Music Fiend

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Music Fiend

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:My buddies (The Lillies) are opening for Blue Oyster Cult next week. Pretty awesome.
That's cool as hell! Buck Dharma is vastly underrated.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:My buddies (The Lillies) are opening for Blue Oyster Cult next week. Pretty awesome.
Vastly for sure very solid singer and guitarist
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Tense

Can't wait to hear the full thing. That Nolan/Zimmer combo is probably my favorite combo in modern cinema.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Black Sabbath doesn't get the credit it deserves for musicianship.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote:Black Sabbath doesn't get the credit it deserves for musicianship.
It does of critics in Metal circles they seemingly do, to imo ad nauseam. Yes, they are the godfather/grandfathers of metal or whatever. I love em a lot. But Paranoid should not be considered #1 on virtually every fucking list I see of top metal albums. Great album but overrated and over-saturated. And then even on top 100 lists, every album with Ozzy outside of the last 2 make a top 50 to 20 list? No, just no. Some of those albums only have 2-3 good songs on them. And one of those albums that they toss aside has Blow On A Jug, which is brilliant! I love Sabbath, but just because you were the first doesn't mean you're the best. Once Ozzy and Iommi kick the bucket, shit might change. /pseduo-rant
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Solid rant wood reed again
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Solid rant wood reed again
My man *fives*
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Black Sabbath doesn't get the credit it deserves for musicianship.
It does of critics in Metal circles they seemingly do, to imo ad nauseam. Yes, they are they are the godfather/grandfathers of metal or whatever. I love em a lot. But Paranoid should not be considered #1 on virtually every fucking list I see of top metal albums. Great album but overrated and over-saturated. And then even on top 100 lists, every album with Ozzy outside of the last 2 make a top 50 to 20 list? No, just no. Some of those albums only have 2-3 good songs on them. And one of those albums that they toss aside has Blow On A Jug, which is brilliant! I love Sabbath, but just because you were the first doesn't mean you're the best. Once Ozzy and Iommi kick the bucket, shit might change. /pseduo-rant
Like Zack says, "there's so much better Sabbath out there than Paranoid and Iron Man".

Good rant, though. I do love me some Sabbath, but you're absolutely right when some of those albums only have 2-3 good songs on them. First =/= best is also true.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:
I missed this post. I didn't know Jason was buddies with The Lillies. I saw them live downtown riverside at a bar. Wasn't shabby at all. I saw that they are opening for BOC on tour a couple weeks ago. Sweet gig.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
I missed this post. I didn't know Jason was buddies with The Lillies. I saw them live downtown riverside at a bar. Wasn't shabby at all. I saw that they are opening for BOC on tour a couple weeks ago. Sweet gig.
We talked about this a few years back. :p

You complimented the guitarist on how crisp his sound was (I think).

The main guy I've known is the guitarist. We've been friends since middle school. I never really knew the singer, and the drummer and bassist were pretty good acquaintances, but they left the band. Haven't followed closely, don't know who took their place.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
We talked about this a few years back. :p

You complimented the guitarist on how crisp his sound was (I think).

The main guy I've known is the guitarist. We've been friends since middle school. I never really knew the singer, and the drummer and bassist were pretty good acquaintances, but they left the band. Haven't followed closely, don't know who took their place.
My memory really is going to shit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

In fairness, I was probably more blown away about it than you were, and I'd be the one more likely to remember.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Currently listening to The Howling soundtrack. The Pino score.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Tense

Can't wait to hear the full thing. That Nolan/Zimmer combo is probably my favorite combo in modern cinema.
Great article about the science behind the tension. Did you see it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Tense

Great article about the science behind the tension. Did you see it.
Noop.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I've got Enya's "Boadicea" on repeat as I'm writing. Just seems to fit perfectly. Wish i could find more Enya that is as good as this :P (I know that sounded *so* metal)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I've got Enya's "Boadicea" on repeat as I'm writing. Just seems to fit perfectly. Wish i could find more Enya that is as good as this :P (I know that sounded *so* metal)
Check out the Journey (not the band) soundtrack for potential writing inspiration.