Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Current Pro Wrestling Discussion

Post by Jason »

Dammit. M'lady lost her strap. :(

Gotta go to bed, work in 4 hours. pukesmiley.jpg
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I think I'm in love with Alexa Bliss. Might start watching wrestling now. :p
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

What a weird Wrestlemania. Couple good/solid matches, but NXT Takeover was the better show once again.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:I think I'm in love with Alexa Bliss. Might start watching wrestling now. :p
Thought I was joking about this, but I'm not. Alexa is my gal. Woot!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Havok wrote:What a weird Wrestlemania. Couple good/solid matches, but NXT Takeover was the better show once again.
To be fair, they are targeting different crowds. One is for wrestling fans, the other for wrestling fans, casual fans, and the general public.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Is Alexa Bliss the GOAT female heel in WWE?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The Moment of Bliss segment on tonight's Raw was fucking superb. "I gave the starving homeless lady the rest of my burrito bowl but Nia ripped it away and gobbled it down right in front of her".

Alexa is at worst my second favorite Diva of all time. I am legitimately watching wrestling because of her.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Finn Balor is a bit of a fairy, imo.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:The Moment of Bliss segment on tonight's Raw was fucking superb. "I gave the starving homeless lady the rest of my burrito bowl but Nia ripped it away and gobbled it down right in front of her".

Alexa is at worst my second favorite Diva of all time. I am legitimately watching wrestling because of her.
That was good.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Nia is the type of woman Jeff Jarrett would've KO'd with his guitar back in the WCW days.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Mean Gene: Why did you hit that poor woman with your guitar?
Jeff Jarrett: I didn't have a damn hour to walk around her.

WCW was perfection for a while.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

This had me in tears when I saw it happen during the Rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdd5LFXdDcM
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

First time Titus has been entertaining in like five years.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Not a fan of Ronda, especially during her MMA days, but I am rooting for her. I want to like her. Loved her energy tonight.
Nevermind. Right back to despising this retard... "hearing me speak is a privilege" is a pretty counter-productive thing to say...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/26/1 ... -privilege

Ronda Rousey was once one of the most prominent figures in MMA, both due to her massive success inside the Octagon and her willingness to speak outside of it.

But following a brutal championship loss to Holly Holm in November 2015, Rousey essentially became a recluse outside of a few already scheduled appearances, and she hardly did any media ahead of her subsequent fight, a 48-second defeat at the hands of Amanda Nunes. Since then, Rousey has been reluctant to talk about the trials and tribulations of her fighting career as she transitions into her role as a performer for the WWE.

On Wednesday, Rousey participated in a Q&A at the Wild Card West boxing gym alongside director Peter Berg to promote their upcoming film Mile 22, and she elaborated on the reasons why she chose to become more private.

“We live in an age of trial by Twitter,” Rousey said, according to MMAjunkie. “What is really gained by stating opinion on anything? It whittles people down. It gets cut and pasted 10 times and it’s in (a) headline.

“(Famous people) keep more and more of it to themselves. Why should I talk? I believe hearing me speak is a privilege, and it’s a privilege that’s been abused, so why not revoke it from everyone? I don’t believe public criticism beating you down is the right thing to do.”

Rousey has been more active in social media since joining the WWE, posting videos of her training with her new peers, and she also took part in several interviews in the lead-up to WrestleMania 34.

However, she seemed to acknowledge Wednesday that losing took a toll on her not just because of the criticism that followed, but because of her lack of preparation for such an outcome.

“My parents expected me to be special, so I expected to be special,” Rousey said. “I was just trying to create the job I wanted, and I wouldn’t have the audacity to do that if my mom didn’t tell me I could.

“But one thing my mother never taught me was how to lose. She never wanted me to entertain it as a possibility. She’d say: ‘Let it suck. It deserves to suck.’”

Rousey has not competed in MMA since December 2016 and according to her, the last two years or so have been mostly spent recovering. She married fellow UFC fighter Travis Browne and changed careers, and is now preparing for the release of her next Hollywood film.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

M'lady got her strap back in an epic Money in the Bank win/cash in on the same night. Glorious to see.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:I think I'm in love with Alexa Bliss. Might start watching wrestling now. :p
Thought I was joking about this, but I'm not. Alexa is my gal. Woot!
Beautiful choice
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

P much a done deal before but now Elias is officially my #2 after Rollins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20k-jXnI-OI
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Grandmaster Sexay committed suicide in a jail cell after a DUI.

Bummer story.