October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

"To Cliff Burton!" *Pours beer*

:D
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:All 3 main girls are hot, but I have obvious bias towards Daddario lol.

For the most part, they've done a better effort looking like the 80's than the Motley Crue movie :P
People dont know shit about the 80s. Everytime I go to a party and girls do the 80s theme thing....every fucking one of them has the sideways ponytail and neon leg warmers on. I was showing the kids some old Night Flight shows that I grew up with. And they were like "that's what the 80s really looked like?". Yup......everyone today gets their 80s looks from halloween costume stores. Lulz
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

The 1997 mini-series version of The Shining is better in almost every way from the boring 1980 movie. Unpopular opinion, but it helps that I'm right. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:The 1997 mini-series version of The Shining is better in almost every way from the boring 1980 movie. Unpopular opinion, but it helps that I'm right. :P
I wonder if this is how Trump feels inside his head :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:All 3 main girls are hot, but I have obvious bias towards Daddario lol.

For the most part, they've done a better effort looking like the 80's than the Motley Crue movie :P
People dont know shit about the 80s. Everytime I go to a party and girls do the 80s theme thing....every fucking one of them has the sideways ponytail and neon leg warmers on. I was showing the kids some old Night Flight shows that I grew up with. And they were like "that's what the 80s really looked like?". Yup......everyone today gets their 80s looks from halloween costume stores. Lulz
Yeah, people usually over-do it, mostly leaning on the 80's LA pop scene.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'm really digging this one. It's not amazing, but still pretty decent. Not sure why it has a mediocre IMDB rating, other than a bunch of incels down-voting cause they hate anything that tries to flex anything with girlpower.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Now watching Lycan. I expect nothing but gold :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Now watching Lycan. I expect nothing but gold :P
The moment I saw Vanessa Angel is the moment I've already seen this. Oh well. Won't count as a new watch, but seeing my old grade (from 2018), is a woeful heads up :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Started up Dead and Buried with my brother, but then he threw up because he ate some shrimp, so now I'm going with Night Killer (or Non aprite quella porta 3) from 1990.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:Started up Dead and Buried with my brother, but then he threw up because he ate some shrimp, so now I'm going with Night Killer (or Non aprite quella porta 3) from 1990.
Your bro is a douche for throwing up during such a cool movie. (JK)
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:Started up Dead and Buried with my brother, but then he threw up because he ate some shrimp, so now I'm going with Night Killer (or Non aprite quella porta 3) from 1990.
you will be finishing dead and buried before the end of october. or else. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
I've seen it twice, and in fact already reviewed it, so I was just watching it 1) because it's a good movie and 2) because he wanted to see it. Don't worry, I'll get done. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Your bro is a douche for throwing up during such a cool movie. (JK)
I'll let him know that without the "JK" part. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
I've seen it twice, and in fact already reviewed it, so I was just watching it 1) because it's a good movie and 2) because he wanted to see it. Don't worry, I'll get done. :P
he wanted to see it, because he hasn't yet. so october, do it! :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

This Lycan movie feels way longer than it did last time. Probably because I thought it blew, and now I'm stuck sitting through it again due to the challenge, so I'm just getting impatient
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Oh my, Gemma Atkinson is in this...I can hope she gets nekkid...but I doubt it since she's managed to avoid nudity.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

There have been so many goddamn ads on Tubi, I swear it must be adding 20 minutes to my viewing time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I guess this is a mexican hairless breed of werewolf, in Britain. They were balder than the body-waxed werewolves of the early 00's. At least Dog Soldiers had hair on their heads and crotch.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Project: Metalbeast

I know it sucks, but I'm gonna have to start padding my werewolf count :P