewed them as animals and treated them like animals.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I have zero interest in arguing with people who have no appreciation for context and history on this issue but are always the quickest to ask the black community why all their shit is broken.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Why did the Irish, Italians and Jews form the largest organized crimes networks? Because when they came to America, they were discriminated against, denied accommodations and not protected by law enforcement. Poverty in this country is an endless cycle of getting shit on by everyone and everything. Crime becomes your way out. This should all be so fucking obvious to people.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Why did the Irish, Italians and Jews form the largest organized crimes networks? Because when they came to America, they were discriminated against, denied accommodations and not protected by law enforcement. Poverty in this country is an endless cycle of getting shit on by everyone and everything. Crime becomes your way out. This should all be so fucking obvious to people.
This is true. And so obvious. I agree that Dems havent done a lot in my lifetime for the black communities. But neither has Republicans. Since Reagan, we've had 4 Republicans. Same results.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Why did the Irish, Italians and Jews form the largest organized crimes networks? Because when they came to America, they were discriminated against, denied accommodations and not protected by law enforcement. Poverty in this country is an endless cycle of getting shit on by everyone and everything. Crime becomes your way out. This should all be so fucking obvious to people.
This is true. And so obvious. I agree that Dems havent done a lot in my lifetime for the black communities. But neither has Republicans. Since Reagan, we've had 4 Republicans. Same results.
Should say including Reagan. Not since.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The idea that Democrats haven’t done enough or prioritized the wrong things is a fair criticism. The idea that fucking Republicans would make anything better is stupid beyond belief. Republican policies exist to benefit rich people. They don’t care about anything else. Period.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Guns are absolutely wonderful.