Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Looking to be a very accurate prediction (aside from RBG actually retiring)...

11-13-2018

Jason wrote:Trump now has a platform to run on obstructionism and his next order of business will be replacing Ruth Bader Ginsburg when she retires (because I believe she has early stage Alzheimer's). It will be another female, probably center-left on politics but leans right on guns. There'll be a compromise involved in order to maybe get a few democratic senators on board. It'd be a shorter process than with Kavanaugh if it's a female nominee, by the way. Because there is no risk of the #MeToo movement blind-siding his decision.
Trump nominates Amy Barrett.
ImageImageImage
Jason is a prophet.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Looking forward to reading this NY Times article when I get a few minutes. Finally insight into the reason those tax returns were never obtained.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Looking forward to reading this NY Times article when I get a few minutes. Finally insight into the reason those tax returns were never obtained.
It shows he is not the businessman he portrays himself to be. Must be nice to only pay $750 in years you actually pay taxes. Our system is so fucked up.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. When the tax code is more complicated than brain surgery you can’t blame people for being smart enough to exploit the loopholes.

What the media does is called drive by headlining. Basically produce as many hit pieces as possible, and quickly move on to the next before people actually pick apart the narrative. They're doing this in rapid succession to avoid talking about mass voter fraud in Minnesota. Hopefully Trump calls the media out on that tonight while Biden is sniffing his armpits.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Many Many reasons Fat Hitler won't release his taxes... One being he is completely corrupt and can be bought. With this kind of debt not just the 400 mil due in the next 4 years but the fact he is 1.1 Billion in debt ( Forbes ) This kind of debt would be the number one reason to deny Security Clearance
He was broke when Apprentice started as well. He is broke as a joke.One million from Erdagon... yeah that Erdagon :roll: It's pathetic to see people who pay more in taxes than a self claimed billionaire defend him..... this tells me two things They are avid Fox entertainment junk viewers by the way Fox just won a law suit by stating Tucker is a liar and the viewers know this and so they can't claim or expect him to be honest and They want Guaranteed in a 2nd Trump term:

- MORE racism
- MORE misogyny
- MORE attacks on women's rights
- MORE attacks on LGBTQ rights
- MORE bullying
- MORE hate crimes
- MORE tax breaks for the rich
- MORE corruption
- MORE pollution
- MORE misery
- MORE poverty
- MORE coronavirus
and More Fascism ... they are all willing to give up every right they have to defend a PIG rather than admit they ARE WRONG but then again maybe they are all these things and proud to have Fat Hitler represent their beliefs which seems to be the case because every argument is BUT OBAMA BUT HILLARY BUT BUT they can not defend this Pig so they do as he does Self Project Spin Gaslight and flat out lie
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

BUT BUT BUT BUT ~ yeah fact checking is cool

Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/p ... hnson.html

also https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -quicktake
The notion that Hunter Biden and his father could be complicit in Ukrainian corruption was first aired in a 2018 book, “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends.” Its author, Peter Schweizer, is an editor at Breitbart News and president of the Government Accountability Institute, a nonprofit group founded by former Trump political adviser Steve Bannon. The group’s board chairwoman is Rebekah Mercer, a prominent Trump supporter. Trump has cited Schweizer by name in some of his Twitter attacks on the Bidens. But even Schweizer’s book doesn’t allege that any laws were broken.

Burisma issued a statement in 2017 saying that “all legal proceedings and pending criminal allegations” against it and Zlochevsky were closed and that it paid an extra 180 million hryvnias ($7 million) in taxes. There’s also no known evidence that any of the investigations ever involved Hunter Biden. Ukraine’s former prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, told Bloomberg News in May that there was no evidence of wrongdoing by the Bidens.

Without substantiation, Trump has said and tweeted that the Biden family “was paid off, pure and simple” and accused the family of corruption, extortion and “pillaging” foreign countries. He’s called them “stone-cold crooked” and publicly urged Ukraine and China to open criminal investigations of them. (Trump’s contention that Hunter Biden flew to Beijing aboard the vice president’s aircraft and left a billionaire -- the episode he wants China to investigate -- isn’t supported by the available facts, either. Still, Hunter Biden said he’s resigning from the board of a Chinese-backed private equity company and would forgo all foreign work if his father is elected president.)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Christ this is bad. So so bad. Trump is flailing and badly.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Christ this is bad. So so bad. Trump is flailing and badly.
He really is. It's a shitshow all around though. I feel for Chris Wallace.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

This is an empire in decline reaching its lowest depths of stupidity yet.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Can’t believe I stayed up till 4 AM for this. Still interesting I guess. Biden was so much better. So so much better.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

That was awful. I miss the America I grew up with. And before anyone left or right gives me shit, fuck off. That was insane. Wow.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That was disgraceful. Every American citizen is a loser for being part of this country during that embarrassment.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

One of the things that did piss me off about tonight. Trump said this-

"Proud Boys — Stand back, stand by, but I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not right-wing problem..... This is a left wing problem."

Seriously....what. the. Fuck.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Trump encouraging racism and violence? This is so out of character for him. /sarcasm
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Biden did have a great improv moment when Trump mocked his son’s drug addiction and Joe showed some empathy and humanity that will probably connect with viewers.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Biden did have a great improv moment when Trump mocked his son’s drug addiction and Joe showed some empathy and humanity that will probably connect with viewers.
He did do better the last 10 minutes or so.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also, Donald Trump Jr is about two miserable nights from OD’ing from coke so Trump really should have a little more class
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Joe was a little more disoriented and blinky than even I expected. The interrupting from Trump was well deserved, especially when he confronted Wallace. Part of me wanted Trump to put a lot of pressure on Biden, the other part of me wanted him to let him speak and show his Alzheimer's. Trump did well enough. Great zingers. Biden gon' Biden.

Trump: 1
Biden: Hairy legs
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Definitely think Biden came across as the more sympathetic and honest.