Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Everyone was wrong in Virginia. If you believe in freedom of speech than you got to listen to bigots and douchebags spew nonsense.You dont get to attack the things you dont want to hear it doesnt work that way.
That's not free speech.
Why isnt it? its not a crime to be a racist it just means you are an asshole. The legally permitted protest was about the removal of a statue it was hijacked by nazis similiar to liberal protests being hijacked by anarchist. Foolish to think the anti protest group wasnt there to fight.
Free speech only protects you from censure by the government. Not by your fellow people. You don't have to just let them say hateful things and shut up about it.
But you cant commit a crime becuase you dont like what someone is saying but you are perfectly free to say whatever you want in response.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

It is there, but I am also first to admit that while I get accused of things that aren't there (I'll never forget being called racist for nothing other than my skin color by a coworker, their argument was all white people are racist. Seriously. My first job too.), I'm not succeeding in the art gig because I play with old fashioned mediums that are not in use anymore, and I've refused to sell out (i.e. adapt to all digital, something I find inferior in look and quality) so I've fallen by the way side. It is what it is. *shrug*

So I'm, uh, pulling up my socks and attempting something else right now and see where that takes me :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:It is there, but I am also first to admit that while I get accused of things that aren't there (I'll never forget being called racist for nothing other than my skin color by a coworker, their argument was all white people are racist. Seriously. My first job too.), I'm not succeeding in the art gig because I play with old fashioned mediums that are not in use anymore, and I've refused to sell out (i.e. adapt to all digital, something I find inferior in look and quality) so I've fallen by the way side. It is what it is. *shrug*

So I'm, uh, pulling up my socks and attempting something else right now and see where that takes me :P
i'm not sure where you were going with the choice in mediums, as it relates to this thread or topic, but i say use whatever works best for you.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:It is there, but I am also first to admit that while I get accused of things that aren't there (I'll never forget being called racist for nothing other than my skin color by a coworker, their argument was all white people are racist. Seriously. My first job too.), I'm not succeeding in the art gig because I play with old fashioned mediums that are not in use anymore, and I've refused to sell out (i.e. adapt to all digital, something I find inferior in look and quality) so I've fallen by the way side. It is what it is. *shrug*

i'm not sure where you were going with the choice in mediums, as it relates to this thread or topic, but i say use whatever works best for you.
Mediums = tools for artwork in this case. Referring to Seb's post about not getting success. My medium of choice is not bankable. Sucks, but it is.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:

Mediums = tools for artwork in this case. Referring to Seb's post about not getting success. My medium of choice is not bankable. Sucks, but it is.
i must have missed that part of the discussion. fair enough.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Pretty simple, folks. If you don't condemn white supremacy, you encourage it. There are no "all sides", there is the side against Nazis and there are Nazis.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Pretty simple, folks. If you don't condemn white supremacy, you encourage it. There are no "all sides", there is the side against Nazis and there are Nazis.
no one is advocating for nazis, as far as i've seen.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:To be clear before I am called a razzist, I associate myself with neither group. And a lot of my post went ignored up there.

Here is the truth. After years of disenfranchising whites, treating them like a borg of hive-mind racists, singling them out in media and pop culture; the rise of white nationalism is the only type of retaliation to expect, if we're being honest.
I disagree entirely with your premise that whites are disenfranchised, considered racists, or are singled out. That's garbage the alt-right spouts to justify their hate-fueled racism and white nationalism as intellectually justifiable.
Why? I agree with your latter sentence, but for the former, there are a lot that do feel that way.
The only reason to take personal offense to that stuff is if you're either harboring an unhealthy amount of white guilt or you're exactly what they describe. Anyone else is a baby.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Pretty simple, folks. If you don't condemn white supremacy, you encourage it. There are no "all sides", there is the side against Nazis and there are Nazis.
Never said anyone was, quite obviously. I'm tearing down this bullshit "many sides" narrative.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Never said anyone was, quite obviously. I'm tearing down this bullshit "many sides" narrative.
okay. fair enough.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I love that Headward has everything figured out. Makes things much more simple.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:I love that Headward has everything figured out. Makes things much more simple.
Damn me for controversially hating white supremacists
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I love that Headward has everything figured out. Makes things much more simple.
You hate a lot of things, bro. But I love you.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

NOT because you're white, btw.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
You hate a lot of things, bro.
I really don't
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
You hate a lot of things, bro.
I really don't
Hate is too strong a word.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This is why I troll more often than engage in actual discussion. Half the shit addressed is conveniently ignored to further push the leftist agenda of racism.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:This is why I troll more often than engage in actual discussion. Half the shit addressed is conveniently ignored to further push the leftist agenda of racism.
engage! :P i'll debate you. i try not to jump to conclusions or push false narratives and such, even if some of your likeminded posters do to me. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Nazis are like the weirdo church that blames gay people for the worlds problems. Dont give them attention and dont acknowledge their existence and they fade away. Confronting them achieves nothing. Its a fraction of a fraction of Americans who believe their bullshit so we dont need to make it sound like its any bigger than it is.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:Nazis are like the weirdo church that blames gay people for the worlds problems. Dont give them attention and dont acknowledge their existence and they fade away. Confronting them achieves nothing. Its a fraction of a fraction of Americans who believe their bullshit so we dont need to make it sound like its any bigger than it is.
No, white supremacist terrorism needs to face the full force of the Department of Justice just as black separatist groups traditionally did. They need the hammer, not just people crossing their fingers that they'll go away. They continue to be the biggest terrorist threats domestically, they're not just trolls.