Hello, my name is: Feminism

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Hello, my name is: Feminism

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Is posing for a camera with your tits out so you can get money and they can sell magazines feminist or not feminist?
some feminists will denounce that. and some (almost certainly less) feminists will defend it. i'm not sure where you wanna go with this.
Just wondering. If a woman is promoted in part because she is a woman, rather than based purely on merit, is that feminism or not feminism?
i don't think there is universal consensus as to whether that would be feminist or not. are you looking for a universal lockstep consensus among all feminists? feminists are people. people have different viewpoints.
So is feminism a real thing if there is no consensus on even the most basic situations that would involve women?

How does feminism differ from simply believing in equality for the vast majority?
feminists would likely, nearly universally, argue that they are about equality. but some feminists are extremist and take it too far, or use it something to hide behind, for purposes of hate and oppression.

yes, feminism is a real thing. if it was manufactured, everyone who identified that way would walk in lockstep. they would be robotic with their viewpoints and their arguments. there would be no casting out. there would be no different ideals and justifications and disputes among feminists because it would be designed to universally perpetuate some kind of agenda. and it's not. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Is posing for a camera with your tits out so you can get money and they can sell magazines feminist or not feminist?
some feminists will denounce that. and some (almost certainly less) feminists will defend it. i'm not sure where you wanna go with this.
Just wondering. If a woman is promoted in part because she is a woman, rather than based purely on merit, is that feminism or not feminism?
i don't think there is universal consensus as to whether that would be feminist or not. are you looking for a universal lockstep consensus among all feminists? feminists are people. people have different viewpoints.
So is feminism a real thing if there is no consensus on even the most basic situations that would involve women?

How does feminism differ from simply believing in equality for the vast majority?
feminists would likely, nearly universally, argue that they are about equality. but some feminists are extremist and take it too far, or use it something to hide behind, for purposes of hate and oppression.

yes, feminism is a real thing. if it was manufactured, everyone who identified that way would walk in lockstep. they would be robotic with their viewpoints and their arguments. there would be no casting out. there would be no different ideals and justifications and disputes among feminists because it would be designed to universally perpetuate some kind of agenda. and it's not. :P
You identify as a feminist, right?

Explain how your version is different than seeking equality for all.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

i do. in my opinion, the outcome should be equality for all.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

i do. in my opinion, the outcome should be equality for all.
So what makes you a feminist? Would you support a white female getting a job over a black male because she is female, or should it be based on merit?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: So what makes you a feminist? Would you support a white female getting a job over a black male because she is female, or should it be based on merit?
i think women have it worse, in our culture, than men. and that is not to say that there are no problems facing men too. so don't try to push me into that corner. :P

it should be based on merit. women should have the opportunity to get that job though.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: So what makes you a feminist? Would you support a white female getting a job over a black male because she is female, or should it be based on merit?
i think women have it worse, in our culture, than men. and that is not to say that there are no problems facing men too. so don't try to push me into that corner. :P

it should be based on merit. women should have the opportunity to get that job though.
I am a feminist too! ^5
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

I am a feminist too! ^5
here. i thought you wanted to have a genuine discussion. my mistake. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

I am a feminist too! ^5
I want women to be treated equal. Is that not feminist?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

I am a feminist too! ^5
I want women to be treated equal. Is that not feminist?
it's feminist. it's also identity politics and i know you don't agree with movements based around that.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Equality can be a scary thing.

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Equality can be a scary thing.

if someone slaps you, you have every right to slap them back. woman or not.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My man, Zombs.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:laci green, she dared to talk to more conservative youtubers
That sort of proves my point. :p
have you seen her videos at all though? she's not conservative. extremists are just psycho. and that goes for extreme feminists too.
I have only seen clips of stupid shit she's said on video.
Dude, some of it you gotta give a go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lo7OqruJI
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
have you seen her videos at all though? she's not conservative. extremists are just psycho. and that goes for extreme feminists too.
Dude, some of it you gotta give a go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lo7OqruJI
of course, it had to be anal... :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Ain't nothing going near my butt! I don't even like wiping it, lol.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Solid infomercial for anal. Who is she and why is Reign linking to her butt stuff?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:Ain't nothing going near my butt! I don't even like wiping it, lol.
This is a side you don't see often.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:Solid infomercial for anal. Who is she and why is Reign linking to her butt stuff?
she's a youtuber feminist. and i'll let reign speak for himself. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Solid infomercial for anal. Who is she and why is Reign linking to her butt stuff?
she's a youtuber feminist. and i'll let reign speak for himself. :P
Sure as hell beats any political shit she spews out of her ass!