Is Tom Cruise the Greatest Movie Star of All Time?

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Is Tom Cruise the Greatest Movie Star of All Time?

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:yes, i agree that there are decent blm-ers. no, there are not decent white supremacists. but people do get that label pushed onto them that are decent. if you actively push for oppression or genocide or racism, you're garbage.
So you see how it's pretty absurd to equate BLM and white supremacist hate groups, right? Shitty people are everywhere, including part of BLM. But every single person involved in a white supremacy movement is shitty and deserves to die and you can't say the same about BLM. Kind of a key distinction.
but you're pushing that on to me. i didn't say that. *shrug*
You responded with the "some people in BLM are crap" thing right? You were kind of excusing the comparison there.
not my intention. next time i'll look up the names. the shitty people that i've seen identify themselves as blm seem to be just as bad as many white supremacists, but that does not count to all of blm. as i said "some".
It's almost like extremists attach themselves to every existing group...

except when the entire group is extremists. Like KKK. Or Nazis.
or antifa or isis. they all fucking suck.
Agreed, but why the All Sides Matter routine again?. A lot of people (NOT YOU) want to use Antifa's presence as a means for justifying the white supremacists being there. Just a rule of thumb, whichever side has Nazis will tend to be worse.
cause i'm feeling defensive between this and the earlier convo. :P

nazis should not be justified ever. nazis, today, are not akin to nazis of the 30s-40s. so i don't buy that they are worse than other terrorist/hate groups. feel free to prove otherwise. antifa sucks. nazis suck. if i had my way, neither would exist. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo why didn't you just mention actual black militant separarist groups instead of trying to make the laughable case that BLM is a hate group? You had a chance to make some sense and blew it. Time to evolve these arguments methinks
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Antifa is a hate group for hate groups. By definition that make them less shitty than other hate groups . . .
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Foo why didn't you just mention actual black militant separarist groups instead of trying to make the laughable case that BLM is a hate group? You had a chance to make some sense and blew it. Time to evolve these arguments methinks
i was thinking about it, and off the top of my head, i can't name a current black extremist group. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Antifa is a hate group for hate groups. By definition that make them less shitty than other hate groups . . .
yeah, they are a reaction. and if they only targeted other hate groups, i could see your point.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Foo why didn't you just mention actual black militant separarist groups instead of trying to make the laughable case that BLM is a hate group? You had a chance to make some sense and blew it. Time to evolve these arguments methinks
i was thinking about it, and off the top of my head, i can't name a current black extremist group. :P
BLM getting railroaded for the crimes and ideas of orher groups. You could almost say they've been profiled. Very sad!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Antifa is a hate group for hate groups. By definition that make them less shitty than other hate groups . . .
yeah, they are a reaction. and if they only targeted other hate groups, i could see your point.
Man, just apply the "should every single one of them commit suicide?" thought exercise. Pretty easy to rank hate groups when you look at it from that angle. You might not be as awful as I am to think in those terms though. :lol:
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Man, just apply the "should every single one of them commit suicide?" thought exercise. Pretty easy to rank hate groups when you look at it from that angle. You might not be as awful as I am to think in those terms though. :lol:
isis > antifa > kkk :P (as in modern kkk, not in it's prime kkk cause they're not the same. and if you can show me they've done more than protest. i'll rethink my position)

are there organized active nazi groups today, or is it just a term like white supremacist?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Antifa is pretty twisted and crazy. But I can conceptualize decent people being a part of it easier than I can any member of a white supremacist group. Hopefully they'd call BS and leave . . .
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Antifa is pretty twisted and crazy. But I can conceptualize decent people being a part of it easier than I can any member of a white supremacist group. Hopefully they'd call BS and leave . . .
hmmm.. i was thinking from a which group has threatened or hurt/killed more people angle. but again, i might not have all the info on kkk as it is now. but yeah, i could see some decent people falling into antifa. that just didn't come to mind.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Another thing southerners often gloss over in their history: Reconstruction was a period of unchecked white terrorism against the South's black populace. You'll hear about everything but the terrorism from that era.

They also don't much like to talk about how homeless blacks were rounded up, charged with petty crimes and forced to work on the same plantations they were freed from under even worse conditions in some capacity until the 1940s. So yeah, their "perspective" doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot when they're notorious for dishonestly presenting their own history. So why would I buy the "southern honor defender" line of crap?
You don't have to share their perspective. IMAGINE THAT!
And you don't have to share the perspective that ducks are in fact geese. And you're an asshole if you try to tear down that perspective.

Stop pussyfooting around with this "all perspectives matter" crap. They don't, that perspective is spawned from bullshit and fairy tales. Sorry your tolerance for bullshit is so high.
I never once thought Robert E. Lee represented hatred and oppression, sorry for that.
You never once thought the Confederate States of America represented hatred and oppression? Expand on that.
I said Robert E. Lee. And nope, you ain't gonna care anyways, remember?
This is why I don't engage in actual discussion. Better to troll, as the other side has no bend and think we are racist.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Can we talk about Tom Cruise again, you racist faggots?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Another thing southerners often gloss over in their history: Reconstruction was a period of unchecked white terrorism against the South's black populace. You'll hear about everything but the terrorism from that era.

They also don't much like to talk about how homeless blacks were rounded up, charged with petty crimes and forced to work on the same plantations they were freed from under even worse conditions in some capacity until the 1940s. So yeah, their "perspective" doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot when they're notorious for dishonestly presenting their own history. So why would I buy the "southern honor defender" line of crap?
And you don't have to share the perspective that ducks are in fact geese. And you're an asshole if you try to tear down that perspective.

Stop pussyfooting around with this "all perspectives matter" crap. They don't, that perspective is spawned from bullshit and fairy tales. Sorry your tolerance for bullshit is so high.
I never once thought Robert E. Lee represented hatred and oppression, sorry for that.
You never once thought the Confederate States of America represented hatred and oppression? Expand on that.
This is why I don't engage in actual discussion. Better to troll, as the other side has no bend and think we are racist.
pfft. as if you have any bend. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I condemn the actions of what happened by the Unite the Right movement. Can't wait for the left to say they condemn the actions of BLM. I'm waiting.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:I condemn the actions of what happened by the Unite the Right movement. Can't wait for the left to say they condemn the actions of BLM. I'm waiting.
enh. i condemn the actions of antifa. particularly in europe. is that good enough? :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

To me, all those groups are garbage. It is like tasting turds and rating them on which ones taste the worst. Neo Nazis are probably the worst, but the others are still turds.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

You're the only person who calls you racist and you do it all the time. Stfu
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:I condemn the actions of what happened by the Unite the Right movement. Can't wait for the left to say they condemn the actions of BLM. I'm waiting.
No comparison to be made there at all.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

It's true, Headward makes me hate the world more, but I kind of love him for it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
No comparison to be made there at all.
Boom. Hypocrite. White guilt.