What are you watching?

You can talk about anything here
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Warning. Decided to watch this when the trailer looked interesting, but I couldn't tell what was going on. I'm halfway through the film now and still have no idea what's going on. I think this is one of those films that have no point.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Well that was a film? I guess? It had actors, there was dialogue, stuff kinda happened. The last line was funny, at least.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

There's Someone Inside Your House. Starts with a jump scare as soon as the opening logos are done. Fuck this movie.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Started out shit, but got ok. There are a few things that happen that make fuckall sense(e.g. dude walking around with a fucking sword on his back through a crowd of people and past security without anyone batting a fucking eye, not to mention what they do with the car towards the end), and the reveal is heavy-handed as all hell, but it was ok.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Dune (2021)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finally getting around to watching Midnight Mass
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:Finally getting around to watching Midnight Mass
That was very entertaining especially the last couple episodes.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Season 1 episode 1 Chucky
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Free Guy
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:Free Guy
I should of seen this in theaters
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

The newer AHS. At least I think it is the newer one. The vamp one.
I like this one. Haven't had a season I liked in forever. Still doesn't top Season one but not bad.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I tired to give Dune a go. I guess I'm not smart enough, I like original shit, but I have no idea what this movie is on about.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Catching up on Walking Dead. Apparently I didn't actually finish season 10.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:I tired to give Dune a go. I guess I'm not smart enough, I like original shit, but I have no idea what this movie is on about.
Summary:

So there's this space empire with a few houses that kinda run their own planets. They invade this planet that has a thing called spice(that's really giant worm shit) that can somehow allow them to travel vast distances through space pretty much instantly. At the start, the planet is run by a house of warrior shitheads. The emperor has an issue with one of the other houses, so, in order to get rid of them, he has them take over operation on the desert planet. The shitheads leave everything a mess so the other guys will fail, giving the emperor reason to get rid of them. Shitheads team up with house crazy fuckers to wipe them out. They mostly succeed, but the heir happens to live. Turns out he's prophesized to lead the locals in a rebellion and take their planet back. He finally meets up with them at the end and will, presumably, lead the revolution in the sequel.

There's lots of fiddly bits, but that's the gist of it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I tired to give Dune a go. I guess I'm not smart enough, I like original shit, but I have no idea what this movie is on about.
Summary:

So there's this space empire with a few houses that kinda run their own planets. They invade this planet that has a thing called spice(that's really giant worm shit) that can somehow allow them to travel vast distances through space pretty much instantly. At the start, the planet is run by a house of warrior shitheads. The emperor has an issue with one of the other houses, so, in order to get rid of them, he has them take over operation on the desert planet. The shitheads leave everything a mess so the other guys will fail, giving the emperor reason to get rid of them. Shitheads team up with house crazy fuckers to wipe them out. They mostly succeed, but the heir happens to live. Turns out he's prophesized to lead the locals in a rebellion and take their planet back. He finally meets up with them at the end and will, presumably, lead the revolution in the sequel.

There's lots of fiddly bits, but that's the gist of it.
Well, that explains everything then! I think it was the point where I thought the spice was future crack rocks, but then it can make them do interstellar space travel as well, that I determined I need to be a lot more stoned/fucked up to watch this. :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:Well, that explains everything then! I think it was the point where I thought the spice was future crack rocks, but then it can make them do interstellar space travel as well, that I determined I need to be a lot more stoned/fucked up to watch this. :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Well, it kinda is? Being exposed to it turns your eyes blue. But it also has mind-altering effects, as well as turning you into a giant floating baby that shoots light out of its mouth if you take a shitload of it(see below, skip to the two minute mark).

Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Brooklyn Nine Nine (I think that is how it is spelled)

Really starting to get into this one. Terry Crews kills it in this. He makes me laugh. The episode where he was dieting and the one with his vasectomy were gold.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I've started binge watching History Buffs on youtube. Highly addictive.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Red Notice
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

The Hobbit trilogy