Music Fiend

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Music Fiend

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:i hope that all of you can appreciate her brand of croaky mumble pop when no time to die hits screens.
She cant do worse than Sam Smith did I cant even listen to that ear rape
That song was such shit...ugh...
I fast forward past it when I watch the movie its intolerable
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The airship pirate cats and underwater ducks

By The Cog Is Dead

Fucking weird. But very catchy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Taylor Swift is long gone, deep into the black hole of 3rd wave feminism. I don't even know what to say about this song. I sat through it, pinching the bridge of my nose the entire time.

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it is very overproduced. :P
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Somehow I had never seen Taylor Swift before. No pictures, no video, nothing. I'm sure I've heard one of her songs, but I wouldn't be able to tell you it was her. She was just a name being thrown around by the masses as far as I was concerned. Then about a week ago, I saw her on an episode of the Graham Norton show with John Cleese from around 2015. She didn't seem to find him funny(and even possibly thought him rude), so I automatically disliked her. How anyone can be sat next to John Cleese and not laugh when he's in full "old man not giving a shit mode", I will never understand.

*Edit: For some reason, the site keeps adding a line break after the sentence that ends with "concerned". Not sure what's going on there, but I was able to fix it by only single-spacing after the period rather than double-spacing like I normally do.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Taylor Swift is long gone, deep into the black hole of 3rd wave feminism. I don't even know what to say about this song. I sat through it, pinching the bridge of my nose the entire time.
Well it's definitely not one of her better songs. But thing for me is, a theme there is how much more successful, better, cooler she would be if she were a man... This message should not come from the biggest pop star on the fucking planet, with no male counterpart. How much more success you want, chick? You're on route to break the record for everything. Real humble chick.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The new James Bond song for No Time to Die...

It's not awful, but really slow...
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I like it much better than the Jack White and the Sam Smith songs (granted, those are pretty low bars), but not anywhere as much as You Know My Name or Skyfall. Right in the middle of the Craig Bond themes, imo.

It is a bit slow for a Bond Theme though. I can't imagine the entire opening credits being the full 4 minutes, so I expect it to be edited down.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It's not that bad it's a gazillion times better than Sam Smith. It's the best thing I've heard her sing so far.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i like this as a bille eilish song. i'm not sure i like this as a bond theme song. (bring back shirley manson! :P)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Sam Smith's music irritates the hell out of me, so you can imagine my enthusiasm when he did Spectre's song. *Sideshow Bob shudder*
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Can't wait to watch this video. lol.

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Watched it earlier lol
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm one of their patreon supporters. They lowkey became one of my favorite channels on youtube. lol.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Currently going through another binge of random songs from the 80's. Here are a few stand outs so far.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Havok wrote:Currently going through another binge of random songs from the 80's. Here are a few stand outs so far.
10 seconds into Burning In Love and I'm already Image

You should join the Friday night Jam session this week, Hav...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i've seen this going around facebook, in regard to movies. so i was curious... can you list your favorite album (or movie score, if you don't have an album for whichever year) for each year that you've lived through?
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

zombie wrote:i've seen this going around facebook, in regard to movies. so i was curious... can you list your favorite album (or movie score, if you don't have an album for whichever year) for each year that you've lived through?
But I didn't really get into music until around 8 or 10. Do we start at birth?
I'm pretty sure it would be beatles for the first 8 years. *cringes*
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Ava wrote:
zombie wrote:i've seen this going around facebook, in regard to movies. so i was curious... can you list your favorite album (or movie score, if you don't have an album for whichever year) for each year that you've lived through?
yeah, i was thinking to start at birth. it doesn't mean you had to hear it in that year, just that it was released that year.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

zombie wrote:
Ava wrote:
yeah, i was thinking to start at birth. it doesn't mean you had to hear it in that year, just that it was released that year.
Gotcha!