Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave. U.S.A. #1.
i bet you've got your steely knives. :P
I just bought a hunting knife a couple hours ago. Taking a road trip to the Rocky Mountains next week and don't wanna go through the mountains naked. Run into a barr at least I got a knifing chance.
stay safe.

but back to the reference, choosing hotel california to lead into usa #1 seems a severe misreading of the song. :P
I'm just using the quote. I'm not applying the whole song to life in the U.S.A.. There are several handfuls of Bruce Springsteen songs that could do it just fine. And a lot of Seger too.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:We got a lot of riff raff. You see em on the news everyday now.
Thug cops? Agreed.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Most incarcerated people per capita in the world, but “freedom”. Lmao.
Dems should stop leashing black people and black fathers should stick around after they help conceive a child. Would do wonders for black crime, as they are responsible for the overwhelming majority of it. :?
Wait. The police need to stop arresting people and be defunded.

Got it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Most incarcerated people per capita in the world, but “freedom”. Lmao.
1/4th of the global prison population is in america, is the number i've heard?
It’s embarrassing.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I fucking hate autocorrect.

Autoincorrect.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
I just bought a hunting knife a couple hours ago. Taking a road trip to the Rocky Mountains next week and don't wanna go through the mountains naked. Run into a barr at least I got a knifing chance.
stay safe.

but back to the reference, choosing hotel california to lead into usa #1 seems a severe misreading of the song. :P
I'm just using the quote. I'm not applying the whole song to life in the U.S.A.. There are several handfuls of Bruce Springsteen songs that could do it just fine. And a lot of Seger too.
yeah, everyone's "life in america" is going to be different. but if you wanna go ultra patriotic "we're the fucking best and anywhere else is trash" i'm sure you can find it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
stay safe.

yeah, everyone's "life in america" is going to be different. but if you wanna go ultra patriotic "we're the fucking best and anywhere else is trash" i'm sure you can find it.
Of course not everywhere else is trash, but there is a reason people flee here and never the other way around.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Our justice system is beyond trash.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Of course not everywhere else is trash, but there is a reason people flee here and never the other way around.
people have fled to other places too. it's not like we're the only place that people try to escape into. but we have made a point of being a sanctuary to those that need it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Of course not everywhere else is trash, but there is a reason people flee here and never the other way around.
people have fled to other places too. it's not like we're the only place that people try to escape into. but we have made a point of being a sanctuary to those that need it.
Sometimes.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Right. I'm not saying people don't leave the U.S., but we all know where people outside the U.S. want to go.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Don't let politics ruin your personal lives. <3

Night, guys.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Right. I'm not saying people don't leave the U.S., but we all know where people outside the U.S. want to go.
because we made a point of presenting our country as open to those that need a safe welcoming place. until recently.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
because we made a point of presenting our country as open to those that need a safe welcoming place. until recently.
Dunno about that. The US wouldn’t take Holocaust refugees. We’ve always demonized some immigrant groups while shutting others out completely. The unique thing about the Trump stuff was how much they leaned into people’s xenophobia to earn voter support.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Don't let politics ruin your personal lives. <3

Night, guys.
if your politics ruins your personal life, maybe you didn't need those people in your life anyways. you shouldn't have to hold back your beliefs and viewpoint to keep other people feeling happy and safe. or maybe they don't need you in their lives either, if you have to be false to keep them around.

but have a good night.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Dunno about that. The US wouldn’t take Holocaust refugees. We’ve always demonized some immigrant groups while shutting others out completely. The unique thing about the Trump stuff was how much they leaned into people’s xenophobia to earn voter support.
well... maybe it's a false presentation... but "give me your huddled masses" and all that. that's how we try to present ourselves historically, even if hasn't worked that way in practice.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
well... maybe it's a false presentation... but "give me your huddled masses" and all that. that's how we try to present ourselves historically, even if hasn't worked that way in practice.
Yeah it sounds nicer than the reality suggests. The amount of suffering or desperation makes no difference. What has traditionally mattered is a combination of race/ethnicity and perceived usefulness as a low wage earning cog in the economy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Never stop chasing your dreams.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
We always have. Just please do so legally and not take advantage of taxpayers please. Pay your own way, your own taxes, become a citizen. Truly not difficult at all.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Never stop chasing your dreams.

thick as thieves.