Blexit

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Blexit

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:This thread is a cautionary tale on how NOT to study history. The meme-ification of it all is a sad reality.
:P fair point.

and it's also served as diversion from where we actually started. if blexit wanted to be honest, they would show fault in both sides. they want to create a narrative of their own, not help people to think for themselves.
If black people find themselves disillusioned with the modern Democratic Party, that is fine. It's NOT acceptable for this movement to be peddling the garbage they are on their website because less educated people will eat it up. So I wanted to focus on exposing their messaging, because messaging is important.
yeah, i said earlier in the thread that i don't mind them voting republican if the candidate's values are the best fit to their own.
You obviously have no problem voting Democrat regardless of their values.
oh? based on what?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Simply stating that Democrats were once the party of conservatives is like a shotgun blast to like half the bullshit on that website.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:This thread is a cautionary tale on how NOT to study history. The meme-ification of it all is a sad reality.

and it's also served as diversion from where we actually started. if blexit wanted to be honest, they would show fault in both sides. they want to create a narrative of their own, not help people to think for themselves.
The problem is that you believe there are only two sides. Where does Blexit say to become a repubican? Kanye just gave a bunch of money to a Democrat.
that is a problem with our political discussions in general. not enough jig, i guess. :P

i don't care what they become, as long as it's honest. you don't want liberals to lie or manipulate for political gain. i think that should be taken across the whole spectrum.
Is it a problem with our discussions or a problem with our political system? We are just adapting to the black-and-white reality they give us.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

If black people find themselves disillusioned with the modern Democratic Party, that is fine. It's NOT acceptable for this movement to be peddling the garbage they are on their website because less educated people will eat it up. So I wanted to focus on exposing their messaging, because messaging is important.
yeah, i said earlier in the thread that i don't mind them voting republican if the candidate's values are the best fit to their own.
oh? based on what?
Voting bloc blindly votes Democrat *whistles*

Voting bloc gets campaign aimed at them to consider alternatives *OK! Enough of that!*
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Why does the campaign have to be so full of shit is what I'm curious about
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

oh? based on what?
Voting bloc blindly votes Democrat *whistles*

Voting bloc gets campaign aimed at them to consider alternatives *OK! Enough of that!*
i thought you were gonna misrepresent something i actually said, at least. oh well.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

How is anything related to the Democratic Party of the mid-19th century relevant to the modern Democratic Party is what I'm wondering

Could it be that they know people who read those memes won't do any further research and it will only serve as confirmation bias
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The very first thing in that article is a lie, so not a great start anyway.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Hahahaha. Cites 19th century Democrat politics. Drink!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Moving to pre-Civil Rights Southern Democrat politics. At least it's...chronologically closer to the modern party? :lol:
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:How is anything related to the Democratic Party of the mid-19th century relevant to the modern Democratic Party is what I'm wondering

Could it be that they know people who read those memes won't do any further research and it will only serve as confirmation bias
When I want to know how the modern Democrats are helping black folk, I just look to the most violent cities in America, all of which have been run by democrats for decades.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That's one of the most useless articles I've ever read. Also horribly written...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:How is anything related to the Democratic Party of the mid-19th century relevant to the modern Democratic Party is what I'm wondering

When I want to know how the modern Democrats are helping black folk, I just look to the most violent cities in America, all of which have been run by democrats for decades.
They're violent because they're run by Democrats?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

They are violent because of years of bad policy. Tax out hope, disarm the good people, replace fathers with government.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

They are violent because of years of bad policy. Tax out hope, disarm the good people, replace fathers with government.
So they were once peaceful?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Lol....Blexit running going smoothly already.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/k ... m-politics
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

So they were once peaceful?
Detroit was once the center of the industrial universe. Thriving.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Lol....Blexit running going smoothly already.

Kanye already Blexited. He will be ok.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Lol....Blexit running going smoothly already.

Kanye already Blexited. He will be ok.
Bi-polar as fuck! Weird ass dude.