Asia Argento: Rapist

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Asia Argento: Rapist

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:some actors fuck themselves over with drugs and the like. that sucks. but even with those that don't, they are often seen as just sex objects. male actors that bank on that, are able to transition often times. i don't see why it should be different for women in the biz.
Yeah, Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, Judd Nelson, Christopher Atkins, Joey Lawrence, etc. all transitioned super well from their young sex symbol status. And no one wants to work with Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Hellen Mirran, or Diane Keaton. Also, must be tough to be Alfre Woodard, and have to be in everything...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:some actors fuck themselves over with drugs and the like. that sucks. but even with those that don't, they are often seen as just sex objects. male actors that bank on that, are able to transition often times. i don't see why it should be different for women in the biz.
Yeah, Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, Judd Nelson, Christopher Atkins, Joey Lawrence, etc. all transitioned super well from their young sex symbol status. And no one wants to work with Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Hellen Mirran, or Diane Keaton. Also, must be tough to be Alfre Woodard, and have to be in everything...
i forgot to say that there are exceptions to be found, of course. that it doesn't happen with every single male actor ever. so you got me there.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
i forgot to say that there are exceptions to be found, of course. that it doesn't happen with every single male actor ever. so you got me there.
In other words, it happens to both males and females. Build your career as a sex object and as you age out of being a sex object, you will struggle. Both males and females can have very long and successful careers.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
In other words, it happens to both males and females. Build your career as a sex object and as you age out of being a sex object, you will struggle. Both males and females can have very long and successful careers.
absolutely, both males and females can have long successful careers. and i never said otherwise. character actors can struggle too. there are always going to be those that struggle and those that can have long careers. as i've seen it, many more successful male actors are able to make the transition from youth or sex symbol to older roles.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
absolutely, both males and females can have long successful careers. and i never said otherwise. character actors can struggle too. there are always going to be those that struggle and those that can have long careers. as i've seen it, many more successful male actors are able to make the transition from youth or sex symbol to older roles.
Could it be that you have a confirmation bias that suits your narrative?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
yes it could be. and it could be for you as well.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
yes it could be. and it could be for you as well.
We have established there are numerous examples of each. You are claiming a bias without proof.

I simply think there is a bigger audience for male driven films because your biggest films are action, and males have credibility in action roles.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: We have established there are numerous examples of each. You are claiming a bias without proof.

I simply think there is a bigger audience for male driven films because your biggest films are action, and males have credibility in action roles.
i don't have proof of a bias. i don't have any inside connections. it's all looking at it from the outside. i'm not privy to how the casting process works. so yeah. all i can do is talk about what i see. you think into the reasons just as much as i do. but when i do it, it's confirmation bias.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: We have established there are numerous examples of each. You are claiming a bias without proof.

i don't have proof of a bias. i don't have any inside connections. it's all looking at it from the outside. i'm not privy to how the casting process works. so yeah. all i can do is talk about what i see. you think into the reasons just as much as i do. but when i do it, it's confirmation bias.
I think when you allege sexism, racism, etc., there should be proof. Particularly when those allegations are damaging to people.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

I think when you allege sexism, racism, etc., there should be proof. Particularly when those allegations are damaging to people.
how do i prove sexism on the part of producers or directors? how do you prove the lack of it, on their part? or are we both just speculating on a message board?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

how do i prove sexism on the part of producers or directors? how do you prove the lack of it, on their part? or are we both just speculating on a message board?
Is that the standard you adhere to? Other people have to disprove your baseless allegations?

I will acknowledge certain realities, such as there being more male megastars. I don't jump to conclusions of sexism, however, just as I would not say the NBA is racist because there are more black basketball stars.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Is that the standard you adhere to? Other people have to disprove your baseless allegations?

I will acknowledge certain realities, such as there being more male megastars. I don't jump to conclusions of sexism, however, just as I would not say the NBA is racist because there are more black basketball stars.
'

i'll retract the statements. and i expect to not see any bias from you, that you don't have absolute proof to back up as well. we'll both be better off, going this way, from here forward.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

'

i'll retract the statements. and i expect to not see any bias from you, that you don't have absolute proof to back up as well. we'll both be better off, going this way, from here forward.
Progress!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

'

Progress!
agreed. i hope to actually see it amount to anything.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:It's almost impossible for a female to rape a young boy. Kid was probably high fiving all his friends.
If someone is below the age of consent, it is rape, whether the minor was willing or not, they cannot legally consent.

Also, her victim alleges forced oral sex, which ironically is the same thing Argento alleged against Weinstein.
If the kid had a boner it doesn't count. :p
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:It's almost impossible for a female to rape a young boy. Kid was probably high fiving all his friends.
If someone is below the age of consent, it is rape, whether the minor was willing or not, they cannot legally consent.

Also, her victim alleges forced oral sex, which ironically is the same thing Argento alleged against Weinstein.
Its a crime and her skanky ass should of known better but I'm not buying any of the forced shit. They fucked and than the kid saw a way to cash in.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:

Its a crime and her skanky ass should of known better but I'm not buying any of the forced shit. They fucked and than the kid saw a way to cash in.
That pretty much describes a lot of the me too movement. Argento was one of the standard setters.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Wait.....with all the others.....we need to see all the evidence to play out before we come to a consensus. With Asia, it just came out, but we can crucify her?

If true though, fuck her.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Wait.....with all the others.....we need to see all the evidence to play out before we come to a consensus. With Asia, it just came out, but we can crucify her?

If true though, fuck her.
The pictures, settlement paperwork, and texts are up online.

Good lord. Are you really playing this game? How many pictures are there of Weinstein accusers hugging and laughing with him numerous times after rape was claimed?

Sorry she was hung with her own rope. Scam artist.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the accusations toward asia argento do not undo the accusations toward harvey weinsten, no matter how much some would like to float that narrative.