Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Wonder if you guys would call black people racist who found that pic I posted to be funny.
racist would be lumping all black americans together, as if they don't have their own individual points of view or politics or senses of humor. yes, some can be assholes.
Correct!
this is not a revelation. :P
For some, it is. For some, they'd rather be angry and shake fists at the clouds. Ain't nobody got time to dat
well, then don't respond if you don't have time for a discussion with people who have a different world view.
It's more than "different world view" in this thread. You know it.
posting a pic of a guy murdered by police, just to cause a reaction is more than different world view. what you and head are doing to each other is more than that too.

but most of us genuinely just want to discuss and debate and try to understand where the rest of us are coming from.
I’m open to share my insights and talk about the real issues. I don’t respond to Jason’s actual political takes anymore because it’s all crazy bullshit. Everyone else at least exists on this plane of reality. I like to bring as much context and history to these discussions as possible. There’s not much discussion to be had when you’re painted as a cop hater who condones riots, then mocked as some elitist for pushing back on those accusations. Never really had that problem talking to you though.
"I'm such a victim! Can't take when the guy I throw shade at on the daily hits back!"

Join Antifa. You're a shoe in.
Throw shade on the daily? I’ve ignored you for a while, until today when you decided to announce your racism as some joke that nobody found funny. You’re a racist piece of shit who wanted the attention and blowback for posting it. You got it.
"I am never ever ever ever going to respond to you again. Where's my safe space?!"

That lasted... how many days?...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: I’m open to share my insights and talk about the real issues. I don’t respond to Jason’s actual political takes anymore because it’s all crazy bullshit. Everyone else at least exists on this plane of reality. I like to bring as much context and history to these discussions as possible. There’s not much discussion to be had when you’re painted as a cop hater who condones riots, then mocked as some elitist for pushing back on those accusations. Never really had that problem talking to you though.
yeah, i get that. you're either a "cop hater" or you "don't care about people". judgments come quick in political discussions. i fuck up sometimes too. i just want to try to keep things as civil as they can be, when actual discussion is being attempted.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Wonder if you guys would call black people racist who found that pic I posted to be funny.
racist would be lumping all black americans together, as if they don't have their own individual points of view or politics or senses of humor. yes, some can be assholes.
Correct!
For some, it is. For some, they'd rather be angry and shake fists at the clouds. Ain't nobody got time to dat
well, then don't respond if you don't have time for a discussion with people who have a different world view.
posting a pic of a guy murdered by police, just to cause a reaction is more than different world view. what you and head are doing to each other is more than that too.

but most of us genuinely just want to discuss and debate and try to understand where the rest of us are coming from.
I’m open to share my insights and talk about the real issues. I don’t respond to Jason’s actual political takes anymore because it’s all crazy bullshit. Everyone else at least exists on this plane of reality. I like to bring as much context and history to these discussions as possible. There’s not much discussion to be had when you’re painted as a cop hater who condones riots, then mocked as some elitist for pushing back on those accusations. Never really had that problem talking to you though.
"I'm such a victim! Can't take when the guy I throw shade at on the daily hits back!"

Throw shade on the daily? I’ve ignored you for a while, until today when you decided to announce your racism as some joke that nobody found funny. You’re a racist piece of shit who wanted the attention and blowback for posting it. You got it.
"I am never ever ever ever going to respond to you again. Where's my safe space?!"

Who else am I going to talk to if I want to fuck your girlfriend’s mouth? Be useful.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Correct!

Who else am I going to do talk to if I want to fuck your girlfriend’s mouth? Be useful.
She's not into Antifa-loving, white-knight, soyboy virgins with nothing but contempt for society because they can't take personal responsibility. You don't stand a chance.

Try AOC, homie. Or did she reject you too? Lmao
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Indeed. I assume this is meant to elicit something but it feels like it’s just trying to act racist for racists sake. Oh well.
As if any of us ever suggested murderers shouldn’t be held to account. That’s exactly what this conversation is all about, murderers not being held to account because they’re cops.
I'm sorry you guys didn't get your unsolicited NWA echo chamber. That's never been my bag. 9 out of 10 of my experiences with cops has been positive, uplifting even. I've witnessed good ones do their job, save lives, get the riff raff off the street. But I'm just me with my own experiences. I'm not stopping you disease spreading white knights, go save the world.
As you were self-aware enough to point out, that’s a very myopic view.

I’m good, who cares about anyone else. How do you pretend to care about your countrymen with a mentality like that? You might as well take a shit on the flag.
Countrymen. Lol, If I care about you, you'll know.
So why do you conservatives go on these platitudes about the flag and other symbolic crap? Is that what patriotism is? Empty gestures?
What is kneeling? But an empty gesture of symbolic crap. I'm a regular guy, I stood up and did the pledge of allegiance at school. I'm not military, it doesn't necessarily mean anything to me. But I can see bullshit a mile away, and I'm not gonna eat your shit sandwich, feast all you want.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Indeed. I assume this is meant to elicit something but it feels like it’s just trying to act racist for racists sake. Oh well.
As if any of us ever suggested murderers shouldn’t be held to account. That’s exactly what this conversation is all about, murderers not being held to account because they’re cops.
I'm sorry you guys didn't get your unsolicited NWA echo chamber. That's never been my bag. 9 out of 10 of my experiences with cops has been positive, uplifting even. I've witnessed good ones do their job, save lives, get the riff raff off the street. But I'm just me with my own experiences. I'm not stopping you disease spreading white knights, go save the world.

I’m good, who cares about anyone else. How do you pretend to care about your countrymen with a mentality like that? You might as well take a shit on the flag.
So why do you conservatives go on these platitudes about the flag and other symbolic crap? Is that what patriotism is? Empty gestures?
What is kneeling? But an empty gesture of symbolic crap. I'm a regular guy, I stood up and did the pledge of allegiance at school. I'm not military, it doesn't necessarily mean anything to me. But I can see bullshit a mile away, and I'm not gonna eat your shit sandwich, feast all you want.
Win.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote: I’m open to share my insights and talk about the real issues. I don’t respond to Jason’s actual political takes anymore because it’s all crazy bullshit. Everyone else at least exists on this plane of reality. I like to bring as much context and history to these discussions as possible. There’s not much discussion to be had when you’re painted as a cop hater who condones riots, then mocked as some elitist for pushing back on those accusations. Never really had that problem talking to you though.
yeah, i get that. you're either a "cop hater" or you "don't care about people". judgments come quick in political discussions. i fuck up sometimes too. i just want to try to keep things as civil as they can be, when actual discussion is being attempted.
Most of the actual discussion is civil even if it gets testy. Jason and I don’t talk politics, we just rip each other.

My point was that some people only view their civic responsibility as to the people they know and are related to, and how that isn’t the same thing as caring about your country as a whole. Didn’t even make a moral judgment as it’s all philosophical differences, I just find it odd when those people are the first to wrap themselves in a flag that represents hundreds of millions of people.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

The kneeling in itself was to call attention to the issues. You yourself said you respected Brandon Marshall for walking the walk after kneeling. Kaep and many other NFL guys did the same. That means something. How do you think their civic contributions compare to the average so-called patriot who boos them for kneeling?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: Most of the actual discussion is civil even if it gets testy. Jason and I don’t talk politics, we just rip each other.

My point was that some people only view their civic responsibility as to the people they know and are related to, and how that isn’t the same thing as caring about your country as a whole. Didn’t even make a moral judgment as it’s all philosophical differences, I just find it odd when those people are the first to wrap themselves in a flag that represents hundreds of millions of people.
i got what you were saying. even conservatives can virtue signal. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Correct!

Who else am I going to do talk to if I want to fuck your girlfriend’s mouth? Be useful.
She's not into Antifa-loving, white-knight, soyboy virgins with nothing but contempt for society because they can't take personal responsibility. You don't stand a chance.

Can’t take personal responsibility? You’re a complete loser who does nothing but whine and cry about how little he’s done with his life and how miserable he is and it’s always everyone else’s fault. When I need change, I don’t cry to the internet. I make it happen.

Do us a favor: when this relationship falls apart as she inevitably sees what an empty vessel of a human you are, spare us your creepy rambling thoughts about it. And leave her alone when she calls it quits.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Most of the actual discussion is civil even if it gets testy. Jason and I don’t talk politics, we just rip each other.

My point was that some people only view their civic responsibility as to the people they know and are related to, and how that isn’t the same thing as caring about your country as a whole. Didn’t even make a moral judgment as it’s all philosophical differences, I just find it odd when those people are the first to wrap themselves in a flag that represents an hundreds of millions of people.
America has been pretty good to me. I want that to be true for everyone. Could have built an incredible society but blew a lot of that money in military conquest and helping the richest people save. Twisted priorities.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

My point was that some people only view their civic responsibility as to the people they know and are related to, and how that isn’t the same thing as caring about your country as a whole. Didn’t even make a moral judgment as it’s all philosophical differences, I just find it odd when those people are the first to wrap themselves in a flag that represents an hundreds of millions of people.
America has been pretty good to me. I want that to be true for everyone. Could have built an incredible society but blew a lot of that money in military conquest and helping the richest people save. Twisted priorities.
it's never gonna be an incredible society. people are pretty shitty on the whole. but hopefully we can come to a place where people aren't treated as shitty, because of the way they were born. or for the religion that they were raised into.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

To be clear, my issue with the anti-kneelers wasn’t that they found it disrespectful. People are going to have different opinions. A lot of vets found it disrespectful, a lot of vets supported it. That should have been all there was to it. The problem was how that conversation was deliberately used to obscure the conversation from the issue of police brutality. It wasn’t right to drown that conversation out and make all of it about patriotism, that right there was bullshit. And the country has largely come that realization. Roughly 25% of the country changed their minds on Kaepernick, which is insane for such a short amount of my time.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

it's never gonna be an incredible society. people are pretty shitty on the whole. but hopefully we can come to a place where people aren't treated as shitty, because of the way they were born. or for the religion that they were raised into.
Now I think we’re too far behind a lot of the world and too ideologically removed from a lot of solutions. I just can’t help but think of the decades of anti-Communist warfare and intelligence gathering all over the planet and think about what this country could have grown to be if that money had been re-directed into serving the people. Infrastructure. Transportation. Battling poverty. This country blew a lot of money on shit that didn’t make the world any better and didn’t serve its citizens.

A lot of people would say I’m unpatriotic for saying that. Not supporting the troops or whatever.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Correct!

Can’t take personal responsibility? You’re a complete loser who does nothing but whine and cry about how little he’s done with his life and how miserable he is and it’s always everyone else’s fault. When I need change, I don’t cry to the internet. I make it happen.

Do us a favor: when this relationship falls apart as she inevitably sees what an empty vessel of a human you are, spare us your creepy rambling thoughts about it. And leave her alone when she calls it quits.
You followed my random chat posts. You clearly must have noticed that I mentioned I'm getting a job that pays more than double what I'm making now. I made this for myself, despite getting set back for 3 years medically and going through fluke emergency situations that nearly killed me. I'm making damn near 100k now and worked my ass off to get there. Gonna buy everyone on HMF a gift! :D which you are not exempt from, btw. I know you would never accept a gift from me, considering your awful interpretations of who I am, but despite everything I know everyone on this site are all good people, and the offer still stands even though you're a dick to me. I won't deny our history.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Correct!

You followed my random chat posts. You clearly must have noticed that I mentioned I'm getting a job that pays more than double what I'm making now. I made this for myself, despite getting set back for 3 years medically and going through fluke emergency situations that nearly killed me. I'm making damn near 100k now and worked my ass off to get there. Gonna buy everyone on HMF a gift! :D which you are not exempt from, btw. I know you would never accept a gift from me, considering your awful interpretations of who I am, but despite everything I know everyone on this site are all good people, and the offer still stands even though you're a dick to me. I won't deny our history.
Save your money and spend it on useful things like traveling and seeing the world you claim to know so much about.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: Now I think we’re too far behind a lot of the world and too ideologically removed from a lot of solutions. I just can’t help but think of the decades of anti-Communist warfare and intelligence gathering all over the planet and think about what this country could have grown to be if that money had been re-directed into serving the people. Infrastructure. Transportation. Battling poverty. This country blew a lot of money on shit that didn’t make the world any better and didn’t serve its citizens.

A lot of people would say I’m unpatriotic for saying that. Not supporting the troops or whatever.
enh. "supporting the troops" is only one way to be patriotic. and it is often used as a weapon against people when you want to shut them up.

things can always be adjusted. or else protest really is pointless. and maybe it is. but i want to be optimistic that improvement is possible. it's probably take more than "adjustment" but i don't want to lose some of the things that we have, at the same time. "have the cake and eat it too" is pretty unrealistic, at this point, i know.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Gonna buy everyone on HMF a gift! :D
i'd prefer you leave me out of the "everyone", and use that money for yourself or your girlfriend, or something.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Now I think we’re too far behind a lot of the world and too ideologically removed from a lot of solutions. I just can’t help but think of the decades of anti-Communist warfare and intelligence gathering all over the planet and think about what this country could have grown to be if that money had been re-directed into serving the people. Infrastructure. Transportation. Battling poverty. This country blew a lot of money on shit that didn’t make the world any better and didn’t serve its citizens.

enh. "supporting the troops" is only one way to be patriotic. and it is often used as a weapon against people when you want to shut them up.

things can always be adjusted. or else protest really is pointless. and maybe it is. but i want to be optimistic that improvement is possible. it's probably take more than "adjustment" but i don't want to lose some of the things that we have, at the same time. "have the cake and eat it too" is pretty unrealistic, at this point, i know.
It deeply bothers me that some of the most staunch “support the troops” people don’t give a damn about those troops when they’re struggling on our streets, drug addicted and PTSD-ridden. Republicans frequently gut funding for veterans but hide behind these grandiose displays of military power. It’s bullshit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Correct!

Save your money and spend it on useful things like traveling and seeing the world you claim to know so much about.
Milady grew up in Europe and says I have pretty good gauge of what it's like there. We're going next year. I'll buy you a Prague magnet. :geek: