The October Challenge Discussion Thread 2018

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread 2018

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:I just checked the weather forecast. They lie to me often, but the first two days of October are supposed to be rain-filled days in the mid-70s.

Fuck. Yes. Don't lie to me.
Now it's only supposed to be the 3rd day in October. Current weather says it's mostly cloudy, but there is literally no cloud in sight.

I don't understand...
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:Sure. How's 9PM sound?
Done.

I've seen it before, but I've always liked the Garfield cartoons so I don't have a problem revisiting.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:Sure. How's 9PM sound?
Done.

I've seen it before, but I've always liked the Garfield cartoons so I don't have a problem revisiting.
It's one of those childhood things I grew up on and is completely rewatchable as an adult. Rented the Holiday Celebrations special on VHS when I was a kid. Had Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Copied it to another VHS tape and watched them all 100 times. Still try to revisit each one during the holidays.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

is cali an hour behind colorado or an hour ahead? :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Colorado is one hour ahead of California.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Trying to check every other streaming link I have to ensure everything is in order for October, but my internet is running hideously slow.

Took 25 minutes to replace my link to Mystics in Bali (1981). :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Jigsaw wrote:I believe that I will open up this October with Tourist Trap, a film I've not yet seen.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Ava wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I believe that I will open up this October with Tourist Trap, a film I've not yet seen.
Haven't seen that gif before, so I was wondering where it was going. Glad you approve. :lol:
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:
Ava wrote:
Haven't seen that gif before, so I was wondering where it was going. Glad you approve. :lol:
So much fun
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Tourist Trap is one I haven't seen and need to. Looks good.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

It seems to be well liked. I don't really get why, but I apparently am In the minority.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Monster wrote:Tourist Trap is one I haven't seen and need to. Looks good.
Don't listen to D on this one. He has great taste, but he is wrong this one time. Tourist Trap is the shit!!!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jmac Attack wrote:Jmac's shitty corner.
Are you saying my corner won't be shitty, Jmac? :P

I don't know if I'll like Tourist Trap or not - I'm certainly hoping to, but I can list plenty of popular movies, even site specific, that people love but I don't. Famous cases in point being The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), The Evil Dead (1981), and Motel Hell (1980). I do not hate any of these movies, but I certainly don't love them.

Hopefully Tourist Trap will live up to what few hopes I have going in.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

My list will be lucky to hit 10 entries.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Jmac's shitty corner.
Are you saying my corner won't be shitty, Jmac? :P

I don't know if I'll like Tourist Trap or not - I'm certainly hoping to, but I can list plenty of popular movies, even site specific, that people love but I don't. Famous cases in point being The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), The Evil Dead (1981), and Motel Hell (1980). I do not hate any of these movies, but I certainly don't love them.

Hopefully Tourist Trap will live up to what few hopes I have going in.
I was never a huge fan of those movies either, except Evil Dead. Tourist Trap was just a nice surprise for me a couple of years ago. I can't wait to hear your take on it.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Since I have work tomorrow, Tourist Trap will have to wait until around 2:30 or so. Only planning on two movies tomorrow regardless.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jigsaw wrote:Since I have work tomorrow, Tourist Trap will have to wait until around 2:30 or so. Only planning on two movies tomorrow regardless.
And I gotta watch the Changeling. I think that's the one everyone here has told me to watch. I have some money in the bank if I have to rent it. I owe the watch to y'all.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Since I have work tomorrow, Tourist Trap will have to wait until around 2:30 or so. Only planning on two movies tomorrow regardless.
And I gotta watch the Changeling. I think that's the one everyone here has told me to watch. I have some money in the bank if I have to rent it. I owe the watch to y'all.
That's the one I'm starting with. Then I'll watch it again with the commentary. It won't count but it's such a great movie and I'm anxious to listen to what the filmmakers have to say.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Monster wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
That's the one I'm starting with. Then I'll watch it again with the commentary. It won't count but it's such a great movie and I'm anxious to listen to what the filmmakers have to say.
Ok, that's the one I think you and maybe D suggested. It's that good? Any other movie you can compare it to?
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Monster wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Ok, that's the one I think you and maybe D suggested. It's that good? Any other movie you can compare it to?
First movie that comes to mind is Burnt Offerings, only The Changeling is ten times better imo. Slow burn, creepy atmosphere, great story. George C Scott is excellent.