MLB 2018

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:You'll trade him to the Dodgers for a framed picture of Magic Johnson's glorious smile and you'll love it.
I love Adam so much I would love to see him go play for a championship it still will hurt the city of Baltimore needs him in way more than a sports role.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Man......Billy Hamilton is so much fun to watch. Any of y'all paying attention to this kid? It is such bullshit that he hasn't won a gold glove. The guy is unreal. He's finally hitting too. I heard today that he scores 52% of the time he gets on base. Damn.....if he could just hit .260+.....he would be a star.
I was hoping he would turn into something. Really excited when he was called up.

Tough to get too excited about an outfielder who is in his prime and is hitting 9th behind the pitcher. Just not enough opportunities to influence enough games as an outfielder who doesn't get on base and has no power.

I thought Hamilton was gonna be Vince Coleman. Or maybe even a better base stealing Juan Pierra or Otis Nixon. Zero growth offensively in five years.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I would strand Billy Hamilton on an island with Brett Butler for about two years and see what happens. Can you imagine?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:You'll trade him to the Dodgers for a framed picture of Magic Johnson's glorious smile and you'll love it.
Home slice won't even pay the electric bill at Dodgers stadium.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:I would strand Billy Hamilton on an island with Brett Butler for about two years and see what happens. Can you imagine?
Haha. I'd be down for that. He's so much fun to watch. Would love to see him develop as a hitter.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:I would strand Billy Hamilton on an island with Brett Butler for about two years and see what happens. Can you imagine?
Haha. I'd be down for that. He's so much fun to watch. Would love to see him develop as a hitter.
Did you know Brett Butler had 188 bases empty bunt hits in his career, and his lifetime average was .490 bunting in that situation? Butler had a single season with 29 bunt hits. Billy Hamilton had four bunt hits last year, and that is including sacrifice bunts he beat out.

Hamilton is much faster than Butler. When you combine the bunt hits themselves plus the effect of pulling the infielders in further, he could be hitting .280 if he attempted a bunt for hit every three games.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:
Home slice won't even pay the electric bill at Dodgers stadium.
Still can't afford the electric bill.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Chris Davis finishes season with the lowest batting average in baseball history and is still owed 92 million of his 161 million dollar contract. The Orioles will most likely release Davis next year making the Davis deal the worst contract in sports history.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Fuck you Dodgers, this is fucking non-sense! Rockies have been screwed!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:Fuck you Dodgers, this is fucking non-sense! Rockies have been screwed!
Why, didn't they get reamed today
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Fuck you Dodgers, this is fucking non-sense! Rockies have been screwed!
Why, didn't they get reamed today
Why are we playing in LA? Rockies had the advantage, bull fucking bucky.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:Chris Davis finishes season with the lowest batting average in baseball history and is still owed 92 million of his 161 million dollar contract. The Orioles will most likely release Davis next year making the Davis deal the worst contract in sports history.

Annual Salary of Current Contract

2016-2022: $23 million per season ($17 million kept, $6 million deferred)

2023-2032: $3.5 million a year annually

2033-2037: $1.4 million a year annually

Paying him until 2037. Unbelievable.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Nail-biter 13 innings. I can't believe the bullpen held up for 6 and 1/3 innings and only gave up 1 run. The Rockies deserve a full playoff series for this performance. Incredible. They got their work cut out for them, though. The Brewers are no joke.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Go Rockies Go!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Chris Davis finishes season with the lowest batting average in baseball history and is still owed 92 million of his 161 million dollar contract. The Orioles will most likely release Davis next year making the Davis deal the worst contract in sports history.

Annual Salary of Current Contract

2016-2022: $23 million per season ($17 million kept, $6 million deferred)

2023-2032: $3.5 million a year annually

2033-2037: $1.4 million a year annually

Paying him until 2037. Unbelievable.
I had to verify all of this was real... holy fuckmoon johnson.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The Oreos had like 120 losses. That is insanity.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Season like that when you are clearly rebuilding is one thing but a season like that when you start the season thinking you are contending is just disgraceful. GM still hasn't been shit canned yet either.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Realistically my Rocks look like a 90 win team. They are toeing the line between solid and elite.
I was one game off. They are a 91 win team. :D
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:Realistically my Rocks look like a 90 win team. They are toeing the line between solid and elite.
I was one game off. They are a 91 win team. :D
I hope they win it all or the Brewers do
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Buck and Duquette out in Baltimore :D :D :D :D :D