What are you watching?

You can talk about anything here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: What are you watching?

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Getting ready to join in on a twitter watch party of The Suicide Squad with James Gunn
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Avenging Angel- 1985

Haven't seen this one since I was a teen. We watched the first Angel movie a month ago. I'm introducing Amber to this series.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Lethal Weapon 2
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Lethal Weapon 3
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Lethal Weapon 4

(I did watch the first first, I just neglected to post it)
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Elvira's 40th Anniversary Special on Shudder
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Squid Game. It's like a serialized version of a killer game show film. Basically, a bunch of people are forced to play games and the losers are killed. It is a bit more gameshow-like, in that there is prize money involved, and the "contestants" have the option to leave if there's a majority vote. It's a bit more well thought out than all that, but it gets the point across. Only a few episodes in, but it's pretty good. Should finish it tomorrow, so I'll update this if it turns to shit.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Happy you're taking the leap. I saw it advertised on Netflix, and was considering giving it a shot, but I wanted someone's take before I did. I'll see if you keep enjoying it, and if so, I may give it a watch myself.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:Happy you're taking the leap. I saw it advertised on Netflix, and was considering giving it a shot, but I wanted someone's take before I did. I'll see if you keep enjoying it, and if so, I may give it a watch myself.
Said fuck it and finished it today. It was good. The last episode is kinda iffy(there's a predictable twist, followed by a questionable ending), but it's a fun watch. Good variety of characters, obvious good guys, obvious bad guys, a couple annoying fuckers. The games are mostly kids games from korea, so nothing I was familiar with. Only the second to last game is just plain fucked, and not based on any real shit(or if it does have a real life corollary, I'm not aware of it). There are a couple side plots that don't really go anywhere, but they make sense for what's going on. Overall, while it's not really anything new, it's a decent show and kept me interested throughout.

*Edit: Also, it has a dub or subtitles. I didn't notice the option to switch to korean until a couple minutes into the first episode, so it might improve, but the dub sounded like shit.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Happy you're taking the leap. I saw it advertised on Netflix, and was considering giving it a shot, but I wanted someone's take before I did. I'll see if you keep enjoying it, and if so, I may give it a watch myself.
Said fuck it and finished it today. It was good. The last episode is kinda iffy(there's a predictable twist, followed by a questionable ending), but it's a fun watch. Good variety of characters, obvious good guys, obvious bad guys, a couple annoying fuckers. The games are mostly kids games from korea, so nothing I was familiar with. Only the second to last game is just plain fucked, and not based on any real shit(or if it does have a real life corollary, I'm not aware of it). There are a couple side plots that don't really go anywhere, but they make sense for what's going on. Overall, while it's not really anything new, it's a decent show and kept me interested throughout.
Interesting. After October's over, I'll probably take the time to give this a look. Thanks.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

watching Valley of the Zombies (1946).

First of three horror films I want to watch before October, this is one I've heard of plenty of times before, but never seen. It's hard to go too wrong with older horror, and as this one's just 56 minutes, it's digestible. Pretty decent so far, and some quality snappy dialogue.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Slasher. Anthology series of slashers. So far season one has been boring as fuck. It's got some Silence of the Lambs bullshit going on, but the Clarice role is just the daughter of one his old victims...and she's not the brightest. No one is interesting enough to care about, and everyone is kinda shitty anyway. The whole mystery of who the killer is isn't even present, honestly, as I just don't care. Gonna finish this shit, but the next season damn well better be an improvement or I'm done.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I think I've seen Slasher as a thumbnail but never ventured into it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Slasher. Finished season one. Episodes 1-4 were crap. Episodes 5-6 dealt with a subplot that had nothing to do with anything, but were the best episodes. Final episode was silly as hell, not in a good way. Starting season two tomorrow. Here's hoping they learned from their mistakes.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Slasher season two. Better than the first, still not great, but I wasn't bored. There was one decent person in the show, which is one more than the first season. The "twist" reveal in the last episode is blatantly obvious from the very first episode, so not much of a reveal. The only real reveal was the why. Maybe next season they'll work out some more of the kinks.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Slasher season three. Halfway through and it's not obvious who the killer is, so that's a plus. It's focused on showing how shitty social media is, though, so that's kinda annoying. Also, either there's two killers, or the show said fuck it with continuity, since the killer was at a school avoiding the police in one scene, but minutes later was in someone's apartment.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Slasher season four. A family of rich cunts starts getting killed off on an island. Shit gets fucked in the sixth episode. Fucking crazy little girl. Also, Cronenberg is in it as the patriarch of the family. Huge improvement on the gore this season.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Last episode had some questionable choices(i.e. things happened for no other reason than the plot demanded it), but it was one of the better seasons.