Escalating Terrorist Events

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Escalating Terrorist Events

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:So what is the liberal solution to terrorism? And why is it failing so dismally?
i can't speak for liberals as a whole, but seeking out terror plots and stopping them, punishing those that commit or intend to commit acts of terror, finding ways to discourage more from carrying out terror. while also helping to provide something sustainable in the middle east where refugees can be safe are all good steps in my mind.

what is the conservative solution to terrorism and why is it failing so dismally?
Keeping them out of the country is incredibly effective.

Have you not noticed the severe uptick in islamic terror attacks in the countries with liberal immigration policies?
i'm aware of that. do you want to work to stop terrorism or just try to make it someone else's problem as much as we can?
People who play stupid games get stupid prizes. In the fantasy world, having no terrorism is possible. In the real world, you must represent your own people and prevent it from happening here. If other countries are willing to allow the bad guys in to blow up their children, not much we can do about that.

Amazing how little accountability there is in the so-called "intelligence community" and immigration agencies when these nuts are loose.
kick the hornet's nest over there. then tell them, it's all their problem. that's one approach.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:So what is the liberal solution to terrorism? And why is it failing so dismally?
i can't speak for liberals as a whole, but seeking out terror plots and stopping them, punishing those that commit or intend to commit acts of terror, finding ways to discourage more from carrying out terror. while also helping to provide something sustainable in the middle east where refugees can be safe are all good steps in my mind.

what is the conservative solution to terrorism and why is it failing so dismally?
Keeping them out of the country is incredibly effective.

Have you not noticed the severe uptick in islamic terror attacks in the countries with liberal immigration policies?
i'm aware of that. do you want to work to stop terrorism or just try to make it someone else's problem as much as we can?
People who play stupid games get stupid prizes. In the fantasy world, having no terrorism is possible. In the real world, you must represent your own people and prevent it from happening here. If other countries are willing to allow the bad guys in to blow up their children, not much we can do about that.

Amazing how little accountability there is in the so-called "intelligence community" and immigration agencies when these nuts are loose.
kick the hornet's nest over there. then tell them, it's all their problem. that's one approach.
If you have a hornets nest removed, and your dumb shit neighbors decide to root through your trash and have a catch with it, is it your problem when they get stung? How about after you tell them that playing with it will result in getting stung?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: If you have a hornets nest removed, and your dumb shit neighbors decide to root through your trash and have a catch with it, is it your problem when they get stung? How about after you tell them that playing with it will result in getting stung?
that's not what's happening at all. we (as in our military and leaders) go to other countries to start wars, take resources, depose or kill leaders, then decide that it's someone else's problem now. but go to another country to start another war or take more resources or depose another leader or whatever, then also leave them broken and deciding it's someone else's problem.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: If you have a hornets nest removed, and your dumb shit neighbors decide to root through your trash and have a catch with it, is it your problem when they get stung? How about after you tell them that playing with it will result in getting stung?
that's not what's happening at all. we (as in our military and leaders) go to other countries to start wars, take resources, depose or kill leaders, then decide that it's someone else's problem now. but go to another country to start another war or take more resources or depose another leader or whatever, then also leave them broken and deciding it's someone else's problem.
Wow. You are really blaming us for the child of a refugee in the U.K. blowing up people in the U.K.?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Wow. You are really blaming us for the child of a refugee in the U.K. blowing up people in the U.K.?
were we talking about a solution to terrorism in general, or about this single act of terrorism?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
were we talking about a solution to terrorism in general, or about this single act of terrorism?
Would you agree that terrorism as a whole is comprised of single acts?

How is what you blamed the US for in any way related to the last ten terror attacked in Europe?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

How is what you blamed the US for in any way related to the last ten terror attacked in Europe?
if you look at each terrorist act as if they happen in a vacuum, then you can say that they are not in any way related to anything else.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i guess my question is do you wanna find some kind of a solution to terrorism, or just react to it as it happens?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:i guess my question is do you wanna find some kind of a solution to terrorism, or just react to it as it happens?
That's what I'm saying proactive not...well I can't say reactive because barely anyone reacts to it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:i guess my question is do you wanna find some kind of a solution to terrorism, or just react to it as it happens?
My solution:

1. Keep them out of this country
2. Help our allies with both intelligence and military operations to wipe out those who would do us harm

Note my solution does not include apologies, changing the way we live, giving them stuff, making concessions, etc.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
That's what I'm saying proactive not...well I can't say reactive because barely anyone reacts to it.
What does that even mean? Who isn't reacting to terrorism?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Hey guys, let's elect a Muslim president, a woman VP, a gay governor, and a tranny mayor! Then it will all just kinda work itself out...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
My solution:

2. Help our allies with both intelligence and military operations to wipe out those who would do us harm

Note my solution does not include apologies, changing the way we live, giving them stuff, making concessions, etc.
Changing the way we live?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Hey guys, let's elect a Muslim president, a woman VP, a gay governor, and a tranny mayor! Then it will all just kinda work itself out...
wut
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

What a myopic way of looking at things you have, my friend.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:Hey guys, let's elect a Muslim president, a woman VP, a gay governor, and a tranny mayor! Then it will all just kinda work itself out...
wut
I don't know... I feel like he's somehow mocking Muslims, women, and the LGBT community all at once for no discernible reason.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
My solution:

is cleaning up the way they live, after we carry out wars against them such a bad thing, as a step toward less terrorism and conflict?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

well what if they all do a good job though
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Saying shit doesn't amount to shit. Tip toeing as to not hurt feelings doesn't amount to shit. Trying to convince people that wanting to attack the problem with force is racist doesn't amount to shit. Publicly condemning it doesn't amount to shit. These are exactly why the world is where it's at a failure to react.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Saying shit doesn't amount to shit. Tip toeing as to not hurt feelings doesn't amount to shit. Trying to convince people that wanting to attack the problem with force is racist doesn't amount to shit. Publicly condemning it doesn't amount to shit. These are exactly why the world is where it's at a failure to react.
I'd say that's just your flawed perception then.

Multiple terrorist threats are averted or intercepted weekly by various intelligence agencies across Europe and I would assume in the US. After an attack, major efforts to uncover the network behind it come underway and is why in the UK there have been multiple arrests following the Manchester bombing.

We're facing an election, and both parties have come out and strongly condemned the groups, so nobody is tiptoeing around the issue. They are in fact presenting the problem exactly as it stands.

There's been a massive escalation of civilian deaths in various Middle Eastern countries since Trump took office, because of the expanded use of drone strikes. Yuge number of dead. Yuuuuge. Some are kids and innocents, but who gives a fuck, right?

And all this goes against the backdrop of constantly seeking out more intelligence about ISIS and other groups, trying to best find further intelligence, upskilling police and intelligence communities to understand how best to deal with both the active situations and the way to trace things through social media, the internet, and the dark web. I mean, you could not invest much more than that if you tried.

The problem is that no system is perfect, and the danger with incidents like the Manchester one is that it doesn't take that much to create some chaos and cause damage and death. An even better example would be earlier in London, or even in Stockholm, where the method of destruction was stealing a vehicle and just ramming it into a crowd. There's nothing you can do to prevent this, really. There is no solution that is comprehensive. You have to just keep trying to stop as much as you can which is what is happening.

The point Head and I are making is that some of the individuals perpetrating some of these acts of terror, or joining fights in Syria and elsewhere, have tended to not just have decided "fuck it, kill white dudes" but will often be from poor communities, will have fit certain profiles that made them vulnerable to propaganda and approach, and would have been basically coaxed into this way of thinking. And trying to uncover and understand this, and possibly where we can to prevent this from being possible, is a step forward and not just "a hug" as you put it. It's the idea of preventative policing rather than reactionary policing taken to its logical extreme.