Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Jason's Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:What this poll tells me is Obama is THE boogeyman for the right, while Republicans have had such a cast of awful presidents it's hard to narrow it down to which has been the worst. Bush split the Republican incompetence ticket.
Aside from ending the Cuban embargo, Obama was nothing but shit. He had no idea how to handle himself in foreign politics, Obamacare hurt far worse than it helped, he was a shameless race-baiter and he spent more taxpayer money on vacation than he probably raked in for the United States. Worse by far, and I tried so hard to like him.
Obama was there to clean up after the most destructive administration in US history. When graded on the "everything was a fucking disaster when he came in" curve, he was fine. Unremarkable and not nearly the liberal he was purported to be, but passable for sure.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Headhunter wrote:What this poll tells me is Obama is THE boogeyman for the right, while Republicans have had such a cast of awful presidents it's hard to narrow it down to which has been the worst. Bush split the Republican incompetence ticket.
Yup, looks like Nixon stole a lot of the Bush votes here. Carter got a good amount of Obama's but not nearly as high a percentage.
The independent polling is pretty telling...
Not really, again Bush split the more left-leaning centrist vote with Nixon that gave Obama a big edge.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Obama was there to clean up after the most destructive administration in US history.
Amazing that he could make it any worse.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Obama was there to clean up after the most destructive administration in US history.
Amazing that he could make it any worse.
That's a hilarious statement when you reflect on what things were like in 2007-2008. Now Trump's riding the Obama economy high until he crashes.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Yup, looks like Nixon stole a lot of the Bush votes here. Carter got a good amount of Obama's but not nearly as high a percentage.
Not really, again Bush split the more left-leaning centrist vote with Nixon that gave Obama a big edge.
I'm saying even the centrist polling says Obama was worse than Bush, Romney would've been better, etc...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:riding the Obama economy.
You've lost my ear.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I'm saying even the centrist polling says Obama was worse than Bush, Romney would've been better, etc...
I know what you're saying. I'm saying Bush split the "Republican incompetence" centrist vote with Nixon that makes it look like a big difference. It's not all that meaningful of a distinction, we know conservatives hate Obama far more than any other Democrat. Carter's an easy target but everyone else is tragically too competent to pick on.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
You've lost my ear.
Thank God.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
You've lost my ear.
Thank God.
The king of the Jews? :)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Worth reflecting that this shows nothing really. All Republicans picked Obama as the worst because they still actively hate him. Which is unsurprising when their current President still, to this day, berates him every day and brings him up every day. It’s no surprise then that if you ask Republicans theyll day he’s the worst. I’m betting Trump would be there in the worst category if they asked with him as an option because again he’s hugely unpopular. Admittedly he’s unpopular in every scenario, but still. All this shows is that your party politics are fundamentally broken.

Also, Head is 100% right that George W Bush should be top of the awful pile for a lot of things he did and managed in his time in office, given what he handed to Obama. Obama by contrast turned a pile of shit into a workable economy and system despite the obstruction of the right, and should’ve done so much more. A safe and dull centrist president who did nothing too remarkable but that in itself was remarkable given where he was and what he had available.

For my money I still consider Clinton a great president and W a woeful one. Before that it’s down to what I know from reading and research and Carter is clearly mediocre, LBJ is weird, and Nixon resigned in disgrace and was in Vietnam.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Also for context this seems more germane really

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2 ... ge=overall
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Every president from Truman to Nixon is tainted by Vietnam.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Nixon was a mostly good president undone by paranoia and egotism. Reagan was a traitor whose scandals have somehow been ignored over time.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Clinton was a good president and today he would be considered right wing trash and not woke enough to be electable.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:Clinton was a good president and today he would be considered right wing trash and not woke enough to be electable.
Possibly true. But he was good notwithstanding. In 10 years time the scale may shift again (left or right) which may yet determine how he’s viewed. But he achieved a lot of good stuff.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Epstein camera footage surfaces. Deemed unusuable. Will not be released to public. Definitely not eyebrow raising.

Epstein defies the laws of physics by killing himself, Ginsburg defies the laws of physics by staying alive.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Maddog....a very respected military man and his record speaks for itself. He doesn't seem to like Trump at all. I cannot agree more than everything in his Op-ed. I read the original, but pulled this one from Yahoo.

As soon as Trump shits on him with a tweet or live in public, Dumpers will all of a sudden hate the guy, lmfao. This is where our country is at, and yes the left does it too. Very fucking dangerous and threatens our democracy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mattis-sharp ... 33659.html
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The weirdest thing is people liking Mattis now that he's no longer affiliated with Trump. I am shocked! (not)
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

epstein may have been murdered. maybe it was the clintons. but trump has connections to him as well, and he's the sitting president. *shrug*
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

He's Hitler, so I'm sure it's possible. He doesn't have dozens of bizarre murders surrounding him, so I'm banking on nah.

Might not just be the Clintons. Think of all the celebrities that were over there fondling little kids. Think of all the celebrities over there who didn't fondle little kids and don't want the world to know they were ever there.