Hosting Sites NOT NAMED Photobucket?

You can talk about anything here
Dream
Charter Member

Re: Hosting Sites NOT NAMED Photobucket?

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:Downloaded twice, and it's downloading 396 of the 436 needed. No idea which ones it's deciding to leave out.

Is it possible to hate anything more than photobucket?

gifs and videos you have to download separately I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by Dream on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I've only got images, no videos. And there are some GIFs saved into it.

It appears that it's fucking refusing to download the 40 most recent images hosted to the site. GoddamnitIfuckinghatephotobucket.

Why? Why? WHY? Y???
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

You motherfuckers.

Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:I've only got images, no videos. And there are some GIFs saved into it.

It appears that it's fucking refusing to download the 40 most recent images hosted to the site. GoddamnitIfuckinghatephotobucket.

Why? Why? WHY? Y???

I dunno why you're having so much trouble with it. It did all but nine of mine and i have 3 videos and 6 gifs that I had to download individually.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Dream wrote:
Jason wrote:I've only got images, no videos. And there are some GIFs saved into it.

Why? Why? WHY? Y???

I dunno why you're having so much trouble with it. It did all but nine of mine and i have 3 videos and 6 gifs that I had to download individually.
I'm checking the most recent images that were hosted. I haven't looked at all 40 of my most recent, but about ten of the ones I looked at are not being saved, so I'm naturally assuming it's just ignoring the most recent 40 images that were hosted.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:
Dream wrote:

Why? Why? WHY? Y???

I'm checking the most recent images that were hosted. I haven't looked at all 40 of my most recent, but about ten of the ones I looked at are not being saved, so I'm naturally assuming it's just ignoring the most recent 40 images that were hosted.

are those in a separate album or anything?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

They're all in just one album. I'm downloading it form "Your bucket", which has every image.

We're approaching the toe'd line of justified murder.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:They're all in just one album. I'm downloading it form "Your bucket", which has every image.

We're approaching the toe'd line of justified murder.

and the ten you looked at weren't gif files? cause it literally downloaded everything in mine except for .gif and .mp4 files.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Most are gifs, but I have a bunch of gifs downloaded into the zip file.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hey, Seb. Could u fucking not edit my post and remove the announcement plz. Thanks.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

At first I was thinking the same thing as Dream's first post in this thread, so I was like enh no big deal, pretty sure I've never done than that.

Then I continued reading thread and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fP-0-dEHhA
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Why would I not have my stuff saved on my comp first? Photobucket was my last step in anything uploading, lol. I'm honestly surprised others didn't have their stuff saved.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I see that Terms & Conditions were updated on the 28th, and I never got any notice about that until now when Zombie linked it. Places using show up the updated T&C, or at least email you.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Deleting account now :P

Sure, I'll loose current image links, but it's not like I don't have those same pictures already.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Says it'll be deleted by July 2nd. :/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Why would I not have my stuff saved on my comp first? Photobucket was my last step in anything uploading, lol. I'm honestly surprised others didn't have their stuff saved.
I'll have most of it, might lose some old stuff that was only on my old computer that took a dump, so I'm not in the same boat as Jason. For me it's more so the hassle of finding and registering for a new site, re-uploading a bunch of shit, re-embedding etc.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Why would I not have my stuff saved on my comp first? Photobucket was my last step in anything uploading, lol. I'm honestly surprised others didn't have their stuff saved.
My account is 13 years old. I've had like two computers go to shit in that time period. :p

Also relied too heavily on photobucket, assuming all my shit would be okay.

Hmfspareboard is going to look like a total disaster soon. Complete and total fucking disaster.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
I'll have most of it, might lose some old stuff that was only on my old computer that took a dump, so I'm not in the same boat as Jason. For me it's more so the hassle of finding and registering for a new site, re-uploading a bunch of shit, re-embedding etc.
Yarp. Definitely.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

My main thing with this is, bidness gonna bidness, I get that. So those that do make a good living from websites and shit that use photobucket might be willing to pay that crazy 400 bones. Most won't, so don't cutoff the nose to spite the face. Even those making money will still bounce to a free or cheaper service.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

I have doubles and triples of most things on my computer. I've been trying to go through and get rid of the duplicates but it's annoyingly slow to compare everything. I downloaded the stuff mostly cause I wanted to compare to make sure I had those because most of them were pics I found inspiring for writing or sigg and avi ideas for here.