What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Read Dave Mustaine's biography/memoir and now reading his Rust In Peace memoir to wash it down.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Red Dragon. It was very good but I liked Silence of the Lambs more. Starting The Haunting of Hill House. Its a short book
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I finished The Haunting of Hill House. Its not bad and its not great. In 1959 it probably was considered frightening but it just didn't have enough going on for me to agree with its reputation as one of the greatest haunted house novels ever. C+
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Now for Velocity by Koontz
NightOfTheLiving_Sam

Post by NightOfTheLiving_Sam »

I'm reading Firestarter by Stephen King. I've never read it before until now.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I finished two Audiobooks The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and All Quiet on the Western Front. Hitchhikers was very good im into that type of British humor. All Quiet On the Western Front moved me in such a way that I feel changed by it. It's a pure masterpiece and should be something read and taught in school in my opinion.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 am I finished two Audiobooks The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and All Quiet on the Western Front. Hitchhikers was very good im into that type of British humor. All Quiet On the Western Front moved me in such a way that I feel changed by it. It's a pure masterpiece and should be something read and taught in school in my opinion.
Love Douglas Adams and the entirety of the Hitchhiker's Guide(films included). And All Quiet was required reading when I was in school, so probably a local thing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:59 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 am I finished two Audiobooks The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and All Quiet on the Western Front. Hitchhikers was very good im into that type of British humor. All Quiet On the Western Front moved me in such a way that I feel changed by it. It's a pure masterpiece and should be something read and taught in school in my opinion.
Love Douglas Adams and the entirety of the Hitchhiker's Guide(films included). And All Quiet was required reading when I was in school, so probably a local thing.
You read this in school? Where did you go to school? No bullshit this is a life changing book for me.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:00 pm
You read this in school? Where did you go to school? No bullshit this is a life changing book for me.
I have a different look at what I have and the life I've lived.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:04 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:00 pm You read this in school? Where did you go to school? No bullshit this is a life changing book for me.
I have a different look at what I have and the life I've lived.
Yup. Probably ninth grade. Went to school in florida. School was located in the middle of a ghetto, too.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:00 pm
Read it in school here too in Cali, thought it was great. Watched the movie in school too, I was the only one going "That's Bill from IT!", " And Loomis!", everybody else thought I was weird. Assholes.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Life - a memoir by Keith Richards
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Just finished The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Started the NOS4A2 audiobook. I never watched the show so its not spoiled for me.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 am Started the NOS4A2 audiobook. I never watched the show so its not spoiled for me.
I only caught the first season. The book was definitely better (and I'm not one of those that always preaches "the book is always better" bs)
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

The Shadow Glass. It's like a cross between The Dark Crystal, The Neverending Story, and the Masters of the Universe movie. Basically, puppets from an 80's puppet film come to life and the good puppets(gelfling stand-ins) team up with their creator's son to find the shadow glass(smaller version of the dark crystal) before the bad puppets(Gollum-looking version of skeksis) do(there are even versions of podlings and fizzgig). Sounds dumb, but it's decent. Comes off as more young adult than dark fantasy(the section I found it in), but I'm ok with that.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Picked up 'Salem's Lot again (Stephen King's birthday today too). Cruising through it. Fucking excellent book.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:07 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 am Started the NOS4A2 audiobook. I never watched the show so its not spoiled for me.
I only caught the first season. The book was definitely better (and I'm not one of those that always preaches "the book is always better" bs)
Charlie Manx mentioned the True Knot 8D 8D :))
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Been reading It this month. 4th time all the way through, got about 120 pages left. I didn't notice how much the new movies got a lot of little details worked in, I totally forgot about them while watching.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I've gotten so busy with stuff I've been neglecting my reading. Still have 200 pages of The Dead Zone left